Any sites that can offer an opportunity to gain support, or give support, to people dealing with these issues. This may include forums, email lists, personal homepages. Groups and websites and pages to help people cope with the troubles of life, or at least feel less alone. For disease-related support groups, see Health-Consumer Support Groups. A regional listing would be appropriate for information about a support group that primarily is about when and where a group meets in person. Support Groups Society.
- Wikipedia: In a support group, members provide each other with various types of help, usually nonprofessional and nonmaterial, for a particular shared, usually burdensome, characteristic. Members with the same issues can come together for sharing coping strategies, to feel more empowered and for a sense of community. The help may take the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, relating personal experiences, listening to and accepting others' experiences, providing sympathetic understanding and establishing social networks. A support group may also work to inform the public or engage in advocacy.
- Group psychotherapy - Group psychotherapy or group therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which one or more therapists treat a small group of clients together as a group.
- Self-help groups for mental health - Self-help groups for mental health are voluntary associations of people who share a common desire to overcome mental illness or otherwise increase their level of cognitive or emotional wellbeing.
- Self care
- Support groups
- Types of organization
- Aftermath of war
- Personal development
- Recovery Recovery Web www
Recovery from addictions and alcoholism, Web, sexual abuse, post traumatic stress disorder, codependency and abusive relationships. Recovery Web.
- Works Hope for Healing www
Works to educate and give Christian support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence and their family and friends. for Healing. Mailing list and chat. Hope for Healing.
- Support Officium www
Support and advice for people affected by violent crime both on the site and in a handbook. Officium.
- A Support and Encouragement for Life www
A forum-based online community where people with life issues can help each other through difficult times. and Encouragement for Life. Requires registration. Support and Encouragement for Life.
- A Self-Help Sourcebook www
A searchable index of mental health and medical support groups. Self-Help Sourcebook.
- Information Fostered Abandoned Children Together www
Information and materials for former foster children to form and conduct their own meetings. Fostered Abandoned Children Together.
- Chatroom, Father Leo Online www
Chatroom, Leo Online, message boards, and articles. Father Leo Online.
- Dedicated If You Had Controlling Parents www
Dedicated to education about and prevention of unhealthy parental control. If You Had Controlling Parents.
- State CustodySource.com www
State by state individuals, CustodySource.com, groups, and organizations to help with the difficult challenges of child custody. For fathers, mothers and grandparents. CustodySource.com.
- Posts Deadbeat Locators www
Posts information on non-supporting parents sorted by state. Deadbeat Locators.
- Helping Fathers Child Support Helpline www
Helping fathers with their child support problems. Fathers Child Support Helpline.
- For Dr. Irene's Verbal Abuse www
For verbal abusers and their co-dependants. Dr. Irene's Verbal Abuse.
- Message Codependency 101 www
Message board and support for codependents. Codependency 101.
- Articles About.com: Divorce Support www
Articles and resources on divorce in a variety of circumstances and from a variety of perspectives. Divorce Support. Includes chat and discussion boards. About.com: Divorce Support.
- Massachusetts-based Divorce Center www
Massachusetts-based volunteer organization offering emotional and legal support. Center. Information on the "Parents Apart" program, seminars, and television programs; recommended resources, and FAQ. Divorce Center.
- Provides Twin Cities Men's Center www
Provides resources for men seeking to grow in body, Cities Men's Center, mind and spirit. Supports men in Minneapolis and St. Paul and publishes Men Talk, a regional, bi-monthly newsletter. Twin Cities Men's Center.
- New Men Mentoring Men www
New Jersey men's center dedicated to the sharing of a man's unique experience in a complex world; includes history, Mentoring Men, mission, general information. Men Mentoring Men.
- A S-CA www
A discussion and support group for adult men, S-CA, who where born with "XXY" or variable (more commonly known as Klinefelter Syndrome), who are also homosexual or bisexual. S-CA.
- Includes United Kingdom Intersex Society www
Includes contact information, Kingdom Intersex Society, writings by and about intersexed people, and medical recommendations. United Kingdom Intersex Society.
- Alexa: Support Groups Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Support Groups Society
- DMOZ: Support Groups Society
dmoz.org Directory: Support Groups Society