Workplace Discrimination Work Society.
- Wikipedia: Employment discrimination is a form of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, and gender identity by employers. Earnings differentials or occupational differentiation is not in and of itself evidence of employment discrimination. Discrimination can be intended and involve disparate treatment of a group or be unintended, yet create disparate impact for a group.
- Employment discrimination Category
- Equal Remuneration Convention, 1951 - The Convention concerning Equal Remuneration for Men and Women Workers for Work of Equal Value, or Equal Remuneration Convention is the 100th International Labour Organization Convention and the principal one aimed at equal remuneration for work of equal value for men and women.
- Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention, 1958 - The Convention concerning Discrimination in Respect of Employment and Occupation or Discrimination Convention is an International Labour Organization Convention on anti-discrimination. It is one of eight ILO fundamental conventions.
- Economic discrimination - Economic discrimination is discrimination based on economic factors. These factors can include job availability, wages, the prices and/or availability of goods and services, and the amount of capital investment funding available to minorities for business.
- Involuntary unemployment - Involuntary unemployment occurs when a person is willing to work at the prevailing wage yet is unemployed. Involuntary unemployment is distinguished from voluntary unemployment, where workers choose not to work because their reservation wage is higher than the prevailing wage.
- Labour and employment law - Labour law mediates the relationship between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government. Collective labour law relates to the tripartite relationship between employee, employer and union. Individual labour law concerns employees' rights at work and through the contract for work.
- Marriage bars - A marriage bar is the custom and practice of restricting the employment of married women in general or in particular professions or occupations; and sometimes the practice called for the termination of employment of a woman on her marriage, especially in teaching, clerical and other occupations...
- Waste of resources
- Workplace bullying
- Sex WalMart Class www
Sex discrimination lawsuit alleging denial of advancement and training, Class, lower wages, sexually hostile work environment and retaliation. WalMart Class.
- A EMAD - Employers Making a Difference www
A disability employment support organisation promoting and assisting businesses that encourage people with a disability as employees and customers. EMAD - Employers Making a Difference.
- Documents A Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing? www
Documents reveal rampant racial and gender discrimination at Boeing. Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing?. [BusinessWeek] A Pattern of Discrimination at Boeing?.
- An LII: Law about Employment Discrimination www
An overview of employment discrimination law with links to key primary and secondary sources. LII: Law about Employment Discrimination.
- Claims Mitsubishi Racial Discrimination Lawsuit www
Claims that there is more to this event that took place in Japan than meets the eye. Mitsubishi Racial Discrimination Lawsuit.
- How Glass Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans www
How African, Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans, Hispanic (Latino), and Asian Americans can recognize when they are up against the Glass Ceiling, and what they can do about it. Glass Ceiling for African, Hispanic, and Asian Americans.
- Alleges Abercrombie Discrimination Lawsuit www
Alleges that the firm discriminates against Latinos, Discrimination Lawsuit, Asian Americans and African Americans in order to create the Abercrombie and Fitch look. Abercrombie Discrimination Lawsuit.
- Presents Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees www
Presents factual data on Compaq terminating disabled employees despite their written employment documentation. Treatment of Disabled Employees. Conclusions are left for the reader to draw. Compaq's Treatment of Disabled Employees.
- Articles Norm Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings www
Articles on issues involving minorities and age discrimination, Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings, touching on immigration, affirmative action and Silicon Valley hiring practices. Norm Matloff's Frequently-Accessed Writings.
- Human Human Rights Watch: Ukraine www
Human rights issues with emphasis on widespread gender discrimination. Human Rights Watch: Ukraine.
- San Fagan & Fagan www
San Diego based firm specializes in discrimination law, & Fagan, including that based on race or against families with children. Includes answers to common questions. Fagan & Fagan.
- Former FACE Intel www
Former and current employees alleging discriminatory and predatory employment practices. FACE Intel.
- Essay ENDA www
Essay on Employment Non-Discrimination Act's origin, ENDA, support, opposition and recent developments. ENDA.
- Outline Rich's New Developments in Employment Discrimination Law www
Outline of 1996 developments focusing primarily on Eleventh Circuit law. Rich's New Developments in Employment Discrimination Law.
- Works Legal Aid Society - Employment Law Center www
Works in litigation, Aid Society - Employment Law Center, direct services, and legislative advocacy areas to help low-income and minority workers. San Francisco-based. In English, Chinese, Spanish. Legal Aid Society - Employment Law Center.
- Encyclopedia Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Affirmative Action www
Encyclopedia entry by Robert Fullinwider. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Affirmative Action.
- Offers The National Center for Public Policy Research Affirmative Action Resource Center www
Offers links to resources including commentary, National Center for Public Policy Research Affirmative Action Resource Center, legislation, litigation, and articles. The National Center for Public Policy Research Affirmative Action Resource Center.
- Allstate Agents Class www
94 percent of the terminated employee agents were over age forty and 84 percent of the individuals hired to fill newly-created customer service positions were under age 40. Allstate Agents Class.
- New LIScareer.com - Combating Ageism: Lessons Learned by "Baby" Librarians www
New librarian confronts being typecast based on how old she appears to be. Combating Ageism: Lessons Learned by "Baby" Librarians. Also shares stories of others and how they dealt with ageism. LIScareer.com - Combating Ageism: Lessons Learned by "Baby" Librarians.
- Advocacy Workplace Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign www
Advocacy group for victims of bullies in the places of employment in the United States. Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign. Page includes list of current state bills, news, events, and resource links. Workplace Bullying Institute - Legislative Campaign.
- Understanding Bullying Throughout the Life Cycle www
Understanding the types of bullying at different stages of life. Throughout the Life Cycle. Short and long term consequences. Article by Dr. Carol Watkins. Bullying Throughout the Life Cycle.
- Understanding Diversity in the Workplace www
Understanding workplace diversity issues such as employment discrimination, the Workplace, affirmative action, and the Glass Ceiling. Diversity in the Workplace.
- Provides Hirediversity www
Provides Latino, Hirediversity, African-American, Asian and other minorities entrepreneur and career resources, as well companies and corporations hiring access to diverse employees. Hirediversity.
- This Citizens for Nonviolent Action Against Racism www
This organization was founded in 1988 in response to the Aryan Nation's yearly conference in Coeur d'Alene, for Nonviolent Action Against Racism, Idaho. Includes related links and contact information. Citizens for Nonviolent Action Against Racism.
- A ColorQ World www
A non Eurocentric world view for promoting self-examination and cross-cultural understanding among people of color. ColorQ World.
- Diary Diary of a Working Woman in the South www
Diary of a southern working woman in a male dominant occupation. a Working Woman in the South. Depicts frustrations, adversity, dreams, loss and confusions of juggling career, family, health and faith. Diary of a Working Woman in the South.
- Profiles The Happy 100: Women Who Love Their Work, and Why www
Profiles successful women role models. The Happy 100: Women Who Love Their Work, and Why.
- Companion Where We Work www
Companion site to the CBC Radio program exploring the world of work. Work. Includes essays, audio, and online forums on a variety of topics. Where We Work.
- Offers The Work Foundation www
Offers research, Work Foundation, consultancy and advocacy to make workplaces more effective, successful and fulfilling. The Work Foundation.
- Alexa: Workplace Discrimination Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Workplace Discrimination Work
- DMOZ: Workplace Discrimination Work
dmoz.org Directory: Workplace Discrimination Work