Mainstream and alternative medical information for transgendered folks, including transfriendly doctors and psychiatric info. Health and Wellness Transgendered Society.
The definition of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Wellness is generally used to mean a state beyond absence of illness but rather aims to optimize well-being.
- Complementary and alternative medicine - Alternative medicine or fringe medicine consists of practices claimed to have the healing effects of medicine but which are disproven, unproven, impossible to prove, or are excessively harmful in relation to their effect; and where the scientific consensus is that the therapy does not, or cannot...
- Healthism - Healthism, sometimes called public healthism, is a neologism to describe those practices, behaviors and techniques aimed at preserving health and optimizing wellbeing.
- Organic food culture - Organic food culture refers to a recent social and cultural trend in which there has been an increased interest in organic food due to the rise of media coverage on health, food safety, and environmental dangers of pesticides.
- Salutogenesis - Salutogenesis is a term coined by Aaron Antonovsky, a professor of medical sociology. The term describes an approach focusing on factors that support human health and well-being, rather than on factors that cause disease.
- Wellness tourism - Wellness tourism is travel for the purpose of promoting health and well-being through physical, psychological, or spiritual activities.
- Workplace wellness - Workplace wellness is any workplace health promotion activity or organizational policy designed to support healthy behavior in the workplace and to improve health outcomes.
- Concepts in alternative medicine
- Quality of life
- Surgeon Gary Alter MD www
Surgeon performing GRS on both MTFs and FTMs. Alter MD. Offices in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and New York City. Gary Alter MD.
- GRS Toby R. Meltzer, MD, PC www
GRS practice in Scottsdale, Meltzer, MD, PC, AZ. Toby R. Meltzer, MD, PC.
- The 519 Programmes www
The 519 is a community center in Toronto with excellent programs for the trans community they serve. Programmes. Their materials include a safe-sex brochure directed at MTF sex workers, and a 101 for health care professionals. 519 Programmes.
- Transgender TS Surgery Guide www
Transgender surgery resource that includes reviews, Surgery Guide, pricing, surgeon directory, surgical techniques, requirements and general overviews. TS Surgery Guide.
- CV Aaron H. Devor, Ph.D www
CV of sociology professor researching FTMs in society, Devor, Ph.D, author of _FTM_. Aaron H. Devor, Ph.D.
- Links Testicular Cancer Resource Center's Hormone Replacement Links www
Links to medical articles on testosterone. Testicular Cancer Resource Center's Hormone Replacement Links.
- Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty www
Vaginoplasty: Male to Female Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) Historical notes, Vaginoplasty, descriptions, photos, references and links. by Lynn Conway Vaginoplasty.
- Biography The Erickson Educational Foundation www
Biography of Reed Erickson, Erickson Educational Foundation, a female-to-male transsexual and founder of the EEF. The EEF funded research including the Harry Benjamin Foundation and early studies at Johns Hopkins. A history of the Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association. The Erickson Educational Foundation.
- Advice Intelligence Engineering: Zen and the Art of Post-operative Maintenance www
Advice on post-vaginoplasty care with many helpful illustrations for dilation. Intelligence Engineering: Zen and the Art of Post-operative Maintenance.
- Material TransGenderCare Medical Feminizing Program www
Material presented on the male-to-female transsexual medical transition as conducted by the now-defunct Tampa Gender Identity Program. Medical Feminizing Program. Includes specific hormone dosing information. TransGenderCare Medical Feminizing Program.
- Renee Renee Baker, Ph.D., LMT www
Renee Baker offers mind-body-spirit transgender services to those individuals seeking peace and support in their gender transition. Renee Baker, Ph.D., LMT.
- "Medical PFLAG: Medical Abuse of GLBT Youth www
"Medical Abuse of GLBT Youth, Medical Abuse of GLBT Youth," a handout and talk by Nancy Sharp, Co-chair of the PFLAG Transgender Special Outreach Network. PFLAG: Medical Abuse of GLBT Youth.
- The World Professional Association for Transgender Health www
The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), Professional Association for Transgender Health, formerly known as the (Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association, HBIGDA), is a professional organization devoted to the understanding and treatment of gender identity disorders. WPATH Mission Statement. As an international multidisciplinary professional Association the mission of WPATH is to promote evidence based care, education, research, advocacy, public policy and respect in transgender health. World Professional Association for Transgender Health.
- The Center of Excellence for Transgender Health www
The mission of the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health is to increase access to comprehensive, Excellence for Transgender Health, effective, and affirming health care services for trans and gender-variant communities. Center of Excellence for Transgender Health.
- Plastic, Michael L. Brownstein, MD FACS www
Plastic, Brownstein, MD FACS, reconstructive, and gender related surgeon in San Francisco CA. Michael L. Brownstein, MD FACS.
- Licensed Virginia Erhardt Ph D www
Licensed clinical psychologist and gender specialist in Atlanta, Erhardt Ph D, GA. Virginia Erhardt Ph D.
- "Sex Susan's Place: Transgender Resources www
"Sex Reassignment Surgery: Historical, Place: Transgender Resources, Bioethical, and Theoretical Issues" by Leslie M. Lothstein, Ph.D. Susan's Place: Transgender Resources.
