Activism Transgendered Society.
Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change, or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society and to change society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental reform or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society. Forms of activism range from writing letters to newspapers or to politicians, political campaigning, economic activism such as boycotts or preferentially patronizing businesses, rallies, street marches, strikes, sit-ins, and hunger strikes.
- Activism Category
- Advocacy Evaluation - Advocacy evaluation, also called public policy advocacy design, monitoring, and evaluation, evaluates the progress or outcomes of advocacy, such as changes in public policy.
- Advocacy group - Advocacy groups use various forms of advocacy in order to influence public opinion and/or policy. They have played and continue to play an important part in the development of political and social systems.
- Agitator - An agitator is a person who actively supports some ideology or movement with speeches and especially actions. The Agitators were a political movement as well as elected representatives of soldiers, including the New Model Army of Oliver Cromwell, during the English Civil War.
- Counterculture of the 1960s - The counterculture of the 1960s refers to an anti-establishment cultural phenomenon that developed first in the United Kingdom and the United States and then spread throughout much of the Western world between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s, with London, New York City, and San Francisco being...
- Community leader - Community leader is a designation, often by secondary sources, for a person who is perceived to represent a community. A simple way to understand community leadership is to see it as leadership in, for and by the community.
- Human rights activists - Human rights defenders or human rights activists are people who, individually or with others, act to promote or protect some variation of human rights.
- Activism by issue
- Community organizing
- Counterculture of the 1960s
- Legendary Phyllis Randolph Frye - Attorney at Law, Houston, Texas www
Legendary TG activist and attorney. Phyllis Randolph Frye - Attorney at Law, Houston, Texas.
- Texas Story of Christie Lee Littleton www
Texas woman whose marriage was invalidated and declared a man by the Texas Supreme Court. Christie Lee Littleton. Also medical, legal and news links. Story of Christie Lee Littleton.
- A Remembering Our Dead - Transgendered www
A website dedicated to preserving the memory of transgender individuals murdered by hate and killed by predjudice. Remembering Our Dead - Transgendered.
- Issues QueerTheory: Trans 101 www
Issues facing the transgender community: internal unity, Trans 101, medical care, police interaction, law and civil rights, support resources in the Philadelphia area. QueerTheory: Trans 101.
- IFGE International Foundation for Gender Education, The www
IFGE is a leading advocate and educational organization for promoting the self-definition and free expression of individual gender identity, Foundation for Gender Education, The, and an excellent source of transgender news and information. International Foundation for Gender Education, The.
- Transgender Debra Davis and the Gender Education Center www
Transgender resources and information. Davis and the Gender Education Center. Ms. Davis is a transgender High School librarian who transitioned on her job in 1998. Gender Education Center is a Minnesota non-profit organization of differently gendered people dedicated to support, advocacy and education. Debra Davis and the Gender Education Center.
- Information Transgender Day of Remembrance www
Information about the Transgender Day of Remembrance, Day of Remembrance, held every November to draw attention to the problem of anti-transgender murder. Transgender Day of Remembrance.
- The Christina Rosetti www
The comparison of the campaigns of Reform Party Presidential Candidate and LGTBI Activist/Spiritual Lecturer, Rosetti, Christina Rosetti and that of the other Reform Party Candidate, Patrick Buchanan. Christina Rosetti.
- Page Page of Rage www
Page of Rage documents crimes against individuals whose gender expression differs from social expectations. Rage. Not updated in past year. Page of Rage.
- The Gender Education & Advocacy www
The web site of Gender Education and Advocacy, Education & Advocacy, providing resources and activism for the transgender community. "The organization for gender variant people for the new millennium." Divisions include "It's Time, America," AEGIS, and the Remembering Our Dead project. Gender Education & Advocacy.
- Boston Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition www
Boston and Boston-area residents working to eradicate discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition.
- Transgender NCLR - Transgender Law Project www
Transgender Law Project (TLP) creates legal advocacy for the San Francisco transgender community. Transgender Law Project. TLP is co-sponsored by the National Center for Lesbian Rights and the Pride Law Fund. NCLR - Transgender Law Project.
- Interview In Her Own Image: Transgender Activist Pauline Park www
Interview with transgender activist and Korean adoptee, Her Own Image: Transgender Activist Pauline Park, Pauline Park, about racism and transgender issues. In Her Own Image: Transgender Activist Pauline Park.
- TAW Transgender At Work www
TAW provides resources for employers who want to adjust their company employment policies. Work. Transgender at Work (TAW) focuses on voluntary cooperation between employers and employees. Transgender At Work.
- Celebrity No H8 Campaign www
Celebrity photographer produced effort portraying people with their mouths taped shut. No H8 Campaign.
- Article QueerSighted - Fast Fingering: The New Gay Activism www
Article detailing how quickly and effectively social networking can be used. QueerSighted - Fast Fingering: The New Gay Activism.
- All Associations Unorthodox www
All about unconventional, Unorthodox, unrestrained and unrepentant strategic thinking on the future of associations and the association community. Associations Unorthodox.
- A Essential Information www
A non-profit organization founded by Ralph Nader which encourages citizens to become active and engaged in their communities. Information. Site links to opinion articles on current issues. Essential Information.
- The NCLR - National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page www
The NCLR provides free information and counselling to lesbians, National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page, gay men, and bisexual and transgendered individuals, and technical assistance to attorneys. One of their two staff attorneys is an FTM activist who has done extensive work with city and legal groups, and the HRC, to bring transgender rights to the fore. NCLR - National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page.
- PFLAG Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays www
PFLAG (Parents Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) is a national organization promoting the health and well-being of gay, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons and their families and friends. They have a trans-specific chapter (PFLAG-TSON) and several pamphlets on subjects like "Our Transgendered Children." Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.
- Provides How Can An LGBT Office Serve Intersexed People? www
Provides information on providing better services for intersexed people by gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender program/offices. Can An LGBT Office Serve Intersexed People?. An FAQ of the National Consortium of Directors of LGBT Resources in Higher Education. How Can An LGBT Office Serve Intersexed People?.
- Alexa: Activism Transgendered
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Activism Transgendered
- DMOZ: Activism Transgendered
dmoz.org Directory: Activism Transgendered