Coverall of subcultures that have "grown up" on the Internet. Also includes all other aspects of cyberculture. Cyberculture Subcultures Society.
Cyberculture or computer culture is the culture that has emerged, or is emerging, from the use of computer networks for communication, entertainment, and business. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Cyberculture or computer culture is the culture that has emerged, or is emerging, from the use of computer networks for communication, entertainment, and business. Internet culture is also the study of various social phenomena associated with the Internet and other new forms of the network communication, such as online communities, online multi-player gaming, wearable computing, social gaming, social media, mobile apps, augmented reality, and texting, and includes issues related to identity, privacy, and network formation.
- Anonymous - Anonymous is a loosely associated international network of activist and hacktivist entities. A website nominally associated with the group describes it as "an Internet gathering" with "a very loose and decentralized command structure that operates on ideas rather than directives".
- Alt-right - The alt-right, or alternative right, is a loosely defined group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism and neo-conservatism in favor of nationalism and paleo-conservative ideas.
- Cicada 3301 - Cicada 3301 is a name given to an organization that on six occasions has posted a set of puzzles and alternate reality games to possibly recruit codebreakers/linguists from the public. The first internet puzzle started on January 4, 2012, and ran for approximately one month.
- Cyber law - Legal aspects of computing are related to the overlapping areas of law and computing.
- Cyberdelic - Cyberdelic is a term used to refer to either...
- Cyberpunk - Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a future setting that tends to focus on "a combination of low life and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown or radical change in...
- Computer folklore
- Internet culture
- Research Barry Wellman www
Research by Barry Wellman and associates into social networks, Wellman, social support, virtual community, computer networks as social networks Barry Wellman.
- A Jerkcity www
A comic strip made by internet chatters, Jerkcity, for internet chatters, using an internet chat program (MS "Comic" Chat). Unintended social commentary on cyber-living. Jerkcity.
- The Contact Consortium www
The first global organization focused on inhabited virtual spaces on the Internet. Consortium. These spaces are shared in real time by thousands of users and represent a new frontier in the experience of cyberspace. Contact Consortium.
- Online The WELL www
Online community known for engaging conversation and intelligent debate. WELL. Features more than 260 conferences ranging from technical and specific to abstract and surreal. The WELL.
- A Finley's Articles www
A collection of articles by Michael Finley and others on cyberspace and cyberculture. Finley's Articles.
- A K10k www
A matrix architect's information designer lunchbox. K10k.
- Official Small Pieces Loosely Joined www
Official site of the book by David Weinberger. Pieces Loosely Joined. Includes the entire text of selected chapters, and reviews. Small Pieces Loosely Joined.
- Guide HoleWorld www
Guide to the True Underground. HoleWorld.
- A Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution www
A website and weblog about topics and issues discussed in Howard Rheingold's book Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution. Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution.
- A Electronic Literature Directory www
A comprehensive database of listings for electronic works, Literature Directory, their authors, and their publishers. Electronic Literature Directory.
- Humorous Suck.com www
Humorous articles and discussions on the daily basis. Suck.com.
- Random Gumey www
Random art, Gumey, animation, and site news. Gumey.
- Promotes Edge www
Promotes inquiry into and discussion of intellectual, Edge, philosophical, artistic, and literary issues, and works for the intellectual and social achievement of society. Edge.
- Britain's Need To Know www
Britain's most sarcastic high-tech weekly newsletter. Need To Know.
- Online The Virtual Community www
Online version of Howard Rheingold's book. The Virtual Community.
- Information Net Culture www
Information on online communities, Culture, personal pages, information on hackers and cyber-liberties, and examination the nature of online life and identity. Net Culture.
- Cyberculture Cyberbuss www
Cyberculture project that brings a virtual community of cyber freaks from 17+ different countries into the same existence. Cyberbuss. The silvery buss travels over land and through cyberspace posting virtual trips online recreating their reality and immortalizing their adventures. Cyberbuss.
- A Slackers Domain www
A place for people who love to do nothing. Slackers Domain.
- A KMFMS - Kein Mitleid Für MicroSoft www
A website devoted to Microsoft's downfall. KMFMS - Kein Mitleid Für MicroSoft.
- A WhatPort80 www
A work-safe catalog of Internet and popular culture, WhatPort80, with articles contributed by readers. WhatPort80.
- Offers PopTech www
Offers programs that bring innovators together from different fields, PopTech, to undertake collaborative social innovation projects and initiatives around the world. PopTech.
