"Transgenderism" is an umbrella term covering persons who do not fit societal expectations of sex or gender. Transgendered persons include: transsexuals, cross-dressers, drag-queens, butch lesbians, intersexuals, and others. Academic perspectives on transgenderism come from many disciplines such as psychology, history, sociology, anthropology, gender studies, queer studies, and law. Academic Transgendered Society.
The word comes from the akademeia in ancient Greece, which derives from the Athenian hero, Akademos . (wikipedia)
- Faculty (academic staff) The academic staff of a university: professors of various ranks, lecturers, and/or researchers.
- The Academic An indie rock band from Westmeath, Ireland founded in 2013.
- Academia Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Academia'.
- Subscribe Trans-Academic Mailing List www
Subscribe to a low-volume information-oriented list for transgendered / transsexual academics. Mailing List. Topics include psychology, medicine, law, and social welfare. Typical posts include calls for papers, conference announcements, and reference requests. Trans-Academic Mailing List.
- This Transtudies: An Online Course Project www
This guides to the study of gender differences and transgender expression in academic environments includes syllabi, Online Course Project, teaching suggestions, annotated bibliographies, student papers, and links. Transtudies: An Online Course Project.
- Sexologists Diagnostic Dilemmas of Transvestitism www
Sexologists challenge the view that cross-dressing is a mental illness and suggest that the transvestic fetishism diagnosis may distract clinicians from addressing genuine psychological distress. Diagnostic Dilemmas of Transvestitism.
- Katherine The Disparate Classification of Gender and Sexual Orientation in American Psychiatry www
Katherine Wilson examines the concepts of gender identity and sexual orientation as the have been used to define mental disorders. Disparate Classification of Gender and Sexual Orientation in American Psychiatry. She questions how consistently the DSM applies definitions. The Disparate Classification of Gender and Sexual Orientation in American Psychiatry.
- Discussion Trans-Academics www
Discussion forums bring together those who study gender theory and the trans-community. Trans-Academics. Learn about queer studies graduate programs and teaching with instructional materials and a bibliography. Trans-Academics.
- A Psychology of Gender Identity & Transgenderism www
A transsexual psychologist critiques the psychopathology of gender identity disorder and transvestic fetishism. Gender Identity & Transgenderism. She discusses personal experiences and scholarly topics in psychology, neuroscience, and sexology. Psychology of Gender Identity & Transgenderism.
- Study True Hermaphroditism: Considerations in the Management of Patients Presenting in Early and Adult Life www
Study of a twenty-seven year old man with penoscrotal hypospadias and unilateral undescended gonad who was diagnosed with lateral true hermaphroditism during an evaluation for infertility. True Hermaphroditism: Considerations in the Management of Patients Presenting in Early and Adult Life.
- Policy American Academy of Pediatrics www
Policy statement on "Evaluation of the Newborn With Developmental Anomalies of the External Genitalia" intending to help the primary care pediatrician identify which newborns need to be screened for intersexuality and to suggest indications for referral. Academy of Pediatrics. Also includes an outline of the embryology of the external genitalia indicating where errors can arise. American Academy of Pediatrics.
- The Viewpoints from Involvement -- "Thon" www
The history and usage of "thon" as a genderless pronoun derived from "that one" is described. Viewpoints from Involvement -- "Thon".
- Learn Gender Exclusive Language www
Learn six strategies to avoid using gender-specific pronouns. Gender Exclusive Language.
- Alexa: Academic Transgendered
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Academic Transgendered
- DMOZ: Academic Transgendered
dmoz.org Directory: Academic Transgendered