Temporary Employment Work Society.
Temporary work or temporary employment refers to an employment situation where the working arrangement is limited to a certain period of time based on the needs of the employing organization. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Temporary work or temporary employment refers to an employment situation where the working arrangement is limited to a certain period of time based on the needs of the employing organization. Temporary employees are sometimes called "contractual", "seasonal", "interim", "casual staff", "outsourcing", "freelance"; or the word may be shortened to "temps". In some instances, temporary, highly skilled professionals refer to themselves as consultants.
- Contingent work - Contingent work or casual work is an employment relationship which is considered non-permanent. These jobs are typically part time, have limited job security, and result in payment on a piece work basis. Contingent work is usually not considered to be a career or part of a career.
- Contingent workforce - A contingent workforce is a provisional group of workers who work for an organization on a non-permanent basis, also known as freelancers, independent professionals, temporary contract workers, independent contractors or consultants.
- Day labor - Day labor is work done where the worker is hired and paid one day at a time, with no promise that more work will be available in the future. It is a form of contingent work.
- Employment agency - An employment agency is an organization which matches employers to employees. In all developed countries, there is a publicly funded employment agency and multiple private businesses which act as employment agencies.
- Labour hire - Labour hire is the term applied to provision of outsourced skilled and unskilled workers hired for short- or long-term positions. It is known by other names such as supplementary staffing, labour supply or temping.
- Labour market flexibility - The degree of labour market flexibility is the speed with which labour markets adapt to fluctuations and changes in society, the economy or production.
- Temporary employment
- Temporary employment agencies
- Employment classifications
- Specialize Siegel Capital, LLC www
Specialize in small business loans for acquisitions, Capital, LLC, expansion and refinancing. Siegel Capital, LLC.
- Helps Silicon Valley at Work www
Helps workers negotiate the difficulties of contingent employment in Silicon Valley. Valley at Work. Provides a forum for temporary workers to share and benefit from the experiences of others. Silicon Valley at Work.
- Humorous Temping Escapades www
Humorous tales of a temp. Temping Escapades.
- Homepage National Alliance for Fair Employment www
Homepage for a network of over 40 regional and national groups in the U. Alliance for Fair Employment.S. and Canada fighting for better pay, benefits and working conditions for all workers in temp, part-time, day labor, contract, on-call and independent contractor jobs. National Alliance for Fair Employment.
- A Campaign on Contingent Work www
A Boston, Contingent Work, MA based organizing and resource center for workers in unstable temp, part-time and other contingent jobs. Campaign on Contingent Work.
- Article Temping Offers a Way to Build Your Resume www
Article praising temping as a great way to gain experience, Offers a Way to Build Your Resume, learn new skills, and build one's resume. Temping Offers a Way to Build Your Resume.
- A Tempcity USA www
A discussion board for temps. Tempcity USA.
- Directory Tempcity www
Directory of staffing firms, Tempcity, temping resources and tips on getting temp jobs with temp agencies. Tempcity.
- The Center for a Changing Workforce www
The center analyzes public policy and is an advocate on behalf of 'permatemps' and contingent workers across America. Center for a Changing Workforce.
- Helps The Contract Employee's Handbook www
Helps contract employees manage their careers, Contract Employee's Handbook, find their next assignments, deal effectively with employment agencies, and make more money. The Contract Employee's Handbook.
- Provides Freelance Living www
Provides ideas, Living, tips and inspiration for free agents, independent professionals, and freelancers. Freelance Living.
- Charged United States Department of Labor www
Charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, States Department of Labor, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces. It is responsible for the administration and enforcement of over 180 federal statutes. United States Department of Labor.
- Offers The Work Foundation www
Offers research, Work Foundation, consultancy and advocacy to make workplaces more effective, successful and fulfilling. The Work Foundation.
- Alexa: Temporary Employment Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Temporary Employment Work
- DMOZ: Temporary Employment Work
dmoz.org Directory: Temporary Employment Work