Any sites that can offer an opportunity to gain support, or give support, to people dealing with these issues. This may include forums, email lists, personal homepages. Groups and websites and pages to help people cope with the troubles of life, or at least feel less alone. For disease-related support groups, see Health-Consumer Support Groups. A regional listing would be appropriate for information about a support group that primarily is about when and where a group meets in person. Support Groups Society.
- Wikipedia: In a support group, members provide each other with various types of help, usually nonprofessional and nonmaterial, for a particular shared, usually burdensome, characteristic. Members with the same issues can come together for sharing coping strategies, to feel more empowered and for a sense of community. The help may take the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, relating personal experiences, listening to and accepting others' experiences, providing sympathetic understanding and establishing social networks. A support group may also work to inform the public or engage in advocacy.
- Group psychotherapy - Group psychotherapy or group therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which one or more therapists treat a small group of clients together as a group.
- Self-help groups for mental health - Self-help groups for mental health are voluntary associations of people who share a common desire to overcome mental illness or otherwise increase their level of cognitive or emotional wellbeing.
- Self care
- Support groups
- Types of organization
- Aftermath of war
- Personal development
- Dedicated If You Had Controlling Parents www
Dedicated to education about and prevention of unhealthy parental control. If You Had Controlling Parents.
- Works Hope for Healing www
Works to educate and give Christian support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence and their family and friends. for Healing. Mailing list and chat. Hope for Healing.
- Recovery Recovery Web www
Recovery from addictions and alcoholism, Web, sexual abuse, post traumatic stress disorder, codependency and abusive relationships. Recovery Web.
- Chatroom, Father Leo Online www
Chatroom, Leo Online, message boards, and articles. Father Leo Online.
- A Support and Encouragement for Life www
A forum-based online community where people with life issues can help each other through difficult times. and Encouragement for Life. Requires registration. Support and Encouragement for Life.
- A Self-Help Sourcebook www
A searchable index of mental health and medical support groups. Self-Help Sourcebook.
- Information Fostered Abandoned Children Together www
Information and materials for former foster children to form and conduct their own meetings. Fostered Abandoned Children Together.
- Support Officium www
Support and advice for people affected by violent crime both on the site and in a handbook. Officium.
- State CustodySource.com www
State by state individuals, CustodySource.com, groups, and organizations to help with the difficult challenges of child custody. For fathers, mothers and grandparents. CustodySource.com.
- Posts Deadbeat Locators www
Posts information on non-supporting parents sorted by state. Deadbeat Locators.
- Helping Fathers Child Support Helpline www
Helping fathers with their child support problems. Fathers Child Support Helpline.
- A Co-Dependents Anonymous (US) www
A fellowship of men and women whose common purpose is to develop healthy relationships. Anonymous (US). Co-Dependents Anonymous (US).
- All Yahoo Groups: CoDependents www
All CoDependents are welcome regardless of recovery stage. Groups: CoDependents. This is a non religious, non gender biased, peer support group. Yahoo Groups: CoDependents.
- Network Divorce Care www
Network of church-sponsored weekly groups involving informational videos and interaction with other members. Care. Listings of current groups by region, resources, and help in forming a DivorceCare ministry. Divorce Care.
- Provides Bethany of Southeastern Michigan www
Provides spiritual, Southeastern Michigan, social, and educational assistance to divorced and separated Christians through peer to peer ministry. Information on individual chapters, board members, and meetings as well as contact details, maps, and newsletters. Bethany of Southeastern Michigan.
- Index Million Man March www
Index of stories and links related to the Million Man March of 1995. Million Man March.
- Community A Gathering of Men www
Community of men around Puget Sound, Gathering of Men, Washington; offers general, calendar, and contact information. A Gathering of Men.
- For AIS Support Group www
For people with AIS and related conditions and their families. Support Group. Based in Australia, but all are welcome. Related news, facts, and information. AIS Support Group.
- HYPOHH.net Helping You to be POsitive about Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism www
HYPOHH. You to be POsitive about Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism.net is the patient support organisation for sufferers of Kallmann's syndrome and other forms of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is characterised by a failure to go through puberty naturally and can affect people of any gender. Helping You to be POsitive about Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism.
- Alexa: Support Groups Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Support Groups Society
- DMOZ: Support Groups Society
dmoz.org Directory: Support Groups Society