Whistleblowing Work Society.
A whistleblower (also whistle-blower or whistle blower ) is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A whistleblower is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public. The information of alleged wrongdoing can be classified in many ways: violation of company policy/rules, law, regulation, or threat to public interest/national security, as well as fraud, and corruption. Those who become whistleblowers can choose to bring information or allegations to surface either internally or externally. Internally, a whistleblower can bring his/her accusations to the attention of other people within the accused organization such as an immediate supervisor. Externally, a whistleblower can bring allegations to light by contacting a third party outside of an accused organization such as the media, government, law enforcement, or those who are concerned. Whistleblowers, however, take the risk of facing stiff reprisal and retaliation from those who are accused or alleged of wrongdoing.
- Grounds for termination of employment
- Words coined in the 1970s
- Freedom of speech
- Anti-corporate activism
- Workplace bullying
- United States federal labor legislation
- Freedom of expression
- Labour law
- Investigative Stephen James - Investigative Journalist www
Investigative Reporter Stephen James reports on government whistleblowers. Stephen James - Investigative Journalist.
- The Alaska Whistleblowers Resource Guide www
The Alaska Forum for Environmental Responsibility believes that whistleblowers are the first line of defense against threats to worker safety, Whistleblowers Resource Guide, public health and the environment in Alaska. Alaska Whistleblowers Resource Guide.
- EthicsPoint Online Business Fraud and Abuse Reporting Service www
EthicsPoint is an online portal that allows employees of registered companies to report incidents that are against company policy without fear of career damaging results. Online Business Fraud and Abuse Reporting Service.
- Solutions Whistleblowing Solutions, Inc. www
Solutions that respect an Employer's intelligence, Solutions, Inc., time, and budget. Creating "win-win" situations for Employers and their Employees, which protect resources and reputation. Whistleblowing Solutions, Inc..
- Qui Quitam Help www
Qui tam whistleblower information. Quitam Help.
- Whistleblowers Blowing-The-Whistle www
Whistleblowers and those considering blowing the whistle will find guidance from actual whistle-blowers on this site. Blowing-The-Whistle. A father and son, both whistleblowers; one from industry and the other from government. Blowing-The-Whistle.
- Complaints Bombardier Sucks www
Complaints about the Quebec manufacturer. Bombardier Sucks.
- Whistleblowers, Useful links for Whistleblowers www
Whistleblowers, links for Whistleblowers, free speech advocates, conspiracy theory researchers and others will find interesting. Provides links to three most interesting on-line books. Useful links for Whistleblowers.
- The Government Accountability Project www
The Government Accountability Project’s mission is to protect the public interest by promoting government and corporate accountability through advancing occupational free speech and ethical conduct, Accountability Project, defending whistleblowers, and empowering citizen activists. Government Accountability Project.
- An Public Concern at Work www
An independent authority which seeks to ensure that concerns about malpractice are properly raised and addressed in the workplace. Public Concern at Work.
- Company Safecall www
Company systems for whistleblowing in the workplace. Safecall. Confidential reporting of bullying, harassment, discrimination and unfair treatment. Safecall.
- Advocates National Whistleblower Center www
Advocates the right of employees to blow the whistle on major issues such as government waste, Whistleblower Center, fraud and corruption, and violations of environmental and nuclear safety laws. National Whistleblower Center.
- Accuses Justice Denied www
Accuses the US Department of Justice's Immigration and Naturalization Service of reverse racism, Denied, subsequently documented corruption in selling Green Cards and reprisal cover-up in the workplace. Documentation of a legal and moral battle by a former USDOJ INS employee and whistleblower. Justice Denied.
- Article Counterfeiting www
Article about the spread of counterfeit cash, Counterfeiting, and the art of J.S.G. Boggs. Counterfeiting.
- How A Bell Tolls www
How to avoid pre-paid phone card scams. Bell Tolls. Learn the tricks, questions to ask, and what to do to avoid being the victim of a prepaid calling card scam. A Bell Tolls.
- Network International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX) www
Network of free expression groups that monitors violations worldwide. Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX). Issues alerts, publishes a weekly newsletter and hosts a searchable alerts online archive. International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX).
- Links American Civil Liberties Union - Free Speech www
Links to issues such as censorship, Civil Liberties Union - Free Speech, campaign finance reform, commercial speech, and flag desecration. American Civil Liberties Union - Free Speech.
- Offers The Work Foundation www
Offers research, Work Foundation, consultancy and advocacy to make workplaces more effective, successful and fulfilling. The Work Foundation.
- Companion Where We Work www
Companion site to the CBC Radio program exploring the world of work. Work. Includes essays, audio, and online forums on a variety of topics. Where We Work.
- Alexa: Whistleblowing Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Whistleblowing Work
- DMOZ: Whistleblowing Work
dmoz.org Directory: Whistleblowing Work