- Online Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex Change (But Were Afraid to Ask) www
Online book about the male-to-female transition includes chapters on human sexuality, You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex Change (But Were Afraid to Ask), hormones and surgery, voice feminization, personal experiences of post-operative trans women, work and other legal issues. Includes a substantive resource on the transsexual population and an FAQ. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex Change (But Were Afraid to Ask).
- Anne Transsexual Women's Resources www
Anne Lawrence, Women's Resources, a clinical sexologist, posts papers she has presented at gender conferences on transsexuals. Her work centers on post-operative quality of life. The website also has extensive information on SRS procedures MTFs undergo. Transsexual Women's Resources.
- The TransgenderSoul www
The creation of Denver psychologist Rachael St. TransgenderSoul.Claire PsyD, providing resources for understanding, healing, and exploring the psychology of transgender issues. Information about Dr. St.Claire's professional psychological services is also available. TransgenderSoul.
- General Transsexual Road Map www
General content on decisions male-to-female transsexuals make in the process of medically and socially transitioning. Transsexual Road Map.
- James genderXchange www
James Bellringer, genderXchange, Consultant Urologist based at the Charing Cross Hospital Gender Identity Clinic in London. The leading Male to Female Gender Reassignment Surgeon in Britain. genderXchange.
- Website E. P. Walker www
Website of Mr. Walker. E.P. Walker, plastic surgeon in Christchurch, New Zealand with specialization in gender reassignment surgery. E. P. Walker.
- Transgender Tom Waddell Health Center www
Transgender clinic in San Francisco, Waddell Health Center, CA. Includes a detailed description of the intake process and the gender clinic's protocol. Tom Waddell Health Center.
- A Lynn's Place www
A post-op MtF transsexual provides detailed information about hormones, Place, sex-change surgery, medical experiences, and her personal experiences transitioning. Lynn's Place.
- Clinic Los Angeles Gender Center www
Clinic in Los Angeles that offers counseling to sexual minorities and transgendered persons. Angeles Gender Center. Clients include transsexuals, cross-dressers, gay men, lesbian women, bisexual individuals, and their families. Los Angeles Gender Center.
- Report Access to Health Care for Transgendered Persons in Greater Boston www
Report on a study conducted in the transgendered community and funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health/AIDS Bureau. Access to Health Care for Transgendered Persons in Greater Boston.
- The Gender Wellness Center Papillion www
The Papillon Center is comprised of both trans and non-trans professionals and volunteers. Wellness Center Papillion. Their aim is to deliver diverse, expert services and specialize in just transgender care. Providers are specially selected as leaders in their field, who have the right mix of passion, expertise, and real-life understanding of transgender issues. It is a requirement that all providers keep up-to-date with current developments in their particular field as it relates to transgender care. Gender Wellness Center Papillion.
- Book, IFGE Books - Gender Dysphoria www
Book, Books - Gender Dysphoria, Gender Dysphoria: Interdisciplinary Approaches in Clinical Management. Edited by Walter O. Bockting and Eli Coleman, PhD. (Eds) IFGE Books - Gender Dysphoria.
- Charitable The Beaumont Trust www
Charitable educational resource, Beaumont Trust, support, voluntary knowlededge on the subjects of Transsexualism. The Beaumont Trust.
- Info Medibolics www
Info on testosterone dosage. Medibolics.
- A Transgender Mental Health Blog www
A forum to discuss all things related to mental health, Mental Health Blog, therapy and support for transgendered, transsexual, gender queer and gender variant individuals. Transgender Mental Health Blog.
- Offers The Reed Centre for Genital Surgery www
Offers gender re-assignment surgery for MTF and FTM transsexuals. Reed Centre for Genital Surgery. Clinic tour, description of procedures with base pricing, and doctors background and qualifications. Near Miami, Florida. The Reed Centre for Genital Surgery.
- A Evidence That Invalidates The HIV-Hypothesis www
A list of evidence that refutes the HIV/AIDS hypothesis, That Invalidates The HIV-Hypothesis, much of it taken from documents puporting to claim the reverse. Evidence That Invalidates The HIV-Hypothesis.
- You CDC'S HIV/AIDS Surveillance Reports www
CDC'S HIV/AIDS Surveillance Reports.
- Provides Triangle Club www
Provides sober, Club, safe, and affordable Twelve Step Meeting spaces for gays and lesbians recovering from addictions and codependent behaviors. Schedule of meetings in Washington DC. Triangle Club.
- A The Capital Roundup www
A non-profit organization serving the gay, Capital Roundup, lesbian, bisexual and transgender recovering community of metropolitan Washington, DC. Services and support include social events, recovery workshops, and an annual conference. The Capital Roundup.
- Offers Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS) www
Offers medical information from the National Institute of Health. Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS). Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS).
- Alexa: Health and Wellness Transgendered
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Health and Wellness Transgendered
- DMOZ: Health and Wellness Transgendered
dmoz.org Directory: Health and Wellness Transgendered