Section includes organizations and institutions which advise on, lobby in the area of, or do research on labor relations. This section includes updates to relevant law: judicial and administrative. Labor-Management Relations Work Society.
Industrial relations is a multidisciplinary field that studies the employment relationship. Industrial relations is increasingly being called employment relations or employee relations because of the importance of non-industrial employment relationships; this move is sometimes seen as further broadening of the human resource management trend. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Industrial relations is a multidisciplinary field that studies the employment relationship. Industrial relations is increasingly being called employment relations or employee relations because of the importance of non-industrial employment relationships; this move is sometimes seen as further broadening of the human resource management trend. Indeed, some authors now define human resource management as synonymous with employee relations. Other authors see employee relations as dealing only with non-unionized workers, whereas labor relations is seen as dealing with unionized workers. Industrial relations studies examine various employment situations, not just ones with a unionized workforce. However, according to Bruce E. Kaufman "To a large degree, most scholars regard trade unionism, collective bargaining and labor-management relations, and the national labor policy and labor law within which they are embedded, as the core subjects of the field."
- Industrial relations Category
- Business law
- Supreme Court Review: 2000-2001 Employment Law Cases www
During its 2000-2001 session, Court Review: 2000-2001 Employment Law Cases, the United States Supreme Court decided eleven significant cases involving labor and employment law; individual arbitration agreements, collective bargaining arbitration, caps on damages, ADA, sexual harassment, Title vii, NLRA, taxation, ERISA preemption, and RICO
- General Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions www
General information and access to issues and legislation before the committee. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions.
- A Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations Home Page www
A practitioner masters program in human resources and labor relations at UW-Milwaukee. Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations Home Page.
- Promotes Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations www
Promotes greater knowledge and expertise in industrial and labor relations through academic programs, University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, research, extension courses, conferences, and publications. Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations.
- The Trades Union Congress (TUC) www
The national trade union centre in the UK, Union Congress (TUC), representing the vast majority of organized workers. Trades Union Congress (TUC).
- An Merrimack Films www
An award winning producer of videos on labor and management relations. Merrimack Films.
- Working Working Stiff Action Guide www
Working Stiff is a webzine that aims to help average working people put in fewer hours for more pay and win arguments with the boss once in the while. Working Stiff Action Guide.
- Wayne The Walter P. Reuther Library www
Wayne State University: education, Walter P. Reuther Library, exhibits, labor archives, lectures, and newsletter. The Walter P. Reuther Library.
- Comprehensive Institute of Labor and Employment Relations www
Comprehensive source of information about the Institute at the University of Illinois, Labor and Employment Relations, Urbana. Institute of Labor and Employment Relations.
- Agricultural Agricultural Labor Management www
Agricultural Labor Management offers a number of resources to farm employers, Labor Management, academia, consultants, and the press on farm labor. Agricultural Labor Management.
- Joseph PMA : 30 Years of Collective Bargaining www
Joseph Paul St. 30 Years of Collective Bargaining. Sure: Management Labor Negotiator, 1902-1966. A Thesis by Jennifer Marie Winter. PMA : 30 Years of Collective Bargaining.
- Analysis Executive PayWatch www
Analysis and information about disparity between executive salaries and other workers, PayWatch, from AFL-CIO Executive PayWatch.
- Oil, OCAW Info www
Oil, Info, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union Organizing and Mobilizing Information OCAW Info.
- Anti-union National Institute for Labor Relations Research www
Anti-union organization which does research and provides analysis to "expose the inequities of compulsory unionism. Institute for Labor Relations Research." National Institute for Labor Relations Research.
- US UNITED STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO. www
US Supreme Court held that back wages are subject to FICA and FUTA tax rates that were in effect for the year in which the wages are in fact paid, STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO., not for the year in which they should have been paid. UNITED STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO..
- A National Academy of Arbitrators www
A non-profit professional and honorary organization of arbitrators. National Academy of Arbitrators.
- Software Software for Labor Negotiators www
Software that costs union and management proposals before, for Labor Negotiators, during and after collective bargaining. Software for Labor Negotiators.
- One Job-Law, A Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys www
One of the largest law firms in the United States exclusively devoted to employee rights. Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys. Located in Orange County, CA, provides aggressive full-service representation. Job-Law, A Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys.
- Labour Retrenchments, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa www
Labour Protect is a network of South African labour experts who assist employees facing unfair labour practices, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa, dismissals, retrenchment or discrimination in the work place. Retrenchments, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa.
- Labor Labor Union Avoidance Videos www
Labor union training videos, Union Avoidance Videos, cd-roms, workshops, and books. Free previews and catalog available Labor Union Avoidance Videos.
- US Circuit City Stores v. Adams www
US Supreme Court approves the use of mandatory arbitration in employment agreements. Circuit City Stores v. Adams.
- South HR Focus - On-line HR and IR Solutions www
South African site offers employees an extensive resource of information. HR Focus - On-line HR and IR Solutions.
- An U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide www
An overview of United States labor statutes and regulations as they apply to businesses. U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- Employee Employee Surveys - Watson Wyatt Organization Measurement www
Employee Surveys - Watson Wyatt s global Organization Measurement practice helps clients link people measures to improved business results. Employee Surveys - Watson Wyatt Organization Measurement.
- Not-for-profit Winning Workplaces www
Not-for-profit helping small and midsize employers create great workplaces. Workplaces. Core topics are open communications, employee involvement, rewards and recognition, work/life balance, trust and respect, and learning and development. Winning Workplaces.
- A MGGBGS Labor Union Page www
A listing of labor unions maintained by the law firm Mooney, Labor Union Page, Green, Gleason, Baker, Gibson and Saindon. MGGBGS Labor Union Page.
- Union Union Resource Network www
Union internet services including Web hosting, Resource Network, promotion, and design, Internet access, and a union database provided by CWA members (CWA-TNG, Local 14761). Union Resource Network.
- Archive Working Stiff www
Archive materials from ezine to help working people put in fewer hours for more pay and occasionally win arguments with the boss. Stiff. Features diaries, stories, columns, forums, and other resources. Working Stiff.
- Companion Where We Work www
Companion site to the CBC Radio program exploring the world of work. Work. Includes essays, audio, and online forums on a variety of topics. Where We Work.
- Alexa: Labor-Management Relations Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor-Management Relations Work
- DMOZ: Labor-Management Relations Work
dmoz.org Directory: Labor-Management Relations Work