Minority Groups Work Society.
- Wikipedia: A minority group refers to a category of people differentiated from the social majority, those who hold the majority of positions of social power in a society, and it may be defined by law. Rather than a relational "social group", as the term would indicate, "minority group" refers to the above-described. The differentiation can be based on one or more observable human characteristics, including: ethnicity, race, religion, disability, gender, wealth, health or sexual orientation. Usage of the term is applied to various situations and civilizations within history despite its popular misassociation with a numerical, statistical minority. In the social sciences, the term "minority" is sometimes used to describe social power relations between dominant and subordinate groups, rather than simply indicating demographic variation within a population.
- Dominant minority - A dominant minority is a minority group that has overwhelming political, economic, or cultural dominance in a country, despite representing a small fraction of the overall population. Dominant minorities are also known as alien elites if they are recent immigrants.
- Ethnic minorities in Northern Ireland
- Ethnic penalty - Ethnic penalty in sociology is defined as the economic and non-economic disadvantages that ethnic minorities experience in the labour market compared to other ethnic groups.
- Intangible cultural heritage - Intangible cultural heritage is considered by Member States of UNESCO in relation to the tangible World Heritage focusing on intangible aspects of culture.
- Interminority racism - Interminority racism is prejudice or discrimination between racial minorities. This article strictly addresses interminority racism as it exists in the United States.
- Middleman minority - A middleman minority is a minority population whose considerable occupations are somewhere in between the producers and consumers: traders, money-lenders, etc., hence the word "" in the term.
- Majority?minority relations
- Voting theory
- Linguistic rights
- Youth rights
- Asians Asians Coming Together www
Asians Caucus Group of Xerox. Coming Together. Information for Asians in Corporate America. Asians Coming Together.
- Encyclopedia Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Affirmative Action www
Encyclopedia entry by Robert Fullinwider. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Affirmative Action.
- Offers The National Center for Public Policy Research Affirmative Action Resource Center www
Offers links to resources including commentary, National Center for Public Policy Research Affirmative Action Resource Center, legislation, litigation, and articles. The National Center for Public Policy Research Affirmative Action Resource Center.
- New The ARC of Salem County www
New Jersey based organization supporting adults with developmental disabilities needing employment placement. ARC of Salem County. View the program details with FAQ and available jobs. The ARC of Salem County.
- Information, Worksupport.com www
Information, Worksupport.com, resources, and research regarding the employment of people with disabilities. Worksupport.com.
- An LII: Law about Employment Discrimination www
An overview of employment discrimination law with links to key primary and secondary sources. LII: Law about Employment Discrimination.
- Essay ENDA www
Essay on Employment Non-Discrimination Act's origin, ENDA, support, opposition and recent developments. ENDA.
- A National Lesbian and Gay Law Association www
A national association of lawyers, Lesbian and Gay Law Association, judges and other legal professionals, law students, and affiliated lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender legal organizations. Includes news, events, and membership and contact information. National Lesbian and Gay Law Association.
- For Touchstone Energy GLBT employee group www
For gay, Energy GLBT employee group, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender employees of Touchstone Energy cooperatives. Announcement page with contact details and email address only. New group to press for equality in Touchstone Energy. Touchstone Energy GLBT employee group.
- Founded UMOS www
Founded in Wisconsin in 1965, UMOS, now helping Hispanic seasonal workers and their families thorughout the central and southern US. Health and education, workforce development, corporate and cultural events. UMOS.
- A Women and the Economy www
A project of UNPAC Manitoba examining the contributions of women to the economy and exploring ideas for alternatives. and the Economy. Invites women to share their stories. Women and the Economy.
- Profiles The Happy 100: Women Who Love Their Work, and Why www
Profiles successful women role models. The Happy 100: Women Who Love Their Work, and Why.
- Provides The Work Ethic Site www
Provides a central resource for materials related to work ethic, Work Ethic Site, affective work competencies, and employability skills for work force development. It is designed to serve both educators and human resource professionals. At University of Georgia. The Work Ethic Site.
- Charged United States Department of Labor www
Charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, States Department of Labor, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces. It is responsible for the administration and enforcement of over 180 federal statutes. United States Department of Labor.
- Alexa: Minority Groups Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Minority Groups Work
- DMOZ: Minority Groups Work
dmoz.org Directory: Minority Groups Work