Hippy is an establishment label for a profound, invisible, underground, evolutionary process. For every visible hippy, barefoot, beflowered, beaded, there are a thousand invisible members of the turned-on underground. Persons whose lives are tuned in to their inner vision, who are dropping out of the TV comedy of American Life. Timothy Leary (The Politics of Ecstasy) 1967 Hippie Subcultures Society.
In January 1967, the Human Be-In in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco popularized hippie culture, leading to the Summer of Love on the West Coast of the United States, and the 1969 Woodstock Festival on the East Coast. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A hippie is a member of a counterculture, originally a youth movement that began in the United States during the mid-1960s and spread to other countries around the world. The word hippie came from hipster and used to describe beatniks who moved into New York City's Greenwich Village and San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district. The term hippie first found popularity in San Francisco by Herb Caen, a journalist for the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Afghan Coat - An Afghan Coat is a sheepskin or goatskin coat made with the fleece on the inside and the soft suede-like leather on the outside.
- Anti-globalization movement - The anti-globalization movement, or counter-globalisation movement, is a social movement critical of economic globalization.
- Beat Generation - The Beat Generation is a literary movement started by a group of authors whose work explored and influenced American culture and politics in the post-World War II era. The bulk of their work was published and popularized throughout the 1950s.
- Beatnik - Beatnik was a media stereotype prevalent throughout the 1950s to mid-1960s that displayed the more superficial aspects of the Beat Generation literary movement of the 1950s.
- Black Bear Ranch - Black Bear Ranch is an 80-acre intentional community located in Siskiyou County, California, about 25 miles from Forks of Salmon. It was founded in 1968, with the slogan "free land for free people".
- Blue Movie - Blue Movie is a 1969 American film written, produced, and directed by Andy Warhol.
- Culture of the Pacific Northwest
- Washington (state) culture
- 1960s in music
- Oregon culture
- 1970s in music
- Profile, The Hippie's Old but Far-Out Loft www
Profile, Hippie's Old but Far-Out Loft, links, photos, and commentary. The Hippie's Old but Far-Out Loft.
- A Albion Kendalhang www
A historical gallery honouring the sixties. Albion Kendalhang.
- Information Hippy Land www
Information on the 60's and articles on political activism, Land, cannabis, peace, the new age, music and art. Hippy Land.
- A Random Advice and Hippy Values www
A collection of advice on subjects ranging from sex, Advice and Hippy Values, love, relationships, drugs, death, money, and tomatoes. A full text of the entire book is available for free downloading. Random Advice and Hippy Values.
- Official Country Joe McDonald www
Official home on the web of this singer, Joe McDonald, songwriter and performer at the Woodstock Festival, summer of '69. A biography and discography plus extensive list of song lyrics. Country Joe McDonald.
- A Love, Peace, Freedom, Harmony & Happiness www
A celebration of love, Peace, Freedom, Harmony & Happiness, peace, freedom, harmony, happiness and Rock 'n' Roll. For discussions on music and subjects related to peaceful co-existence. Poetry, philosophy and the famous Rock Roll of Honor Love, Peace, Freedom, Harmony & Happiness.
- Musings The Old Hippie Lost in Mississippi www
Musings and memoirs from an old hippie also provides links to other hippie pages. The Old Hippie Lost in Mississippi.
- At Wavy Gravy's Homepage www
At Woodstock as Chief of the Please Force and member of entertainment activist commune known as The Hog Farm. Gravy's Homepage. Biography of Hugh Romney or Mr. Gravy, still practicing the '60s idealism. Wavy Gravy's Homepage.
- An The Hippie Museum www
An open project founded by cultural creatives and hippies, Hippie Museum, where people can submit essays, speak out politically and tell their life stories. The Hippie Museum.
- Remember Baby Boomer Memories www
Remember the good old days? Baby Boomers send in their memories from the 50's, Boomer Memories, 60's and 70's on everything from family vacations to first love. Baby Boomer Memories.
- A Tips for Boomers www
A guide for improving life in many ways. for Boomers. Includes diet tips, goal setting, memory improvement and self improvement. Tips for Boomers.
- The Center New Realities www
The CNR was founded in Bern Switzerland in 1985, New Realities, keeping ideas born out of the movement of changes alive. Center New Realities.
- Unofficial Rainbow Family of Living Light www
Unofficial site containing information on gatherings and the family. Family of Living Light. Philosophy is based on Native American traditions, intentional community building, non-violence, and alternative lifestyles. Rainbow Family of Living Light.
- A Happy Hippie www
A wide variety of eco-friendly products and other useful links, Hippie, also offers an expanding education center to promote eco-friendly living and awareness. Happy Hippie.
- College Purdue NORML of Indiana www
College chapter of NORML at Purdue University Purdue NORML of Indiana.
- Montana Montana NORML www
Montana NORML chapter Montana NORML.
- An Jim Greenlee's Home Page www
An Old Hippie's views, Greenlee's Home Page, Opinions and thoughts. Jim Greenlee's Home Page.
- What's Groovy Hippie www
What's a hippie, Hippie, Beatle's stuff for sale, games to play and information about Easy Rider. Groovy Hippie.
- Virtual Mind Space www
Virtual community formed to discuss a sustainable future, Space, reality selection, surrounding philosophies, cyber culture, literature, alternative lifestyles and viewpoints, freedom of information, music, and psychedelics. Mind Space.
- Online Subkultures.net www
Online community for people who don't feel part of the mainstream. Subkultures.net. Hosts sites for individuals. Subkultures.net.
- Alexa: Hippie Subcultures
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Hippie Subcultures
- DMOZ: Hippie Subcultures
dmoz.org Directory: Hippie Subcultures