transgendered support groups are organizations that have physical meetings or web-based forums-email groups which offer support to individuals in the Transgendered community. Support Groups Transgendered Society.
- Wikipedia: In a support group, members provide each other with various types of help, usually nonprofessional and nonmaterial, for a particular shared, usually burdensome, characteristic. Members with the same issues can come together for sharing coping strategies, to feel more empowered and for a sense of community. The help may take the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, relating personal experiences, listening to and accepting others' experiences, providing sympathetic understanding and establishing social networks. A support group may also work to inform the public or engage in advocacy.
- Group psychotherapy - Group psychotherapy or group therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which one or more therapists treat a small group of clients together as a group.
- Self-help groups for mental health - Self-help groups for mental health are voluntary associations of people who share a common desire to overcome mental illness or otherwise increase their level of cognitive or emotional wellbeing.
- Self care
- Support groups
- Types of organization
- Aftermath of war
- Personal development
- Renaissance Transgender Association www
Based in Wayne, Transgender Association, Pennsylvania. Includes monthly magazine, resource papers and publications, and information on membership, chapters and affiliates, forming a support group and their speakers bureau.
- Based Tiffany Club of New England, The www
Based in Waltham, Club of New England, The, Massachusetts. Membership, meeting and contact information, an event calendar and an advice column. Tiffany Club of New England, The.
- Tucson, Southern Arizona Gender Alliance (SAGA) www
Tucson, Arizona Gender Alliance (SAGA), Arizona. Many mailing lists and several offline groups including youth. Also educational forums and training for businesses, providers, and the public on being allies. Southern Arizona Gender Alliance (SAGA).
- Web Transgendered Network International www
Web based. Network International. Includes membership information, library, resources listed by state, and scheduled and unscheduled chat. Transgendered Network International.
- Central The Crystal Club www
Central Ohio CD/TS/m-f/f-m/SO support group, Crystal Club,weekly meetings. Educational Web-site with links to other groups, surgery links and information for and about transgender. The Crystal Club.
- Based St. Louis Gender Foundation www
Based in St. Louis Gender Foundation. Louis, Missouri. Includes membership, meeting, contact information an event calendar, newsletter and articles. St. Louis Gender Foundation.
- Based Twenty Club, Inc., The www
Based in Hartford, Club, Inc., The, Connecticut. Associated with the Gender Identity Clinic of New England. Meeting, contact, and newsletter information. Twenty Club, Inc., The.
- A Washington Gender Alliance www
A support and educational organization for the entire gender community of WA state, Gender Alliance, including those questioning their gender, and our friends and families. Weekly Open Support meetings are held in Bellingham and Everett, WA. Speakers are available upon request. Washington Gender Alliance.
- United Beaumont Society www
United Kingdom based. Society. Includes meeting, membership and contact information; advice column, message boards, free email, magazine, chat room and guestbook. Significant other helpline, world transgendered news, and resources. Beaumont Society.
- Based Transgender Health Action Coalition www
Based in Philadelphia, Health Action Coalition, Pennsylvania. Advocacy, meeting and contact information, support, referrals, education and outreach, and peer counseling hot line. Transgender Health Action Coalition.
- Based Innvestments www
Based in the Cape Cod/Southeast Massachusetts area. Innvestments. Includes meeting, membership and contact information, a members page, newsletter and calendar of events. Innvestments.
- Based Agender www
Based in New Zealand. Agender. Includes membership, meeting and contact information, news, articles and a library. Agender.
- Based Northern Concord, The www
Based in Manchester, Concord, The, UK. Includes membership and meeting information, a calendar of events, helpline information, a magazine, profiles of some members and articles. Northern Concord, The.
- Cleveland, TransFamily Cleveland www
Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio. Meeting and contact information, email support groups, referrals, literature, and over-the-phone information on transgender issues. TransFamily Cleveland.
- Based Indy Boyz - for FTMs/SOFFAs in Indianapolis www
Indy Boyz - for FTMs/SOFFAs in Indianapolis.