- Respects The Indie Web Manifesto www
Respects the individuals, Indie Web Manifesto, their intelligence and their privacy; it's an open forum for thoughts and debate. The Indie Web Manifesto.
- An The Psychology of Cyberspace www
An evolving conceptual framework for understanding the various psychological components of cyberspace and how people react to and behave within it. The Psychology of Cyberspace.
- Uses MkzdK 4.2 www
Uses creative web arts to look at the Cosmos and new cosmologies, 4.2, Gaia and gaian science, the Earth adventure and the life of the spirit. MkzdK 4.2.
- Multiply Temple Ov Hombres www
Multiply concatinated cultural output node. Hombres. Includes hombre profiles, cartoons, and drink recipes. Temple Ov Hombres.
- A Planet X www
A participatory self-adaptive website, X, where the content is contributed by its users. Where science fact meets science fiction. Planet X.
- A CyberPunk www
A LiveJournal community. CyberPunk. Rivet boys and rivet girls rant and moan about technology, music, conspiracies, art, and design. CyberPunk.
- The Newgrounds www
The problems of the future today and flash portal. Newgrounds. Club a Seal, Telebubby Fun Land and Pico. Newgrounds.
- Provides CyberCulture Zone www
Provides essays, Zone, organizations, e-zines and general resources related to CyberCulture. CyberCulture Zone.
- Articles, Big Fat Site www
Articles, Fat Site, reviews, fandom columns and other opinion writing. Archives include information on some video games and e-business. Big Fat Site.
- Research The Dog Museum www
Research site that is primarily concerned with how humor and humanity are conveyed online. The Dog Museum.
- Study The Internet: Behavioral and Other Impacts www
Study about how Internet/online impacts the lives of users -- Encompasses marriages, Internet: Behavioral and Other Impacts, family, friendships, health, predators, cybersex, online romance and Internet addictions -- based on a survey by AOL. The Internet: Behavioral and Other Impacts.
- Contains Cyberspace www
Contains various links to topics related to cyberspace. Cyberspace.
- Place Unreal Enterprises www
Place where the real and the virtual meet. Unreal Enterprises.
- A iStuff www
A container for the digital stuff of internet culture. iStuff.
- Articles, Online Personals Watch www
Articles, Personals Watch, news and CEO interviews from a large range of online dating sites. Online Personals Watch.
- A Internet Dating Answers www
A style site which allows users to ask and answer questions related to Internet dating and online relationship advice. Internet Dating Answers.
- Annual Gnomedex www
Annual technology convention supported by Lockergnome Inc. Gnomedex. Includes information about the keynote speakers, news updates, how to get there, online registration and discussion forums. Gnomedex.
- BBC An Explanation of l33t Speak www
BBC presents an introduction to the history and vocabulary of l33t speak. An Explanation of l33t Speak.
- Translates Transl8it www
Translates text messages to and from chat lingo. Transl8it.
- Mike Meme, Counter-meme www
Mike Godwin reflects on Godwin's Law in Wired. Meme, Counter-meme.
- Directory Memepool.com www
Directory of contributed links. Memepool.com. Also an archive and contact information. Memepool.com.
- The Wilwheaton.Net www
The actor's personal Website, Wilwheaton.Net, with journal, frequently asked questions, projects, and links. Wilwheaton.Net.
- Eternal Alex Chiu www
Eternal life device, Chiu, teleportation machine, neo-Darwinism, and space station information. Alex Chiu.
- Center Center for Internet Studies www
Center for Internet Studies at the University of Washington examines the relationship between the Internet and global society. for Internet Studies. The Center is an international resource for business, government, and academic communities. Center for Internet Studies.
- An RCCS: Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies www
An online, Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies, not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to research, study, teach, support, and create diverse and dynamic elements of cyberculture. RCCS: Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies.
- Online Subkultures.net www
Online community for people who don't feel part of the mainstream. Subkultures.net. Hosts sites for individuals. Subkultures.net.
- Virtual Mind Space www
Virtual community formed to discuss a sustainable future, Space, reality selection, surrounding philosophies, cyber culture, literature, alternative lifestyles and viewpoints, freedom of information, music, and psychedelics. Mind Space.
- Alexa: Cyberculture Subcultures
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Cyberculture Subcultures
- DMOZ: Cyberculture Subcultures
dmoz.org Directory: Cyberculture Subcultures