Transgendered individuals are those who have a gender (a mental measure of masculinity, femininity, or something else entirely) which does not match their sex (being physically male or female). This section includes resources for transgendered individuals, and information about transgenderism in general. Transgendered Society.
Being transgender is independent of sexual orientation: transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Transgender people are those who have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their assigned sex. Transgender people are sometimes called transsexual if they desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another. Transgender is also an umbrella term: in addition to including people whose gender identity is the opposite of their assigned sex, it may include people who are not exclusively masculine or feminine. Other definitions of transgender also include people who belong to a third gender, or else conceptualize transgender people as a third gender. Infrequently, the term transgender is defined very broadly to include cross-dressers, regardless of their gender identity.
- Transgender Category
- History of transgender people in the United States - This article addresses the history of transgender people in the United States from prior to western contact until the present. Transgender people have been present in the land now known as the United States at least since the early 1600s.
- Gender studies
- Sexologists Diagnostic Dilemmas of Transvestitism www
Sexologists challenge the view that cross-dressing is a mental illness and suggest that the transvestic fetishism diagnosis may distract clinicians from addressing genuine psychological distress. Diagnostic Dilemmas of Transvestitism.
- Discussion Trans-Academics www
Discussion forums bring together those who study gender theory and the trans-community. Trans-Academics. Learn about queer studies graduate programs and teaching with instructional materials and a bibliography. Trans-Academics.
- Transgender NCLR - Transgender Law Project www
Transgender Law Project (TLP) creates legal advocacy for the San Francisco transgender community. Transgender Law Project. TLP is co-sponsored by the National Center for Lesbian Rights and the Pride Law Fund. NCLR - Transgender Law Project.
- Boston Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition www
Boston and Boston-area residents working to eradicate discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition.
- Royalty Grand Marshals of Southern Decadence www
Royalty of this annual transgendered event. Marshals of Southern Decadence. Includes lineage and each year's official theme, color and song. Grand Marshals of Southern Decadence.
- Transgendered Serano, Julia www
Transgendered writer, Julia, musician and spoken word artist and activist. Includes biography, selected works and contact information. Serano, Julia.
- This Why Bother Coming Out? www
This article gives some clear and valuable advice about whether one should come out in certain situations, Bother Coming Out?, and if so how and when to do so most effectively. Why Bother Coming Out?.
- How Telling Parents www
How and when to come out to your parents as transgendered. Telling Parents.
- Yearly Southern Comfort Conference www
Yearly transgender event in Atlanta, Comfort Conference, Georgia. Southern Comfort Conference.
- Transgender Fantasia Fair www
Transgender educational week for MTFs, Fair, FTMs, and crossdressers. Features program book, daily schedule, prices, activities, registration, FAQs. Held annually in Provincetown, MA. Fantasia Fair.
- Multiple Best Tips for crossdress www
Multiple tips and sections on this site address every facet of cross dressing preparations. Best Tips for crossdress.
- The Rose's TV Repartee - Cross-dressing Lifestyle www
The UK's membership/support group for TVs and Cross-dressers. Repartee - Cross-dressing Lifestyle. Publishes TV Repartee magazine. Hosts the "Rose's Forum web community." Rose's TV Repartee - Cross-dressing Lifestyle.
- Alexa: Transgendered Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Transgendered Society
- DMOZ: Transgendered Society
dmoz.org Directory: Transgendered Society