Minority Groups Work Society.
- Wikipedia: A minority group refers to a category of people differentiated from the social majority, those who hold on to major of positions of social power in a society. It may be defined by law. The differentiation can be based on one or more observable human characteristics, including: ethnicity, race, religion, disability, wealth or health orientation. Usage of the term is applied to various situations and civilizations within history despite its popular misassociation with a numerical, statistical minority. In the social sciences, the term "minority" is sometimes used to describe social power relations between dominant and subordinate groups, rather than simply indicating demographic variation within a population. Furthermore, from an intersectional sociological perspective, any given individual may simultaneously occupy both a majority identity and a minority identity, depending on the intersection of different social categories.
- Dominant minority - A dominant minority is a minority group that has overwhelming political, economic, or cultural dominance in a country, despite representing a small fraction of the overall population. Dominant minorities are also known as alien elites if they are recent immigrants.
- Ethnic minorities in Northern Ireland
- Ethnic penalty - Ethnic penalty in sociology is defined as the economic and non-economic disadvantages that ethnic minorities experience in the labour market compared to other ethnic groups.
- Intangible cultural heritage - An Intangible cultural heritage is a practice, representation, expression, knowledge, or skill, as well as the instruments, objects, artefacts, and cultural spaces that are considered by UNESCO to be part of a place's cultural heritage.
- Interminority racism - Interminority racism is prejudice or discrimination between racial minorities. This article strictly addresses interminority racism as it exists in the United States.
- Middleman minority - A middleman minority is a minority population whose main occupations link producers and consumers: traders, money-lenders, etc. A middleman minority, while possibly suffering discrimination, does not hold an "extreme subordinate" status in society.
- Majority?minority relations
- Voting theory
- Linguistic rights
- Youth rights
- Asians Asians Coming Together www
Asians Caucus Group of Xerox. Coming Together. Information for Asians in Corporate America. Asians Coming Together.
- An The New Meritocracy: Recent Affirmative Action Developments in Universities www
An explanation of the changes to the meritocracy in Australia achieved by affirmative action. The New Meritocracy: Recent Affirmative Action Developments in Universities.
- E-text Affirmative Action Reconsidered www
E-text of a 1975 monograph by Thomas Sowell that examines the claims and counterclaims surrounding affirmative action as it has been implemented in academia. Affirmative Action Reconsidered.
- A Association for Persons in Supported Employment (APSE) www
A membership organization formed to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, for Persons in Supported Employment (APSE), services, and outcomes for persons experiencing disabilities. Association for Persons in Supported Employment (APSE).
- Founded AgrAbility Project www
Founded to assist people with disabilities employed in agriculture. Project. Includes resources, newsletters and contacts. Part of the University of Wisconsin. AgrAbility Project.
- Human Human Rights Watch: Ukraine www
Human rights issues with emphasis on widespread gender discrimination. Human Rights Watch: Ukraine.
- An LII: Law about Employment Discrimination www
An overview of employment discrimination law with links to key primary and secondary sources. LII: Law about Employment Discrimination.
- A Ford Gay Lesbian or Bisexual Employees www
A network of GLBT and allies who are hourly and salaried employees, Gay Lesbian or Bisexual Employees, retirees and contractors at Ford Motor Company. Includes information on mission, membership, history, chapter events and related links. Covers US, Germany and United Kingdom. Ford Gay Lesbian or Bisexual Employees.
- Group Galaxe Pride At Work www
Group for gay and lesbian employees at Xerox. Pride At Work. Membership, the Safe Space Program, Xerox policies, calendar, resources, contacts, meetings, links, 2003 conference details, photo gallery. Galaxe Pride At Work.
- Founded UMOS www
Founded in Wisconsin in 1965, UMOS, now helping Hispanic seasonal workers and their families thorughout the central and southern US. Health and education, workforce development, corporate and cultural events. UMOS.
- Diary Diary of a Working Woman in the South www
Diary of a southern working woman in a male dominant occupation. a Working Woman in the South. Depicts frustrations, adversity, dreams, loss and confusions of juggling career, family, health and faith. Diary of a Working Woman in the South.
- A Women and the Economy www
A project of UNPAC Manitoba examining the contributions of women to the economy and exploring ideas for alternatives. and the Economy. Invites women to share their stories. Women and the Economy.
- Provides The Work Ethic Site www
Provides a central resource for materials related to work ethic, Work Ethic Site, affective work competencies, and employability skills for work force development. It is designed to serve both educators and human resource professionals. At University of Georgia. The Work Ethic Site.
- Access WorkRights www
Access to the latest information on the labour codes to your province, WorkRights, and to compare practices in your region with those of other provinces and territories in Canada. WorkRights.
- Alexa: Minority Groups Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Minority Groups Work
- DMOZ: Minority Groups Work
dmoz.org Directory: Minority Groups Work