Labor Movement Work Society.
The Labour movement or Labor movement (see spelling differences ), or, respectively, labourism or laborism, are general terms for the collective organization of working people developed to represent and campaign for better working conditions and treatment from their employers and, by the implementation of labour and employment laws, their governments. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The labour movement consists of two main wings, the trade union movement or labor union movement, also called trade unionism or labor unionism on the one hand, and the political labour movement on the other.
- Labour movement Category
- A The Coalition of Immokalee Workers www
A community-based worker organization. Coalition of Immokalee Workers. Its members are largely Hispanic, Haitian, and Mayan Indian immigrants working in low-wage jobs throughout the Southwest Florida region. The Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Employees Duke Energy Employee Advocate www
Employees fighting cash balance retirement pension plan injustice through EEOC age discrimination charges, Energy Employee Advocate, and lobbying Congress. Duke Energy Employee Advocate.
- An Retail-Workers Forum www
An online community for retail workers. Forum. Providing news, information, and support for retail workers who are attempting to better their workplace. Retail-Workers Forum.
- Building National Jobs for All Coalition www
Building a new movement for full employment at livable wages. National Jobs for All Coalition.
- An Labor Council for Latin American Advancement www
An organization designed to bring together all the Latin American men and women union members in the United States. Labor Council for Latin American Advancement.
- Company UnionWare www
Company offering software support to the labor movement. UnionWare.
- Building Committee for a Workers' International www
Building an international workers' movement for socialism in over 35 countries. Committee for a Workers' International.
- Activists Maquila Solidarity Network www
Activists organizing "Maquiladora" factories to improve conditions, Solidarity Network, win a living wage, and campaign against multi-national corporate abuse. Maquila Solidarity Network.
- CALM Canadian Association of Labour Media www
CALM provides labour news and graphics service for Canadian union editors. Canadian Association of Labour Media.
- Human National Labor Committee www
Human rights advocacy group focusing on the promotion and defense of workers' rights and on ending labor abuses. National Labor Committee.
- APALA, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance www
APALA, Pacific American Labor Alliance, AFL-CIO Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance.
- Transcript War of the Classes: The Scab www
Transcript of a speech American socialist and author Jack London gave on the topic of strikebreaking to the Oakland Socialist Party in 1903. War of the Classes: The Scab.
- An Competitive Edge Training Services www
An organization of professional trainers, Edge Training Services, mentors and successful labor leaders who have many years of experience to offer labor leaders aspiring to careers in union administration. Competitive Edge Training Services.
- Presents The Two Per Cent Solution: A Workable Approach to Employee Ownership and Control www
Presents a gradualist approach toward majority ownership by employees of the stock of the companies they work for. The Two Per Cent Solution: A Workable Approach to Employee Ownership and Control.
- Information Farmworker Justice www
Information on public policy and legal issues regarding migrant and seasonal farm workers, Justice, including labor law, immigration, occupational safety and health, women's issues and access to justice. Farmworker Justice.
- Dedicated NurseActive www
Dedicated to trade unionism, NurseActive, social justice and political action in the nursing sector. NurseActive.
- AFL-CIO-affiliated A. Philip Randolph Institute www
AFL-CIO-affiliated organization of black trade unionists, Philip Randolph Institute, working to build black community support for the movement. Biographies and history, products and services, conference information, and news provided. A. Philip Randolph Institute.
- Includes BROWNson's nursing notes www
Includes directories to unions and advocacy groups related to nursing. BROWNson's nursing notes.
- Web Union-Yes.cc Web Hosting www
Web site hosting services for unions, Web Hosting, nonprofit organizations and businesses. Free 'say union yes' email address available for union members. Union-Yes.cc Web Hosting.
- Email DavesDirtyRatBastardsHuntingClub www
Email group advocating workers' rights. DavesDirtyRatBastardsHuntingClub.
- An Workers Power and the Spanish Revolution www
An analysis of the role of the CNT-FAI in the Spanish Revolution from an anarcho-syndicalist perspective. Workers Power and the Spanish Revolution.
- Detailed Lair of Hunterbear www
Detailed discussion of 45 years of activist organizing -- historical and contemporary -- by Hunter Gray (Hunterbear). Hunterbear. Areas covered include labor and socialism, civil rights, Native American rights. Lair of Hunterbear.
- Includes American Sociological Association Section on Labor and Labor Movements www
Includes information about the section, Sociological Association Section on Labor and Labor Movements, its mandate, annual meeting, and the general activities and members. Also links to key labor unions, organizations, associations, federations, and online resources. American Sociological Association Section on Labor and Labor Movements.
- Down Labor Poetry and Issues in Prose www
Down But Not Out is a collection of poems that deals with unemployment in human terms. Labor Poetry and Issues in Prose.
- Reports Sisters of Mercy Have No Mercy www
Reports that the Sisters of Mercy of Americas have violated Fair Labor Standards Act, Mercy Have No Mercy, forced employees to sign the Overtime Payment Waiver Form and fired employees who stood up for their rights. Sisters of Mercy Have No Mercy.
- Student, Living Income for Vanderbilt Employees www
Student, Income for Vanderbilt Employees, faculty, staff, and community group advocating for a fair wage at Vanderbilt as well as health care, benefits, child care, paid time off and retirement benefits. Living Income for Vanderbilt Employees.
- A George Meany Center for Labor Studies www
A national center providing continuous labor education for all union activists. George Meany Center for Labor Studies.
- Offers Athabasca University Labour Studies Program www
Offers 30-credit University Certificate, University Labour Studies Program, 90-credit BA degree and 120-credit BA degree in Labour Studies. All courses are taken via distance education. Athabasca University Labour Studies Program.
- Presents History Of Work Information System www
Presents the world of work of the past as known by occupational activities. History Of Work Information System.
- Provides International Association of Labour History Institutions www
Provides news, Association of Labour History Institutions, serials tables of contents, and other services from all major collecting institutions in the field. International Association of Labour History Institutions.
- Examines Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector www
Examines the plight of unorganized workers in Asia who lack pensions or old age security. Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector.
- Advocacy Exotic Dancers Alliance www
Advocacy group for female exotic dancers attempting to obtain adequate working conditions and civil rights within the sex industry. Exotic Dancers Alliance.
- Offers The Work Foundation www
Offers research, Work Foundation, consultancy and advocacy to make workplaces more effective, successful and fulfilling. The Work Foundation.
- Charged United States Department of Labor www
Charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, States Department of Labor, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces. It is responsible for the administration and enforcement of over 180 federal statutes. United States Department of Labor.
- Alexa: Labor Movement Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor Movement Work
- DMOZ: Labor Movement Work
dmoz.org Directory: Labor Movement Work