Sikhism is an ethical monotheism fusing elements of Hinduism and Islam. It was founded by Guru Nanak (1469-1539), a mystic who believed that God transcends religious distinctions. Sikhism stresses the unity, truth, and creativity of a personal God and urges union with him through meditation and surrender to his will. It rejects the Hindu caste system, priesthood, image worship, asceticism, and pilgrimage, although it retains the Hindu doctrines of transmigration and karma. The ultimate spiritual authority is the Adi Granth, a collection of hymns and devotional poetry. The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the religious center. Sikhism Religion and Spirituality Society.
Sikhism is based on the spiritual teachings of Guru Nanak, the first Guru, and the ten successive Sikh gurus. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Sikhism, or Sikhi ', from Sikh, meaning a "disciple", or a "learner", is a religion that originated in the Punjab region of the Indian subcontinent about the end of the 15th century. It is one of the youngest of the major world religions. The fundamental beliefs of Sikhism, articulated in the sacred scripture Guru Granth Sahib, include constant spiritual meditation of God's name, being guided by the Guru instead of yielding to capriciousness of mind or psyche, living a householder's life instead of monasticism, truthful action to dharam, being of selfless service to others, equality of all human beings, and believing in God's grace. In the early 21st century there were nearly 25 million Sikhs worldwide, the great majority of them living in the Indian state of Punjab.
- Sikhism Category
- Nankana Sahib - Nankana Sahib is a city and capital of Nankana Sahib District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is named after the first Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak, who was born in the city and first began preaching here.
- Sikh - A Sikh is a follower of Sikhism, a monotheistic religion which originated during the 15th century in the Punjab region of the Indian subcontinent. The term "Sikh" has its origin in the Sanskrit words ????? or ?????.
- Panj Pyare - Panj Pyare, is the name collectively given to the five Sikh men, Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Dharam Singh, Bhai Himmat Singh, Bhai Mohkam Singh and Bhai Sahib Singh by Guru Gobind Singh at the historic divan at Anandpur Sahib on 14 April 1699.
- Sach Khand - Sach Khand is a term used in Sikhism to denote an individual's union with God.
- Five Virtues - In Sikhism, the Five Virtues are fundamental qualities which one should develop in order to reach Mukti, or to reunite or merge with God. The Sikh Gurus taught that these positive human qualities were Sat, Daya, Santokh, Nimrata, and Pyaar.
- Five Thieves - In Sikhism, the Five Thieves are the five major weaknesses of the human personality at variance with its spiritual essence, and are known as "thieves" because they steal a person's common sense. These five thieves are kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and ahankar.
- Indian religions
- Sikhnet www
Cybercommunity offers gurbani audio clips, Sikhnet, live events, news, chat, job advertisements, online shopping, and photographs.
- Sikhism - Thy Name is Love and Sacrifice www
Contains quotations, - Thy Name is Love and Sacrifice, divine wisdom, selective life samples from gurus, video and audio.
- Some Memories of Guru Gobind Singh Ji www
Some information about Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Memories of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- Sandeep Sikhs.org www
Sandeep Singh Brar's view on the philosophy, Sikhs.org, development and way of life of Sikhism. Also included is information on scriptures, audio prayers, glossary of terms, and alphabets. Sikhs.org.
- Information Fort: Panth Khalsa www
Information about famous Sikhs, Panth Khalsa, the Sikh Code of conduct, and articles relating to the Panth. Fort: Panth Khalsa.
- Provides Sikh Zone www
Provides information on Sikhism, Zone, its principles, Sikh Gurus, Gurdwaras and other articles. Sikh Zone.
- Learn Khalsa Camp www
Learn about the camp organized in UK for furthering the knowledge of Gurbani. Khalsa Camp.
- With GuruGobindSingh.net www
With different channels gives facility to interact with community through forums, GuruGobindSingh.net, articles, and news. GuruGobindSingh.net.
- Features 300 Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary www
Features greeting cards, Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary, videos, articles on Sri Guru Granth Sahib. 300 Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary.
- Information Sikhworld.co.uk www
Information on Sikhism, Sikhworld.co.uk, Sikh Gurus, symbols, history, and ceremonies. Sikhworld.co.uk.
- A Sikhpoint www
A sikh community portal with resources like matrimonials, Sikhpoint, egreetings, jobs, daily hukamnama, radio and other related services. Sikhpoint.
- Miniature Sikh Art Paintings for Sale www
Miniature Paintings for sale. Art Paintings for Sale. Descriptions and story of pictures. Sikh Art Paintings for Sale.
- A SikhPhotos.com www
A Gallery of Unique Sikh Art. SikhPhotos.com. Photographs and paintings of the Golden Temple, Sikh Gurus and other subjects that can be viewed and purchased. SikhPhotos.com.
- Sells GurbaniSewa.com www
Sells a CD pertaining to pronunciation and recitation of gurbani. GurbaniSewa.com.
- List Sarab Sanjhi Gurbani www
List of the Audio cassettes from this company, Sanjhi Gurbani, you may also place orders. Sarab Sanjhi Gurbani.
- Imparts Sikh Videos - Melodious Gurbani Kirtan www
Imparts Sikh Education through Videos. Videos - Melodious Gurbani Kirtan. Includes indepth discourses full of Divine Knowledge and Wisdom on various aspects of Sikh Religion. Sikh Videos - Melodious Gurbani Kirtan.
- A Shabad Kirtan Network www
A collection of Audio Shabads and Stories, Kirtan Network, also covers important audio sites from around the Internet. Shabad Kirtan Network.
- State-wise Gurdwara.US www
State-wise listing of Sikh Gurdwaras in USA Gurdwara.US.
- Gurudwara Global Gurudwara Database www
Gurudwara listings from around the world with RSS Feed. Gurudwara Database. Searchable database of Gurudwaras. Global Gurudwara Database.
- Articles Sikh Lionz www
Articles on the history of the Sikh faith. Sikh Lionz.
- Literature Sikh Religion Online www
Literature related to the history of Sikhism and the formation of the Khalsa Panth. Sikh Religion Online.
- The Sant Sipahi www
The Oldest Panthic Magazine. Sant Sipahi.
- In-Depth Sikh News Network www
In-Depth Coverage of Issues Concerning the Global Sikh Community. Sikh News Network.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Alexa: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality