Morality Religion and Spirituality Society.
Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Morality is the differentiation of intentions, decisions and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper. Morality can be a body of standards or principles derived from a code of conduct from a particular philosophy, religion or culture, or it can derive from a standard that a person believes should be universal. Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness".
- Morality Category
- Appeal to tradition - Appeal to tradition is an argument in which a thesis is deemed correct on the basis that it is correlated with some past or present tradition. The appeal takes the form of "this is right because we've always done it this way."
- Buddhist ethics - Buddhist ethics are traditionally based on what Buddhists view as the enlightened perspective of the Buddha, or other enlightened beings such as Bodhisattvas. The Indian term for ethics or morality used in Buddhism is ??la or s?la.
- Christian ethics - Christian ethics is a branch of Christian theology that defines virtuous behavior and wrong behavior from a Christian perspective. Systematic theological study of Christian ethics is called moral theology, possibly with the name of the respective theological tradition, e.g. Catholic moral theology.
- Ethical dilemma - An ethical dilemma or ethical paradox is a decision-making problem between two possible moral imperatives, neither of which is unambiguously acceptable or preferable. The complexity arises out of the situational conflict in which obeying one would result in transgressing another.
- Good and evil - In religion, ethics, philosophy, and psychology "good and evil" is a very common dichotomy. In cultures with Manichaean and Abrahamic religious influence, evil is usually perceived as the dualistic antagonistic opposite of good, in which good should prevail and evil should be defeated.
- Index of ethics articles - This Index of ethics articles puts articles relevant to well-known ethical debates and decisions in one place - including practical problems long known in philosophy, and the more abstract subjects in law, politics, and some professions and sciences.
- About Sociobiology: Evolution, Genes and Morality www
About sociobiology, Evolution, Genes and Morality, which claims to explain the origin and meaning of all human and animal social behavior in terms of genetics and natural selection. Sociobiology: Evolution, Genes and Morality.
- A On the Principles of Political Morality www
A speech given by Maximilien Robespierre in February 1794. On the Principles of Political Morality.
- Says Morality, Justice, and Judicial Moralism www
Says the worst edict that can possibly be imagined is the edict that permits liberty of conscience, Justice, and Judicial Moralism, the worst thing in the world. An essay on the relativity of ethics, morals, and conscience without a common basis. Morality, Justice, and Judicial Moralism.
- Research Moral Issues www
Research articles and other essays regarding character education in the United States and Japan. Issues. Information about topics such as teenage pregnancy and school crime. Moral Issues.
- Help GoodHumans Guidelines www
Help define what it means to be a good human being. Guidelines. Check out our in-depth rating system and get a measurement of your goodness. You can learn how to become a GoodHuman and help us define what that is. GoodHumans Guidelines.
- The OneLife www
The relationship between evolution, OneLife, genetics, morality, ethics, psychology, education, and culture. OneLife.
- Is Morality by R. P. Nettelhorst www
Is morality absolute and universal? Along the lines of the laws of physics? Morality by R. P. Nettelhorst.
- News, Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly www
News, & Ethics NewsWeekly, information, transcripts and forum related to PBS television series on religious and ethical issues. Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly.
- How Individual Choice, Morality and Free Will? www
How cognitive psychologists explain the more complex human behaviours such as individual beliefs, Choice, Morality and Free Will?, morality, choice and free will. Individual Choice, Morality and Free Will?.
- An Bill Clinton's Morality www
An editorial on the moral decline, Clinton's Morality, or redefinition or morality in the political world. Bill Clinton's Morality.
- How World Scripture - Good And Evil www
How can we define what is good and what is evil? Touches upon several religious backgrounds for thoughts on good and evil. World Scripture - Good And Evil.
- Comparative World Scripture - War Against Evil www
Comparative discussion of Sacred texts on the subject of evil. World Scripture - War Against Evil.
- An Recognising Good and Evil www
An explanation how good and evil are distinguished. Recognising Good and Evil.
- Interfaith Morality in Media www
Interfaith organization established in 1962 to combat obscenity and uphold decency standards in the media. Media. It maintains the National Obscenity Law Center. Morality in Media.
- Chart Religion and Sexual Ethics www
Chart showing the positions of several major religions regarding sexuality issues. Religion and Sexual Ethics.
- ReligiousTolerance.org Abortion: All Sides of the Issue www
ReligiousTolerance. All Sides of the Issue.org site describes the issues and various religious and ethical perspectives. Abortion: All Sides of the Issue.
- Effective Abortion and Ethics www
Effective meta-site containing facilitated access to relevant articles, and Ethics, books, court decisions, and current news articles. Biographical guide, discussion forum, Internet resources. Abortion and Ethics.
- An Are God and Ethics Inseparable or Incompatible? www
An in depth treatment of the moral argument for God and the meta-ethical argument for atheism. God and Ethics Inseparable or Incompatible?. Are God and Ethics Inseparable or Incompatible?.
- Joe The Relativity of Biblical Ethics www
Joe Edward Barnhard argues that the Bible itself exemplifies moral relativism. The Relativity of Biblical Ethics.
- The Golden Rules of Buddhism www
The too prevalent ignorance among even adult Sinhalese Buddhists of the ethical code of their religion lead H. Rules of Buddhism.S. Olcott to issue this little compilation. It consists of quotes from Therevada sources on daily life, organized by topic. Golden Rules of Buddhism.
- A Buddhism and Medical Ethics www
A bibliographic introduction. Buddhism and Medical Ethics.
- An Writings on Christian Nonresistance and Pacifism from Anabaptist-Mennonite Sources. www
An extensive links page of pacifist resources. Writings on Christian Nonresistance and Pacifism from Anabaptist-Mennonite Sources..
- When Christianity and Pacifism www
When a nation is attacked, and Pacifism, as the US was on September 11, 2001, what is the proper response by Christians? Christianity and Pacifism.
- Four-part On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying www
Four-part PBS series by television journalist Bill Moyers that focuses on end-of-life care in the U. Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying.S. On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying.
- Campaign Last Acts www
Campaign to improve care of the dying by coalition of healthcare professional and consumer organizations. Acts. News and discussion on death and dying, reports on palliative care, resource directory, free publications, and e-mail newsletter provided. Last Acts.
- Blog It's Ethics, Stupid! www
Blog by Jim Lichtman addresses current issues. It's Ethics, Stupid!.
- Complete Justice with Michael Sandel www
Complete video of Michael Sandel's 'Justice: What's The Right Thing To Do?' course on ethics at Harvard University. with Michael Sandel. Includes episode guide, readings, discussion circle and press releases along with his biography and 2009 Reith lectures. Justice with Michael Sandel.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Alexa: Morality Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Morality Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Morality Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Morality Religion and Spirituality