Section includes organizations and institutions which advise on, lobby in the area of, or do research on labor relations. This section includes updates to relevant law: judicial and administrative. Labor-Management Relations Work Society.
Industrial relations is a multidisciplinary field that studies the employment relationship. Industrial relations is increasingly being called employment relations or employee relations because of the importance of non-industrial employment relationships; this move is sometimes seen as further broadening of the human resource management trend. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Industrial relations is a multidisciplinary field that studies the employment relationship. Industrial relations is increasingly being called employment relations or employee relations because of the importance of non-industrial employment relationships; this move is sometimes seen as further broadening of the human resource management trend. Indeed, some authors now define human resource management as synonymous with employee relations. Other authors see employee relations as dealing only with non-unionized workers, whereas labor relations is seen as dealing with unionized workers. Industrial relations studies examine various employment situations, not just ones with a unionized workforce. However, according to Bruce E. Kaufman "To a large degree, most scholars regard trade unionism, collective bargaining and labor-management relations, and the national labor policy and labor law within which they are embedded, as the core subjects of the field."
- Industrial relations Category
- Business law
- Supreme Court Review: 2000-2001 Employment Law Cases www
During its 2000-2001 session, Court Review: 2000-2001 Employment Law Cases, the United States Supreme Court decided eleven significant cases involving labor and employment law; individual arbitration agreements, collective bargaining arbitration, caps on damages, ADA, sexual harassment, Title vii, NLRA, taxation, ERISA preemption, and RICO
- Anti-union National Institute for Labor Relations Research www
Anti-union organization which does research and provides analysis to "expose the inequities of compulsory unionism. Institute for Labor Relations Research." National Institute for Labor Relations Research.
- Working Working Stiff Action Guide www
Working Stiff is a webzine that aims to help average working people put in fewer hours for more pay and win arguments with the boss once in the while. Working Stiff Action Guide.
- Wayne The Walter P. Reuther Library www
Wayne State University: education, Walter P. Reuther Library, exhibits, labor archives, lectures, and newsletter. The Walter P. Reuther Library.
- Agricultural Agricultural Labor Management www
Agricultural Labor Management offers a number of resources to farm employers, Labor Management, academia, consultants, and the press on farm labor. Agricultural Labor Management.
- Promotes Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations www
Promotes greater knowledge and expertise in industrial and labor relations through academic programs, University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, research, extension courses, conferences, and publications. Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations.
- Oil, OCAW Info www
Oil, Info, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union Organizing and Mobilizing Information OCAW Info.
- A Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations Home Page www
A practitioner masters program in human resources and labor relations at UW-Milwaukee. Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations Home Page.
- General Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions www
General information and access to issues and legislation before the committee. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions.
- Software Software for Labor Negotiators www
Software that costs union and management proposals before, for Labor Negotiators, during and after collective bargaining. Software for Labor Negotiators.
- Joseph PMA : 30 Years of Collective Bargaining www
Joseph Paul St. 30 Years of Collective Bargaining. Sure: Management Labor Negotiator, 1902-1966. A Thesis by Jennifer Marie Winter. PMA : 30 Years of Collective Bargaining.
- Labor Labor Union Avoidance Videos www
Labor union training videos, Union Avoidance Videos, cd-roms, workshops, and books. Free previews and catalog available Labor Union Avoidance Videos.
- Comprehensive Institute of Labor and Employment Relations www
Comprehensive source of information about the Institute at the University of Illinois, Labor and Employment Relations, Urbana. Institute of Labor and Employment Relations.
- Labour Retrenchments, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa www
Labour Protect is a network of South African labour experts who assist employees facing unfair labour practices, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa, dismissals, retrenchment or discrimination in the work place. Retrenchments, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa.
- The Trades Union Congress (TUC) www
The national trade union centre in the UK, Union Congress (TUC), representing the vast majority of organized workers. Trades Union Congress (TUC).
- US UNITED STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO. www
US Supreme Court held that back wages are subject to FICA and FUTA tax rates that were in effect for the year in which the wages are in fact paid, STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO., not for the year in which they should have been paid. UNITED STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO..
- An Merrimack Films www
An award winning producer of videos on labor and management relations. Merrimack Films.
- Analysis Executive PayWatch www
Analysis and information about disparity between executive salaries and other workers, PayWatch, from AFL-CIO Executive PayWatch.
- A National Academy of Arbitrators www
A non-profit professional and honorary organization of arbitrators. National Academy of Arbitrators.
- One Job-Law, A Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys www
One of the largest law firms in the United States exclusively devoted to employee rights. Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys. Located in Orange County, CA, provides aggressive full-service representation. Job-Law, A Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys.
- South HR Focus - On-line HR and IR Solutions www
South African site offers employees an extensive resource of information. HR Focus - On-line HR and IR Solutions.
- US Circuit City Stores v. Adams www
US Supreme Court approves the use of mandatory arbitration in employment agreements. Circuit City Stores v. Adams.
- Articles BNA Employment & Labor Law www
Articles on recent legal developments, Employment & Labor Law, with additional resources available by subscription. BNA Employment & Labor Law.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- U.S. Chesley-James Group www
U. Group.S. human resources firm specializing in civil rights, labor relations, and education. Chesley-James Group.
- Labor Cruz and Associates www
Labor relations consultants specializing in multi-cultural and bilingual consulting, and Associates, union avoidance, counter union communications strategy, management and employee training and coaching. Cruz and Associates.
- World's International Brotherhood of Magicians www
World's largest organization for magicians boasting nearly 15, Brotherhood of Magicians,000 members in 33 countries. Detailed information about the organization including local groups. International Brotherhood of Magicians.
- Over XPDNC Labor Links www
Over 5, Labor Links,000 links to union related web sites and growing. XPDNC Labor Links.
- Works The AFL-CIO Working for America Institute www
Works to create good jobs and strong communities through partnerships promoting high road economic strategies for individuals and employers. AFL-CIO Working for America Institute. Articles, conferences and other resources. The AFL-CIO Working for America Institute.
- Charged United States Department of Labor www
Charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, States Department of Labor, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces. It is responsible for the administration and enforcement of over 180 federal statutes. United States Department of Labor.
- Alexa: Labor-Management Relations Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor-Management Relations Work
- DMOZ: Labor-Management Relations Work
dmoz.org Directory: Labor-Management Relations Work