Activism Transgendered Society.
Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change, or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society and to change society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental reform or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society. Forms of activism range from writing letters to newspapers or to politicians, political campaigning, economic activism such as boycotts or preferentially patronizing businesses, rallies, street marches, strikes, sit-ins, and hunger strikes.
- Activism Category
- Advocacy Evaluation - Advocacy evaluation, also called public policy advocacy design, monitoring, and evaluation, evaluates the progress or outcomes of advocacy, such as changes in public policy.
- Advocacy group - Advocacy groups use various forms of advocacy in order to influence public opinion and/or policy. They have played and continue to play an important part in the development of political and social systems.
- Agitator - An agitator is a person who actively supports some ideology or movement with speeches and especially actions. The Agitators were a political movement as well as elected representatives of soldiers, including the New Model Army of Oliver Cromwell, during the English Civil War.
- Counterculture of the 1960s - The counterculture of the 1960s refers to an anti-establishment cultural phenomenon that developed first in the United Kingdom and the United States and then spread throughout much of the Western world between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s, with London, New York City, and San Francisco being...
- Community leader - Community leader is a designation, often by secondary sources, for a person who is perceived to represent a community. A simple way to understand community leadership is to see it as leadership in, for and by the community.
- Human rights activists - Human rights defenders or human rights activists are people who, individually or with others, act to promote or protect some variation of human rights. They can be journalists, environmentalists, whistle-blowers, trade unionists, lawyers, teachers, housing campaigners, and so on.
- Activism by issue
- Community organizing
- Counterculture of the 1960s
- TAW Transgender At Work www
TAW provides resources for employers who want to adjust their company employment policies. Work. Transgender at Work (TAW) focuses on voluntary cooperation between employers and employees. Transgender At Work.
- The Gender Education & Advocacy www
The web site of Gender Education and Advocacy, Education & Advocacy, providing resources and activism for the transgender community. "The organization for gender variant people for the new millennium." Divisions include "It's Time, America," AEGIS, and the Remembering Our Dead project. Gender Education & Advocacy.
- Legendary Phyllis Randolph Frye - Attorney at Law, Houston, Texas www
Legendary TG activist and attorney. Phyllis Randolph Frye - Attorney at Law, Houston, Texas.
- Transgender NCLR - Transgender Law Project www
Transgender Law Project (TLP) creates legal advocacy for the San Francisco transgender community. Transgender Law Project. TLP is co-sponsored by the National Center for Lesbian Rights and the Pride Law Fund. NCLR - Transgender Law Project.
- Issues QueerTheory: Trans 101 www
Issues facing the transgender community: internal unity, Trans 101, medical care, police interaction, law and civil rights, support resources in the Philadelphia area. QueerTheory: Trans 101.
- Transgender Debra Davis and the Gender Education Center www
Transgender resources and information. Davis and the Gender Education Center. Ms. Davis is a transgender High School librarian who transitioned on her job in 1998. Gender Education Center is a Minnesota non-profit organization of differently gendered people dedicated to support, advocacy and education. Debra Davis and the Gender Education Center.
- Page Page of Rage www
Page of Rage documents crimes against individuals whose gender expression differs from social expectations. Rage. Not updated in past year. Page of Rage.
- Texas Story of Christie Lee Littleton www
Texas woman whose marriage was invalidated and declared a man by the Texas Supreme Court. Christie Lee Littleton. Also medical, legal and news links. Story of Christie Lee Littleton.
- A Remembering Our Dead - Transgendered www
A website dedicated to preserving the memory of transgender individuals murdered by hate and killed by predjudice. Remembering Our Dead - Transgendered.
- The Christina Rosetti www
The comparison of the campaigns of Reform Party Presidential Candidate and LGTBI Activist/Spiritual Lecturer, Rosetti, Christina Rosetti and that of the other Reform Party Candidate, Patrick Buchanan. Christina Rosetti.
- Boston Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition www
Boston and Boston-area residents working to eradicate discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition.
- IFGE International Foundation for Gender Education, The www
IFGE is a leading advocate and educational organization for promoting the self-definition and free expression of individual gender identity, Foundation for Gender Education, The, and an excellent source of transgender news and information. International Foundation for Gender Education, The.
- Interview In Her Own Image: Transgender Activist Pauline Park www
Interview with transgender activist and Korean adoptee, Her Own Image: Transgender Activist Pauline Park, Pauline Park, about racism and transgender issues. In Her Own Image: Transgender Activist Pauline Park.
- Information Transgender Day of Remembrance www
Information about the Transgender Day of Remembrance, Day of Remembrance, held every November to draw attention to the problem of anti-transgender murder. Transgender Day of Remembrance.
- Effort No Excuses www
Effort to meet with lawmakers face to face facilitated through the Human Rights Campaign. No Excuses.
- National Day of Silence Project www
National youth-run effort using silence to protest the actual silencing of LGBT people due to harassment, Silence Project, bias and abuse in schools. History of the project, information on the H.Con.Res. 346 resolution, and organizing manual. Day of Silence Project.
- What Life History & Media Project www
What does it mean to be political these days? Young citizens tell their stories of using the media to inform themselves and get involved in politics. Life History & Media Project.
- All Associations Unorthodox www
All about unconventional, Unorthodox, unrestrained and unrepentant strategic thinking on the future of associations and the association community. Associations Unorthodox.
- NGLTF National Gay and Lesbian Task Force www
NGLTF refused to support ENDA unless it included transgendered people, Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and did a study with GenderPAC which found that "28% of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual people have been discriminated against based in part on their 'gender expression.'" National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- They Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Youth www
They really mean it - youthresource. Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Youth.com has a series of trans feature articles, perspectives from trans youth, a study of trans-youth-specific health risks, and a trans youth webring. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Youth.
- Provides How Can An LGBT Office Serve Intersexed People? www
Provides information on providing better services for intersexed people by gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender program/offices. Can An LGBT Office Serve Intersexed People?. An FAQ of the National Consortium of Directors of LGBT Resources in Higher Education. How Can An LGBT Office Serve Intersexed People?.
- Alexa: Activism Transgendered
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Activism Transgendered
- DMOZ: Activism Transgendered
dmoz.org Directory: Activism Transgendered