Any sites that can offer an opportunity to gain support, or give support, to people dealing with these issues. This may include forums, email lists, personal homepages. Groups and websites and pages to help people cope with the troubles of life, or at least feel less alone. For disease-related support groups, see Health-Consumer Support Groups. A regional listing would be appropriate for information about a support group that primarily is about when and where a group meets in person. Support Groups Society.
- Wikipedia: In a support group, members provide each other with various types of help, usually nonprofessional and nonmaterial, for a particular shared, usually burdensome, characteristic. Members with the same issues can come together for sharing coping strategies, to feel more empowered and for a sense of community. The help may take the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, relating personal experiences, listening to and accepting others' experiences, providing sympathetic understanding and establishing social networks. A support group may also work to inform the public or engage in advocacy.
- Group psychotherapy - Group psychotherapy or group therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which one or more therapists treat a small group of clients together as a group.
- Self-help groups for mental health - Self-help groups for mental health are voluntary associations of people who share a common desire to overcome mental illness or otherwise increase their level of cognitive or emotional wellbeing.
- Self care
- Support groups
- Types of organization
- Aftermath of war
- Personal development
- Codependence Recovery www
Counselor and spiritual teacher's pages on emotional and inner child healing, Recovery, spirituality, and personal empowerment. Recovery from the disease of Codependence involves stopping the war within us.
- A Support and Encouragement for Life www
A forum-based online community where people with life issues can help each other through difficult times. and Encouragement for Life. Requires registration. Support and Encouragement for Life.
- Information Fostered Abandoned Children Together www
Information and materials for former foster children to form and conduct their own meetings. Fostered Abandoned Children Together.
- Recovery Recovery Web www
Recovery from addictions and alcoholism, Web, sexual abuse, post traumatic stress disorder, codependency and abusive relationships. Recovery Web.
- Chatroom, Father Leo Online www
Chatroom, Leo Online, message boards, and articles. Father Leo Online.
- Works Hope for Healing www
Works to educate and give Christian support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence and their family and friends. for Healing. Mailing list and chat. Hope for Healing.
- Support Officium www
Support and advice for people affected by violent crime both on the site and in a handbook. Officium.
- Dedicated If You Had Controlling Parents www
Dedicated to education about and prevention of unhealthy parental control. If You Had Controlling Parents.
- A Self-Help Sourcebook www
A searchable index of mental health and medical support groups. Self-Help Sourcebook.
- State CustodySource.com www
State by state individuals, CustodySource.com, groups, and organizations to help with the difficult challenges of child custody. For fathers, mothers and grandparents. CustodySource.com.
- Posts Deadbeat Locators www
Posts information on non-supporting parents sorted by state. Deadbeat Locators.
- Helping Fathers Child Support Helpline www
Helping fathers with their child support problems. Fathers Child Support Helpline.
- Message Codependency 101 www
Message board and support for codependents. Codependency 101.
- Massachusetts-based Divorce Center www
Massachusetts-based volunteer organization offering emotional and legal support. Center. Information on the "Parents Apart" program, seminars, and television programs; recommended resources, and FAQ. Divorce Center.
- Articles About.com: Divorce Support www
Articles and resources on divorce in a variety of circumstances and from a variety of perspectives. Divorce Support. Includes chat and discussion boards. About.com: Divorce Support.
- Based Redwood Men's Center www
Based in Santa Rosa, Men's Center, California, includes information on the Annual Redwood Men's Center Conference on New Directions in Male Psychology. Redwood Men's Center.
- Annual Minnesota Men's Conference www
Annual conference started by Robert Bly in 1984. Men's Conference. Events include the telling of old stories, the gifts of poetry, making music together and opening hearts to grief. Minnesota Men's Conference.
- Includes United Kingdom Intersex Society www
Includes contact information, Kingdom Intersex Society, writings by and about intersexed people, and medical recommendations. United Kingdom Intersex Society.
- This Alliance of Genetic Support Groups www
This is an organization devoted to promoting optimum health care for people suffering from genetic disorders. Genetic Support Groups. They're full of specific intersexed conditions like Klinefelter's Syndrome, and a page where you can search for related resources by condition. Alliance of Genetic Support Groups.
- Alexa: Support Groups Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Support Groups Society
- DMOZ: Support Groups Society
dmoz.org Directory: Support Groups Society