Any sites that can offer an opportunity to gain support, or give support, to people dealing with these issues. This may include forums, email lists, personal homepages. Groups and websites and pages to help people cope with the troubles of life, or at least feel less alone. For disease-related support groups, see Health-Consumer Support Groups. A regional listing would be appropriate for information about a support group that primarily is about when and where a group meets in person. Support Groups Society.
- Wikipedia: In a support group, members provide each other with various types of help, usually nonprofessional and nonmaterial, for a particular shared, usually burdensome, characteristic. Members with the same issues can come together for sharing coping strategies, to feel more empowered and for a sense of community. The help may take the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, relating personal experiences, listening to and accepting others' experiences, providing sympathetic understanding and establishing social networks. A support group may also work to inform the public or engage in advocacy.
- Group psychotherapy - Group psychotherapy or group therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which one or more therapists treat a small group of clients together as a group.
- Self-help groups for mental health - Self-help groups for mental health are voluntary associations of people who share a common desire to overcome mental illness or otherwise increase their level of cognitive or emotional wellbeing.
- Self care
- Support groups
- Types of organization
- Aftermath of war
- Personal development
- Information Fostered Abandoned Children Together www
Information and materials for former foster children to form and conduct their own meetings. Fostered Abandoned Children Together.
- Recovery Recovery Web www
Recovery from addictions and alcoholism, Web, sexual abuse, post traumatic stress disorder, codependency and abusive relationships. Recovery Web.
- A Self-Help Sourcebook www
A searchable index of mental health and medical support groups. Self-Help Sourcebook.
- Works Hope for Healing www
Works to educate and give Christian support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence and their family and friends. for Healing. Mailing list and chat. Hope for Healing.
- Chatroom, Father Leo Online www
Chatroom, Leo Online, message boards, and articles. Father Leo Online.
- A Support and Encouragement for Life www
A forum-based online community where people with life issues can help each other through difficult times. and Encouragement for Life. Requires registration. Support and Encouragement for Life.
- Dedicated If You Had Controlling Parents www
Dedicated to education about and prevention of unhealthy parental control. If You Had Controlling Parents.
- Support Officium www
Support and advice for people affected by violent crime both on the site and in a handbook. Officium.
- State CustodySource.com www
State by state individuals, CustodySource.com, groups, and organizations to help with the difficult challenges of child custody. For fathers, mothers and grandparents. CustodySource.com.
- This Child Support in Illinois www
This is the place to share ideas, Support in Illinois, contact information for CSE and Government Officials and web sites you can visit to obtain information on child support laws in Illinois. Child Support in Illinois.
- Posts Deadbeat Locators www
Posts information on non-supporting parents sorted by state. Deadbeat Locators.
- For Codependents of Sexual Addiction www
For friends and family members whose lives have been affected by another person's compulsive sexual behavior. Codependents of Sexual Addiction.
- A Co-Dependents Anonymous (UK) www
A set of informal self-help groups made up of men and women with a common interest in working through the problems that co-dependency has caused in their lives. Anonymous (UK). Co-Dependents Anonymous (UK).
- Massachusetts-based Divorce Center www
Massachusetts-based volunteer organization offering emotional and legal support. Center. Information on the "Parents Apart" program, seminars, and television programs; recommended resources, and FAQ. Divorce Center.
- Network Divorce Care www
Network of church-sponsored weekly groups involving informational videos and interaction with other members. Care. Listings of current groups by region, resources, and help in forming a DivorceCare ministry. Divorce Care.
- Group South Bay Nation of Men www
Group for men in San Jose and the South Bay, Bay Nation of Men, California; includes an online newsletter, event listings, and information. South Bay Nation of Men.
- Index Million Man March www
Index of stories and links related to the Million Man March of 1995. Million Man March.
- For AIS Support Group www
For people with AIS and related conditions and their families. Support Group. Based in Australia, but all are welcome. Related news, facts, and information. AIS Support Group.
- Includes Intersex Society of North America www
Includes contact information, Society of North America, medical information, a library, articles, newsletter, bibliography, store, faqs and writings about the intersexed condition. Intersex Society of North America.
- Alexa: Support Groups Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Support Groups Society
- DMOZ: Support Groups Society
dmoz.org Directory: Support Groups Society