Workplace Discrimination Work Society.
- Wikipedia: Employment discrimination is a form of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, and gender identity by employers. Earnings differentials or occupational differentiation- where differences in pay come from differences in qualifications or responsibilities- should not be confused with employment discrimination. Discrimination can be intended and involve disparate treatment of a group or be unintended, yet create disparate impact for a group.
- Employment discrimination Category
- Equal Remuneration Convention, 1951 - The Convention concerning Equal Remuneration for Men and Women Workers for Work of Equal Value, or Equal Remuneration Convention is the 100th International Labour Organization Convention and the principal one aimed at equal remuneration for work of equal value for men and women.
- Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention, 1958 - The Convention concerning Discrimination in Respect of Employment and Occupation or Discrimination Convention is an International Labour Organization Convention on anti-discrimination. It is one of eight ILO fundamental conventions.
- Economic discrimination - Economic discrimination is discrimination based on economic factors. These factors can include job availability, wages, the prices and/or availability of goods and services, and the amount of capital investment funding available to minorities for business.
- Involuntary unemployment - Involuntary unemployment occurs when a person is willing to work at the prevailing wage yet is unemployed. Involuntary unemployment is distinguished from voluntary unemployment, where workers choose not to work because their reservation wage is higher than the prevailing wage.
- Labour and employment law - Labour law mediates the relationship between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government. Collective labour law relates to the tripartite relationship between employee, employer and union. Individual labour law concerns employees' rights at work and through the contract for work.
- Marriage bars - A marriage bar is the custom and practice of restricting the employment of married women in general or in particular professions or occupations; and sometimes the practice called for the termination of employment of a woman on her marriage, especially in teaching, clerical and other occupations...
- Waste of resources
- Workplace bullying
- Articles Norm Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings www
Articles on issues involving minorities and age discrimination, Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings, touching on immigration, affirmative action and Silicon Valley hiring practices. Norm Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings.
- A EMAD - Employers Making a Difference www
A disability employment support organisation promoting and assisting businesses that encourage people with a disability as employees and customers. EMAD - Employers Making a Difference.
- San Fagan & Fagan www
San Diego based firm specializes in discrimination law, & Fagan, including that based on race or against families with children. Includes answers to common questions. Fagan & Fagan.
- Alleges Abercrombie Discrimination Lawsuit www
Alleges that the firm discriminates against Latinos, Discrimination Lawsuit, Asian Americans and African Americans in order to create the Abercrombie and Fitch look. Abercrombie Discrimination Lawsuit.
- Outline Rich's New Developments in Employment Discrimination Law www
Outline of 1996 developments focusing primarily on Eleventh Circuit law. Rich's New Developments in Employment Discrimination Law.
- An LII: Law about Employment Discrimination www
An overview of employment discrimination law with links to key primary and secondary sources. LII: Law about Employment Discrimination.
- Documents A Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing? www
Documents reveal rampant racial and gender discrimination at Boeing. Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing?. [BusinessWeek] A Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing?.
- Essay ENDA www
Essay on Employment Non-Discrimination Act's origin, ENDA, support, opposition and recent developments. ENDA.
- Former FACE Intel www
Former and current employees alleging discriminatory and predatory employment practices. FACE Intel.
- Human Human Rights Watch: Ukraine www
Human rights issues with emphasis on widespread gender discrimination. Human Rights Watch: Ukraine.
- Claims Mitsubishi Racial Discrimination Lawsuit www
Claims that there is more to this event that took place in Japan than meets the eye. Mitsubishi Racial Discrimination Lawsuit.
- Presents Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees www
Presents factual data on Compaq terminating disabled employees despite their written employment documentation. Treatment of Disabled Employees. Conclusions are left for the reader to draw. Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees.
- Sex WalMart Class www
Sex discrimination lawsuit alleging denial of advancement and training, Class, lower wages, sexually hostile work environment and retaliation. WalMart Class.
- How Glass Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans www
How African, Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans, Hispanic (Latino), and Asian Americans can recognize when they are up against the Glass Ceiling, and what they can do about it. Glass Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans.
- Works Legal Aid Society - Employment Law Center www
Works in litigation, Aid Society - Employment Law Center, direct services, and legislative advocacy areas to help low-income and minority workers. San Francisco-based. In English, Chinese, Spanish. Legal Aid Society - Employment Law Center.
- E-text Affirmative Action Reconsidered www
E-text of a 1975 monograph by Thomas Sowell that examines the claims and counterclaims surrounding affirmative action as it has been implemented in academia. Affirmative Action Reconsidered.
- An The New Meritocracy: Recent Affirmative Action Developments in Universities www
An explanation of the changes to the meritocracy in Australia achieved by affirmative action. The New Meritocracy: Recent Affirmative Action Developments in Universities.
- This Age Discrimination in the Workplace www
This web site is designed to help students, Discrimination in the Workplace, businesses and organizations learn about preventing age discrimination, successfully managing an age diverse workforce and increasing productivity by effectively utilizing older workers. Age Discrimination in the Workplace.
- A The Older Worker...Valued Resource or Museum Piece? www
A look at age discrimination in employment. Older Worker...Valued Resource or Museum Piece?. The Older Worker...Valued Resource or Museum Piece?.
- Advocacy Workplace Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign www
Advocacy group for victims of bullies in the places of employment in the United States. Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign. Page includes list of current state bills, news, events, and resource links. Workplace Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign.
- Rankism Breaking Ranks www
Rankism deals with the abuse of rank in organizations. Ranks. Learn about rank abuse and join the dignitarian movement. Bulletin board facilities are also available on this site. Breaking Ranks.
- A PRISM International, Inc. www
A provider of consulting services and training programs and products for diversity management, International, Inc., harassment/discrimination prevention and cross-cultural effectiveness. PRISM International, Inc..
- Consulting Diversity World www
Consulting and Training firm that focuses on workforce diversity - enriching workforces and reducing barriers to employment. Diversity World.
- Discussion White Guilt and Black Power www
Discussion of an article from the Wall Street Journal on FreeRepublic. White Guilt and Black Power.
- Defends Center for Religious Freedom www
Defends against religious persecution of all groups throughout the world. for Religious Freedom. It insists that U.S. foreign policy defend Christians and Jews, Muslim dissidents and minorities, and other religious minorities in countries such as Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Iran and Sudan. Center for Religious Freedom.
- Offers VPMom.com www
Offers moms interested in business start-up assistance through the use of chat, VPMom.com, mentoring, online information, guidance and internet presence. VPMom.com.
- Diary Diary of a Working Woman in the South www
Diary of a southern working woman in a male dominant occupation. a Working Woman in the South. Depicts frustrations, adversity, dreams, loss and confusions of juggling career, family, health and faith. Diary of a Working Woman in the South.
- Works The AFL-CIO Working for America Institute www
Works to create good jobs and strong communities through partnerships promoting high road economic strategies for individuals and employers. AFL-CIO Working for America Institute. Articles, conferences and other resources. The AFL-CIO Working for America Institute.
- Quotations, Work Website www
Quotations, Website, stories, disccussions, articles, and humour about work. Work Website.
- Alexa: Workplace Discrimination Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Workplace Discrimination Work
- DMOZ: Workplace Discrimination Work
dmoz.org Directory: Workplace Discrimination Work