Many groups in the queer community either call themselves "queer" or "LGBT" and then only include gays and sometimes lesbians, or simply avoid it all by calling themselves "lesbian and gay" in the first place and making no other alliances. This area is to celebrate the groups which call themselves "gay" and then join forces with us, or who say they're "queer-LGBT" and actually follow through on that. They are our allies, and we love them to bits. Allies Activism Transgendered Society.
An alliance is a relationship among people, groups, or states that have joined together for mutual benefit or to achieve some common purpose, whether or not explicit agreement has been worked out among them. (wikipedia)
- Allies A relationship among people, groups, or states that have joined together for mutual benefit...
- Allies of World War II The countries that together opposed the Axis powers during the Second World War.
- Allies of World War I The countries that opposed the Central Powers in the First World War.
- Straight allies A heterosexual and cisgender person who supports equal civil rights, gender equality, LGBT social...
- Allies (band) A Christian rock band. They released six albums during the 1980s and early 1990s.
- Allies (Crosby, Stills & Nash album) The eighth album by Crosby, Stills & Nash, their second concert document, and released on...
- Allies (Fred Frith album) A studio album by English guitarist, composer and improvisor Fred Frith.
- "Allies" (Stargate Atlantis) A Stargate Atlantis episode.
- "Allies" (song) A song recorded by the rock band Heart.
- The Allies (Australian rules football) A representative Australian rules football team made up of players who played their junior...
- Allies (film) A 2014 British war film.
- NYAC National Youth Advocacy Coalition www
NYAC has been working on outreach to trans youth for several years, Youth Advocacy Coalition, and has transgendered folks on its board of directors. National Youth Advocacy Coalition.
- The NCLR - National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page www
The NCLR provides free information and counselling to lesbians, National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page, gay men, and bisexual and transgendered individuals, and technical assistance to attorneys. One of their two staff attorneys is an FTM activist who has done extensive work with city and legal groups, and the HRC, to bring transgender rights to the fore. NCLR - National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page.
- NGLTF National Gay and Lesbian Task Force www
NGLTF refused to support ENDA unless it included transgendered people, Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and did a study with GenderPAC which found that "28% of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual people have been discriminated against based in part on their 'gender expression.'" National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- GLAAD Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation www
GLAAD has never let its name stop it; it has a long history of bi and trans inclusion, and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, and has been reporting media transphobia in its weekly "GLAADAlerts" for years. Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
- BiNet, BiNet USA Home Page www
BiNet, USA Home Page, like many bisexual organizations, has a strong alliance with the transgender community. Most recently, they withdrew their support of ENDA when other lobbyists refused to use trans-inclusive language in the employment non-discrimination act. BiNet USA Home Page.
- They Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Youth www
They really mean it - youthresource. Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Youth.com has a series of trans feature articles, perspectives from trans youth, a study of trans-youth-specific health risks, and a trans youth webring. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Youth.
- Support Children Of Lesbians And Gays Everywhere www
Support and advocacy organization for children of lesbian, Lesbians And Gays Everywhere, gay, bisexual and transgender parents. They have considerable support for transgendered parents and children, including hosting trans-specific gatherings. Children Of Lesbians And Gays Everywhere.
- PFLAG Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays www
PFLAG (Parents Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) is a national organization promoting the health and well-being of gay, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons and their families and friends. They have a trans-specific chapter (PFLAG-TSON) and several pamphlets on subjects like "Our Transgendered Children." Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.
- Safer Stop AIDS Project www
Safer sex information, AIDS Project, resources, and outreach. Trans-friendly in general, and has been doing outreach specifically to the FTM community to find out what they can do for us. Stop AIDS Project.
- The Out Against the Right www
The Lesbian Avengers' civil rights organizing project handbook. Out Against the Right.
- Boston Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition www
Boston and Boston-area residents working to eradicate discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition.
- Texas Story of Christie Lee Littleton www
Texas woman whose marriage was invalidated and declared a man by the Texas Supreme Court. Christie Lee Littleton. Also medical, legal and news links. Story of Christie Lee Littleton.
- Alexa: Allies Activism
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Allies Activism
- DMOZ: Allies Activism
dmoz.org Directory: Allies Activism