Sites on how to get one's work life and non-work life in proper proportion. Work-Life Balance Work Society.
- Wikipedia: Work?life balance is the term used to describe the balance that an individual needs between time allocated for work and other aspects of life. Areas of life other than work-life can be, but not limited to personal interests, family and social or leisure activities. The term ?Work-Life Balance' is recent in origin as it was first used in UK and US in the late 1970s and 1980s respectively. More recently the term has drawn on some confusion, this is in part due to recent technological changes and advances that have made work and work objectives possible to be completed on a 24 hour cycle. The use of smartphones, email, video-chat, and other technological innovations has made it possible to work without having a typical "9 to 5 work day".
- Absenteeism - Absenteeism is a habitual pattern of absence from a duty or obligation without good reason. Generally, absenteeism is unplanned absences. Absenteeism has been viewed as an indicator of poor individual performance, as well as a breach of an implicit contract between employee and employer.
- Dual-career commuter couples - Commuter couples are a subset of dual-career couples who live apart in separate residences while both partners pursue careers.
- Death from overwork (Japan) - , which can be translated literally as "overwork death" in Japanese, is occupational sudden mortality. The major medical causes of kar?shi deaths are heart attack and stroke due to stress and a starvation diet. This phenomenon is also widespread in South Korea, where it is referred as 'gwarosa'.
- Chief Happiness Officer - The Chief Happiness Officer in a company is the manager of worker's happiness. Probably originating in North America, CHO posts are being created in European and UK companies to ensure workers' welfare needs are met.
- Medical resident work hours - Medical resident work hours refers to the shifts worked by medical interns and residents during their medical residency.
- Mompreneur - Mompreneur is a neologism defined as a female business owner who is actively balancing the role of mom and the role of entrepreneur.
- Work?life balance