Section includes organizations and institutions which advise on, lobby in the area of, or do research on labor relations. This section includes updates to relevant law: judicial and administrative. Labor-Management Relations Work Society.
Industrial relations is a multidisciplinary field that studies the employment relationship. Industrial relations is increasingly being called employment relations or employee relations because of the importance of non-industrial employment relationships; this move is sometimes seen as further broadening of the human resource management trend. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Industrial relations is a multidisciplinary field that studies the employment relationship. Industrial relations is increasingly being called employment relations or employee relations because of the importance of non-industrial employment relationships; this move is sometimes seen as further broadening of the human resource management trend. Indeed, some authors now define human resource management as synonymous with employee relations. Other authors see employee relations as dealing only with non-unionized workers, whereas labor relations is seen as dealing with unionized workers. Industrial relations studies examine various employment situations, not just ones with a unionized workforce. However, according to Bruce E. Kaufman "To a large degree, most scholars regard trade unionism, collective bargaining and labor-management relations, and the national labor policy and labor law within which they are embedded, as the core subjects of the field."
- Industrial relations Category
- Business law
- Supreme Court Review: 2000-2001 Employment Law Cases www
During its 2000-2001 session, Court Review: 2000-2001 Employment Law Cases, the United States Supreme Court decided eleven significant cases involving labor and employment law; individual arbitration agreements, collective bargaining arbitration, caps on damages, ADA, sexual harassment, Title vii, NLRA, taxation, ERISA preemption, and RICO
- A National Academy of Arbitrators www
A non-profit professional and honorary organization of arbitrators. National Academy of Arbitrators.
- Comprehensive Institute of Labor and Employment Relations www
Comprehensive source of information about the Institute at the University of Illinois, Labor and Employment Relations, Urbana. Institute of Labor and Employment Relations.
- An Merrimack Films www
An award winning producer of videos on labor and management relations. Merrimack Films.
- Anti-union National Institute for Labor Relations Research www
Anti-union organization which does research and provides analysis to "expose the inequities of compulsory unionism. Institute for Labor Relations Research." National Institute for Labor Relations Research.
- One Job-Law, A Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys www
One of the largest law firms in the United States exclusively devoted to employee rights. Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys. Located in Orange County, CA, provides aggressive full-service representation. Job-Law, A Service of Don D. Sessions, A PLC, Employee Rights Attorneys.
- The Trades Union Congress (TUC) www
The national trade union centre in the UK, Union Congress (TUC), representing the vast majority of organized workers. Trades Union Congress (TUC).
- US UNITED STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO. www
US Supreme Court held that back wages are subject to FICA and FUTA tax rates that were in effect for the year in which the wages are in fact paid, STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO., not for the year in which they should have been paid. UNITED STATES v. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL CO..
- Software Software for Labor Negotiators www
Software that costs union and management proposals before, for Labor Negotiators, during and after collective bargaining. Software for Labor Negotiators.
- A Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations Home Page www
A practitioner masters program in human resources and labor relations at UW-Milwaukee. Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations Home Page.
- Labor Labor Union Avoidance Videos www
Labor union training videos, Union Avoidance Videos, cd-roms, workshops, and books. Free previews and catalog available Labor Union Avoidance Videos.
- Agricultural Agricultural Labor Management www
Agricultural Labor Management offers a number of resources to farm employers, Labor Management, academia, consultants, and the press on farm labor. Agricultural Labor Management.
- Wayne The Walter P. Reuther Library www
Wayne State University: education, Walter P. Reuther Library, exhibits, labor archives, lectures, and newsletter. The Walter P. Reuther Library.
- Analysis Executive PayWatch www
Analysis and information about disparity between executive salaries and other workers, PayWatch, from AFL-CIO Executive PayWatch.
- Working Working Stiff Action Guide www
Working Stiff is a webzine that aims to help average working people put in fewer hours for more pay and win arguments with the boss once in the while. Working Stiff Action Guide.
- Oil, OCAW Info www
Oil, Info, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union Organizing and Mobilizing Information OCAW Info.
- General Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions www
General information and access to issues and legislation before the committee. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions.
- Labour Retrenchments, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa www
Labour Protect is a network of South African labour experts who assist employees facing unfair labour practices, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa, dismissals, retrenchment or discrimination in the work place. Retrenchments, Unfair Labour Practices, Dismissals in South Africa.
- Promotes Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations www
Promotes greater knowledge and expertise in industrial and labor relations through academic programs, University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, research, extension courses, conferences, and publications. Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations.
- Joseph PMA : 30 Years of Collective Bargaining www
Joseph Paul St. 30 Years of Collective Bargaining. Sure: Management Labor Negotiator, 1902-1966. A Thesis by Jennifer Marie Winter. PMA : 30 Years of Collective Bargaining.
- Comair CNN.com - Travel - Pilots' strike grounds Comair flights www
Comair passengers awaited word on the fate of future Comair flights after 1, Travel - Pilots' strike grounds Comair flights,400 pilots walked off the job early Monday. CNN.com - Travel - Pilots' strike grounds Comair flights.
- US Circuit City Stores v. Adams www
US Supreme Court approves the use of mandatory arbitration in employment agreements. Circuit City Stores v. Adams.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- Articles BNA Employment & Labor Law www
Articles on recent legal developments, Employment & Labor Law, with additional resources available by subscription. BNA Employment & Labor Law.
- Consultant Corporate Culture Coach www
Consultant and motivational speaker works with employers to transform corporate cultures. Corporate Culture Coach.
- Expertise HRA -- We Know People www
Expertise in labour relations, We Know People, recruitment, retention, organizational structures, strategic planning and training. HRA -- We Know People.
- A MGGBGS Labor Union Page www
A listing of labor unions maintained by the law firm Mooney, Labor Union Page, Green, Gleason, Baker, Gibson and Saindon. MGGBGS Labor Union Page.
- World's International Brotherhood of Magicians www
World's largest organization for magicians boasting nearly 15, Brotherhood of Magicians,000 members in 33 countries. Detailed information about the organization including local groups. International Brotherhood of Magicians.
- Offers The Work Foundation www
Offers research, Work Foundation, consultancy and advocacy to make workplaces more effective, successful and fulfilling. The Work Foundation.
- Access WorkRights www
Access to the latest information on the labour codes to your province, WorkRights, and to compare practices in your region with those of other provinces and territories in Canada. WorkRights.
- Alexa: Labor-Management Relations Work
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor-Management Relations Work
- DMOZ: Labor-Management Relations Work
dmoz.org Directory: Labor-Management Relations Work