- Based Transgender New Mexico www
Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, New Mexico. Includes meeting schedule, contact information, photos, resources and links. Transgender New Mexico.
- Based Gender Mosaic Transgender Support Group www
Based in Ottawa, Mosaic Transgender Support Group, Ontario, serving Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec. Includes membership, meeting and event information, member photos, a library, newsletter and Ottawa area resources. Gender Mosaic Transgender Support Group.
- Based Xpressions www
Based in Toronto, Xpressions, Ontario, Canada. Contact, meeting and membership information. Publications, events calendar, support column, Toronto dining and shopping guide. Xpressions.
- Based Chicago Gender Society www
Based in Chicago, Gender Society, Illinois. Includes, meeting, membership and contact information, and an events calendar. Chicago Gender Society.
- Australia AIS Support Group Australia www
Australia based. Support Group Australia. Includes meeting, contact and legal information, a newsletter, and information on genetics, hormone therapy, fertility and presentation. AIS Support Group Australia.
- Web-based. TG Support www
Web-based. Support. Includes Message boards, polls and photos. TG Support.
- Seattle, Emerald City www
Seattle, City, Washington. Local monthly meeting. Includes membership, contact and event information, articles and a guestbook. Emerald City.
- Based Connecticut Outreach Society www
Based in West Hartford, Outreach Society, Connecticut. Includes meeting, membership, and contact information, a FAQ page, calendar of events, reading room, and information on their speakers bureau. Connecticut Outreach Society.
- Based Ingersoll Gender Center www
Based in Seattle, Gender Center, Washington. Meeting schedules, contact information, calendar of events, ftm, mtf, soffa, information, articles, book catalog, and guestbook. Ingersoll Gender Center.
- Based Esprit Gala www
Based in Port Angeles, Gala, WA. Esprit is a 1 week TG conference held in Port Angeles, WA. Educational classes for CDs, TS's, couples and S.O.s is a primary focus as well as having fun and meeting others. Esprit Gala.
- Gloucestershire, Gloscats Transgendered Social Support Group in Gloucestershire. UK www
Gloucestershire, Transgendered Social Support Group in Gloucestershire. UK, UK. Forum, mailing list, and weekly meetups. Gloscats Transgendered Social Support Group in Gloucestershire. UK.
- United Tri Ess Crossdressers www
United States crossdresser organization. Ess Crossdressers. Regional chapter directory, membership information, event calendar and publications. Tri Ess Crossdressers.
- Web NuttycaTS www
Web Based. NuttycaTS. Includes forums for the partners, friends and family of transsexual and transgendered people and forums for the transgendered. NuttycaTS.
- Serves TransOhio www
Serves the Ohio transgender and ally communities by providing services, TransOhio, education, support and advocacy which promotes and improves the health, safety and life experience of the Ohio transgender individual and community. TransOhio.
- Includes Transsexual UK Support Group. www
Includes membership information, Support Group., chat room, discussion forum, electronic booklets, event calendar, medical information, and news. Transsexual UK Support Group..
- HYPOHH.net Helping You to be POsitive about Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism www
HYPOHH. You to be POsitive about Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism.net is the patient support organisation for sufferers of Kallmann's syndrome and other forms of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is characterised by a failure to go through puberty naturally and can affect people of any gender. Helping You to be POsitive about Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism.
- For AIS Support Group www
For people with AIS and related conditions and their families. Support Group. Based in Australia, but all are welcome. Related news, facts, and information. AIS Support Group.
- Chatroom, Father Leo Online www
Chatroom, Leo Online, message boards, and articles. Father Leo Online.
- Dedicated If You Had Controlling Parents www
Dedicated to education about and prevention of unhealthy parental control. If You Had Controlling Parents.
- Alexa: Support Groups Transgendered
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Support Groups Transgendered
- DMOZ: Support Groups Transgendered
dmoz.org Directory: Support Groups Transgendered