Sikhism is an ethical monotheism fusing elements of Hinduism and Islam. It was founded by Guru Nanak (1469-1539), a mystic who believed that God transcends religious distinctions. Sikhism stresses the unity, truth, and creativity of a personal God and urges union with him through meditation and surrender to his will. It rejects the Hindu caste system, priesthood, image worship, asceticism, and pilgrimage, although it retains the Hindu doctrines of transmigration and karma. The ultimate spiritual authority is the Adi Granth, a collection of hymns and devotional poetry. The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the religious center. Sikhism Religion and Spirituality Society.
Sikhism is based on the spiritual teachings of Guru Nanak, the first Guru, and the ten successive Sikh gurus. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Sikhism, or Sikhi ', from Sikh, meaning a "disciple", or a "learner", is a monotheistic dharmic religion that originated in the Punjab region of the Indian subcontinent about the end of the 15th century. It is one of the youngest of the major world religions, and the fifth-largest. The fundamental beliefs of Sikhism, articulated in the sacred scripture Guru Granth Sahib, include faith and meditation on the name of the one creator, divine unity and equality of all humankind, engaging in selfless service, striving for social justice for the benefit and prosperity of all, and honest conduct and livelihood while living a householder's life. In the early 21st century there were nearly 25 million Sikhs worldwide, the great majority of them living in Punjab, the Sikh homeland in northwest India, and about 2 million living in neighboring Indian states, formerly part of the Punjab.
- Sikhism Category
- Nankana Sahib - Nankana Sahib is a city and capital of Nankana Sahib District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is named after the first Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak, who was born in the city and first began preaching here.
- Sikh - A Sikh is a person associated with Sikhism, a monotheistic religion that originated in the 15th century based on the revelation of Guru Nanak. The term "Sikh" has its origin in the Sanskrit words ?????, meaning a disciple, or a student.
- Panj Pyare - Panj Pyare, is the name collectively given to the five Sikh men, Bhai Dhaya Singh, Bhai Dharam Singh, Bhai Himmat Singh, Bhai Mohkam Singh and Bhai Sahib Singh by Guru Gobind Singh at the historic divan Anandpur Sahib on 14 April 1699.
- Sach Khand - Sach Khand is a term used in Sikhism to denote an individual's union with God.
- Five Virtues - In Sikhism, the Five Virtues are fundamental qualities which one should develop in order to reach Mukti, or to reunite or merge with God. The Sikh Gurus taught that these positive human qualities were Sat, Daya, Santokh, Nimrata, and Pyaar.
- Five Thieves - In Sikhi, the Five Thieves are the five major weaknesses of the human personality at variance with its spiritual essence, and are known as "thieves" because they steal a person's common sense. These five thieves are kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and ahankar.
- Indian religions
- Sikhism - Thy Name is Love and Sacrifice www
Contains quotations, - Thy Name is Love and Sacrifice, divine wisdom, selective life samples from gurus, video and audio.
- Sikhnet www
Cybercommunity offers gurbani audio clips, Sikhnet, live events, news, chat, job advertisements, online shopping, and photographs.
- Provides Sikh Zone www
Provides information on Sikhism, Zone, its principles, Sikh Gurus, Gurdwaras and other articles. Sikh Zone.
- Features 300 Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary www
Features greeting cards, Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary, videos, articles on Sri Guru Granth Sahib. 300 Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary.
- A Sikhpoint www
A sikh community portal with resources like matrimonials, Sikhpoint, egreetings, jobs, daily hukamnama, radio and other related services. Sikhpoint.
- Information Fort: Panth Khalsa www
Information about famous Sikhs, Panth Khalsa, the Sikh Code of conduct, and articles relating to the Panth. Fort: Panth Khalsa.
- Sandeep Sikhs.org www
Sandeep Singh Brar's view on the philosophy, Sikhs.org, development and way of life of Sikhism. Also included is information on scriptures, audio prayers, glossary of terms, and alphabets. Sikhs.org.
- Learn Khalsa Camp www
Learn about the camp organized in UK for furthering the knowledge of Gurbani. Khalsa Camp.
- Information Sikhworld.co.uk www
Information on Sikhism, Sikhworld.co.uk, Sikh Gurus, symbols, history, and ceremonies. Sikhworld.co.uk.
- Some Memories of Guru Gobind Singh Ji www
Some information about Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Memories of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- With GuruGobindSingh.net www
With different channels gives facility to interact with community through forums, GuruGobindSingh.net, articles, and news. GuruGobindSingh.net.
- Find Sikh Heritage www
Find out more about the Sikh religion and its contributions to the cause of humanitarianism, Heritage, arts, and culture. Sikh Heritage.
- Miniature Sikh Art Paintings for Sale www
Miniature Paintings for sale. Art Paintings for Sale. Descriptions and story of pictures. Sikh Art Paintings for Sale.
- Sells GurbaniSewa.com www
Sells a CD pertaining to pronunciation and recitation of gurbani. GurbaniSewa.com.
- List Sarab Sanjhi Gurbani www
List of the Audio cassettes from this company, Sanjhi Gurbani, you may also place orders. Sarab Sanjhi Gurbani.
- Royalty-free iKirtan.com www
Royalty-free Sikh hymns in audio and video format categorized by artist name. iKirtan.com.
- Audio Say Sat Sri Akal www
Audio files and small poetic descriptions of sikhism concepts. Say Sat Sri Akal.
- Gurudwara Global Gurudwara Database www
Gurudwara listings from around the world with RSS Feed. Gurudwara Database. Searchable database of Gurudwaras. Global Gurudwara Database.
- List Gurdwara Listings www
List of Gurdwaras around the whole world Gurdwara Listings.
- Topics Kamat's Potpourri www
Topics on Sikh history and culture; includes a number of pictures and a timeline Kamat's Potpourri.
- Articles Sikh Lionz www
Articles on the history of the Sikh faith. Sikh Lionz.
- Non-profit Panthic Weekly www
Non-profit Sikh news publication run by the Khalsa Press, Weekly, providing Panthic oriented news and information. Panthic Weekly.
- The Sant Sipahi www
The Oldest Panthic Magazine. Sant Sipahi.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Alexa: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Sikhism Religion and Spirituality