Morality Religion and Spirituality Society.
Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Morality is the differentiation of intentions, decisions and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper. Morality can be a body of standards or principles derived from a code of conduct from a particular philosophy, religion or culture, or it can derive from a standard that a person believes should be universal. Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness".
- Morality Category
- Appeal to tradition - Appeal to tradition is an argument in which a thesis is deemed correct on the basis that it is correlated with some past or present tradition. The appeal takes the form of "this is right because we've always done it this way."
- Buddhist ethics - Buddhist ethics are traditionally based on what Buddhists view as the enlightened perspective of the Buddha, or other enlightened beings such as Bodhisattvas. The Indian term for ethics or morality used in Buddhism is ??la or s?la.
- Christian ethics - Christian ethics is a branch of Christian theology that defines virtuous behavior and wrong behavior from a Christian perspective. Systematic theological study of Christian ethics is called moral theology.
- Ethical dilemma - An ethical dilemma or ethical paradox is a decision-making problem between two possible moral imperatives, neither of which is unambiguously acceptable or preferable. The complexity arises out of the situational conflict in which obeying one would result in transgressing another.
- Good and evil - In religion, ethics, philosophy, and psychology "good and evil" is a very common dichotomy. In cultures with Manichaean and Abrahamic religious influence, evil is usually perceived as the dualistic antagonistic opposite of good, in which good should prevail and evil should be defeated.
- Ideology - Ideology is a comprehensive set of normative beliefs, conscious and unconscious ideas, that an individual, group or society has.
- A On the Principles of Political Morality www
A speech given by Maximilien Robespierre in February 1794. On the Principles of Political Morality.
- Interfaith Morality in Media www
Interfaith organization established in 1962 to combat obscenity and uphold decency standards in the media. Media. It maintains the National Obscenity Law Center. Morality in Media.
- News, Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly www
News, & Ethics NewsWeekly, information, transcripts and forum related to PBS television series on religious and ethical issues. Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly.
- Says Morality, Justice, and Judicial Moralism www
Says the worst edict that can possibly be imagined is the edict that permits liberty of conscience, Justice, and Judicial Moralism, the worst thing in the world. An essay on the relativity of ethics, morals, and conscience without a common basis. Morality, Justice, and Judicial Moralism.
- Chart Religion and Sexual Ethics www
Chart showing the positions of several major religions regarding sexuality issues. Religion and Sexual Ethics.
- The OneLife www
The relationship between evolution, OneLife, genetics, morality, ethics, psychology, education, and culture. OneLife.
- An Bill Clinton's Morality www
An editorial on the moral decline, Clinton's Morality, or redefinition or morality in the political world. Bill Clinton's Morality.
- Comparative World Scripture - War Against Evil www
Comparative discussion of Sacred texts on the subject of evil. World Scripture - War Against Evil.
- Research Moral Issues www
Research articles and other essays regarding character education in the United States and Japan. Issues. Information about topics such as teenage pregnancy and school crime. Moral Issues.
- Is Morality by R. P. Nettelhorst www
Is morality absolute and universal? Along the lines of the laws of physics? Morality by R. P. Nettelhorst.
- An Recognising Good and Evil www
An explanation how good and evil are distinguished. Recognising Good and Evil.
- How Individual Choice, Morality and Free Will? www
How cognitive psychologists explain the more complex human behaviours such as individual beliefs, Choice, Morality and Free Will?, morality, choice and free will. Individual Choice, Morality and Free Will?.
- How World Scripture - Good And Evil www
How can we define what is good and what is evil? Touches upon several religious backgrounds for thoughts on good and evil. World Scripture - Good And Evil.
- Help GoodHumans Guidelines www
Help define what it means to be a good human being. Guidelines. Check out our in-depth rating system and get a measurement of your goodness. You can learn how to become a GoodHuman and help us define what that is. GoodHumans Guidelines.
- About Sociobiology: Evolution, Genes and Morality www
About sociobiology, Evolution, Genes and Morality, which claims to explain the origin and meaning of all human and animal social behavior in terms of genetics and natural selection. Sociobiology: Evolution, Genes and Morality.
- News, Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion www
News, Policy Issues: Abortion, background information, and links on abortion policy, including Roe v. Wade, RU-486, fetal tissue research, and related issues. Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion.
- Article Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States www
Article on the history of abortion in the United States, History of Abortion in the United States, plus links to further information on abortion in the US and around the world. Includes prochoice and prolife links. Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States.
- Scientific The Biological Basis of Morality www
Scientific fact sheds light on age-old ethical questions. Biological Basis of Morality. An article by Edward O. Wilson. The Biological Basis of Morality.
- An Are God and Ethics Inseparable or Incompatible? www
An in depth treatment of the moral argument for God and the meta-ethical argument for atheism. God and Ethics Inseparable or Incompatible?. Are God and Ethics Inseparable or Incompatible?.
- An Buddhist Precepts www
An explanation of the Precepts by Robert Aitken Roshi. Buddhist Precepts.
- The Lay Morality www
The Buddhist perspective of morality is given in a nutshell in the little Pali verse. Morality. "Sabba papassa akaranam - kusalassa upasampada sachitta pariyodapanam - etam buddhanu sasanam" "To keep away from all evil, cultivate good, and purify one's mind is the advice of all Buddhas." Lay Morality.
- Article Right and Wrong in the Christian Context www
Article about the definition of ethics, and Wrong in the Christian Context, Christian basis of morality, and free will, from a Catholic perspective. Right and Wrong in the Christian Context.
- Sermons Spirit of Hosea Audio Archive www
Sermons and radio broadcasts about marriage, Hosea Audio Archive, divorce, and remarriage. Spirit of Hosea Audio Archive.
- Discusses Responding to Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State www
Discusses the withdrawal of food and fluids from PVS patients without other complicating conditions from a Christian viewpoint. Responding to Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State.
- End-of-life End-of-life Care www
End-of-life issues - meeting the physical, Care, psychological, social, spiritual, and practical needs of terminally ill patients and their caregivers. End-of-life Care.
- Printed The Journal of Ethics www
Printed journal devoted to this branch of philosophy. The Journal of Ethics.
- Founded European Ethics Network www
Founded to improve interaction and cooperation among ethicists. Ethics Network. Compiles research and education reports in professional ethics. European Ethics Network.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Alexa: Morality Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Morality Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Morality Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Morality Religion and Spirituality