Workplace Discrimination Work Society.
- Wikipedia: Employment discrimination is a form of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, and gender identity by employers. Earnings differentials or occupational differentiation?where differences in pay come from differences in qualifications or responsibilities?should not be confused with employment discrimination. Discrimination can be intended and involve disparate treatment of a group or be unintended, yet create disparate impact for a group.
- Employment discrimination Category
- Equal Remuneration Convention, 1951 - The Convention concerning Equal Remuneration for Men and Women Workers for Work of Equal Value, or Equal Remuneration Convention is the 100th International Labour Organization Convention and the principal one aimed at equal remuneration for work of equal value for men and women.
- Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention, 1958 - The Convention concerning Discrimination in Respect of Employment and Occupation or Discrimination Convention is an International Labour Organization Convention on anti-discrimination. It is one of eight ILO fundamental conventions.
- Economic discrimination - Economic discrimination is discrimination based on economic factors. These factors can include job availability, wages, the prices and/or availability of goods and services, and the amount of capital investment funding available to minorities for business.
- Involuntary unemployment - Involuntary unemployment occurs when a person is willing to work at the prevailing wage yet is unemployed. Involuntary unemployment is distinguished from voluntary unemployment, where workers choose not to work because their reservation wage is higher than the prevailing wage.
- Labour and employment law - Labour law mediates the relationship between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government. Collective labour law relates to the tripartite relationship between employee, employer and union. Individual labour law concerns employees' rights at work and through the contract for work.
- Marriage bars - A marriage bar is the custom and practice of restricting the employment of married women in general or in particular professions or occupations; and sometimes the practice called for the termination of employment of a woman on her marriage, especially in teaching, clerical and other occupations...
- Waste of resources
- Workplace bullying
- A EMAD - Employers Making a Difference www
A disability employment support organisation promoting and assisting businesses that encourage people with a disability as employees and customers. EMAD - Employers Making a Difference.
- San Fagan & Fagan www
San Diego based firm specializes in discrimination law, & Fagan, including that based on race or against families with children. Includes answers to common questions. Fagan & Fagan.
- Outline Rich's New Developments in Employment Discrimination Law www
Outline of 1996 developments focusing primarily on Eleventh Circuit law. Rich's New Developments in Employment Discrimination Law.
- Presents Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees www
Presents factual data on Compaq terminating disabled employees despite their written employment documentation. Treatment of Disabled Employees. Conclusions are left for the reader to draw. Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees.
- Former FACE Intel www
Former and current employees alleging discriminatory and predatory employment practices. FACE Intel.
- Articles Norm Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings www
Articles on issues involving minorities and age discrimination, Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings, touching on immigration, affirmative action and Silicon Valley hiring practices. Norm Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings.
- Human Human Rights Watch: Ukraine www
Human rights issues with emphasis on widespread gender discrimination. Human Rights Watch: Ukraine.
- An LII: Law about Employment Discrimination www
An overview of employment discrimination law with links to key primary and secondary sources. LII: Law about Employment Discrimination.
- Sex WalMart Class www
Sex discrimination lawsuit alleging denial of advancement and training, Class, lower wages, sexually hostile work environment and retaliation. WalMart Class.
- Documents A Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing? www
Documents reveal rampant racial and gender discrimination at Boeing. Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing?. [BusinessWeek] A Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing?.
- Alleges Abercrombie Discrimination Lawsuit www
Alleges that the firm discriminates against Latinos, Discrimination Lawsuit, Asian Americans and African Americans in order to create the Abercrombie and Fitch look. Abercrombie Discrimination Lawsuit.
- How Glass Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans www
How African, Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans, Hispanic (Latino), and Asian Americans can recognize when they are up against the Glass Ceiling, and what they can do about it. Glass Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans.
- Essay ENDA www
Essay on Employment Non-Discrimination Act's origin, ENDA, support, opposition and recent developments. ENDA.
- Works Legal Aid Society - Employment Law Center www
Works in litigation, Aid Society - Employment Law Center, direct services, and legislative advocacy areas to help low-income and minority workers. San Francisco-based. In English, Chinese, Spanish. Legal Aid Society - Employment Law Center.
- Claims Mitsubishi Racial Discrimination Lawsuit www
Claims that there is more to this event that took place in Japan than meets the eye. Mitsubishi Racial Discrimination Lawsuit.
- Encyclopedia Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Affirmative Action www
Encyclopedia entry by Robert Fullinwider. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Affirmative Action.
- An The New Meritocracy: Recent Affirmative Action Developments in Universities www
An explanation of the changes to the meritocracy in Australia achieved by affirmative action. The New Meritocracy: Recent Affirmative Action Developments in Universities.
- This Age Discrimination in the Workplace www
This web site is designed to help students, Discrimination in the Workplace, businesses and organizations learn about preventing age discrimination, successfully managing an age diverse workforce and increasing productivity by effectively utilizing older workers. Age Discrimination in the Workplace.
- Allstate Agents Class www
94 percent of the terminated employee agents were over age forty and 84 percent of the individuals hired to fill newly-created customer service positions were under age 40. Allstate Agents Class.
- Advocacy Workplace Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign www
Advocacy group for victims of bullies in the places of employment in the United States. Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign. Page includes list of current state bills, news, events, and resource links. Workplace Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign.
- Anti-Bullying The Work Doctor www
Anti-Bullying Services for Workplace Health. The Work Doctor.
- Specializing Vanessa Sheridan www
Specializing in transgender in the workplace issues, Sheridan, Sheridan's business services include corporate consulting, keynote speaking and awareness training. Vanessa Sheridan.
- Provides Executive Diversity Services www
Provides organizational development training programs and consulting services in cultural diversity training, Diversity Services, conflict management, team building, customer service training and organizational change management. Executive Diversity Services.
- Rooted Race, Democracy and Culture www
Rooted in and growing out of former president Bill Clinton's Initiative on Race, Democracy and Culture, the Renewing Democracy Through Interracial/Multicultural Community Building project. Race, Democracy and Culture.
- Educational Learn to Question www
Educational and research site by Boston Latin School students on human rights, Question, genocide, propaganda, tolerance, and identity. Learn to Question.
- Offers VPMom.com www
Offers moms interested in business start-up assistance through the use of chat, VPMom.com, mentoring, online information, guidance and internet presence. VPMom.com.
- Diary Diary of a Working Woman in the South www
Diary of a southern working woman in a male dominant occupation. a Working Woman in the South. Depicts frustrations, adversity, dreams, loss and confusions of juggling career, family, health and faith. Diary of a Working Woman in the South.
- Archive Working Stiff www
Archive materials from ezine to help working people put in fewer hours for more pay and occasionally win arguments with the boss. Stiff. Features diaries, stories, columns, forums, and other resources. Working Stiff.
- A Custodial Worker's Resource www
A worker's resource for custodial, Worker's Resource, janitorial, maintenance workers and other service professionals. Included are a message board, information on safety, floor care, maintenance and unions. Custodial Worker's Resource.
- Alexa: Workplace Discrimination Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Workplace Discrimination Work
- DMOZ: Workplace Discrimination Work
dmoz.org Directory: Workplace Discrimination Work