Local information and resources. Regional Transgendered Society.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions