Meditation is a practice with wide reaching roots in many religions as well as general health and stress reduction. Although meditation often has connections to faiths or belief systems, these are not necessary and indeed can be misleading. Meditation does not require a teacher, guru or specific faith any more than it should be limited by having any of these things. Meditation Religion and Spirituality Society.
Meditation is a practice where an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or for the mind to simply acknowledge its content without becoming identified with that content, or as an end in itself. (wikipedia)
- Meditation Meditation can be defined as a practice where an individual focuses his or her mind on a...
- Mantra A sacred utterance, a numinous sound, a syllable, word or phonemes, or group of words in Sanskrit...
- Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation refers to a specific form of silent mantra meditation called the...
- Buddhist meditation Buddhist meditation refers to the meditative practices of Buddhism and Buddhist philosophy.
- Meditation (writing) A written work or a discourse intended to express its author's reflections, or to guide others in...
- The Meditations A reggae vocal harmony group from Jamaica formed in late 1974.
- Brain activity and meditation Meditation and its effect on brain activity and the central nervous system became a focus of...
- An Meditation www
An article By Dr Tom J. Meditation. Chalko explaining the process and stressing the need for a spiritual teacher. Meditation.
- Promotes The Prem Rawat Foundation www
Promotes and disseminates the speeches, Prem Rawat Foundation, writings, music, art, and public forums of Prem Rawat. The Prem Rawat Foundation.
- Information Erowid Meditation Vault www
Information and links about various methods of meditation. Erowid Meditation Vault.
- About Intuition in Service www
About the independent, Service, non-profit programme to help in the awakening of the intuition, and highlight its role in the creation of a better world, through meditation and prayer. Intuition in Service.
- An Learn To Meditate www
An overview of the different types of Meditation. Learn To Meditate.
- An Wikipedia: Meditation www
An introduction to different traditions, Meditation, forms, techniques, and benefits. Includes links to other resources. Wikipedia: Meditation.
- Offers Meditation Expert www
Offers books regarding a melding of Eastern and Western teachings on meditation techniques, Expert, stages of spiritual growth, metaphysical phenomena, and personal development. Meditation Expert.
- Lists Meditation Society of Australia www
Lists meditation groups in Australia. Society of Australia. Also offers downloads, a forum, shopping, and an online meditation course. Meditation Society of Australia.
- Provides Meditation is Easy www
Provides knowledge of meditation in a simple language. Easy. Includes a collection of meditation techniques and various tips for stress-free life. Meditation is Easy.
- Describes Learn To Meditate www
Describes the technique and its benefits, Meditate, and provides a reading list. Learn To Meditate.
- Instruction BuddhaNet's Loving-Kindness Meditation www
Instruction in Loving Kindness meditation. BuddhaNet's Loving-Kindness Meditation.
- Wildmind Wildmind Online Meditation Lessons www
Wildmind provides a complete guide to simple meditation techniques. Wildmind Online Meditation Lessons.
- Find GoSit.org: Independent Meditation Center Guide www
Find the meditation center you are looking for and share reviews with others. Independent Meditation Center Guide. Listing Non-sectarian, Theravada, Mahayana, Tibetan, Zen, Vipassana, and other varieties of retreat centers. Also share comments on meditation books. GoSit.org: Independent Meditation Center Guide.
- Provides The Mercy Site www
Provides links, Mercy Site, resources and teaching on comtemplative prayer according to Romans 8:26. Geared toward Evangelical Christians. The Mercy Site.
- A Join My Journey www
A new reflection uploaded every day, Journey, based on the Liturgy of the Word from the Catholic Mass. Join My Journey.
- Features Caltech Falun Club www
Features an online library and free information downloads. Caltech Falun Club.
- Comprehensive Falun Dafa Information Center www
Comprehensive monitoring of the situation regarding Falun Dafa in China. Falun Dafa Information Center.
- A Considering Islam www
A discussion of the relevance of Muslim daily prayers as a meditative device. Considering Islam.
- Meditation Islamic Voice: Does Islam Permit Meditation www
Meditation in Islam is discussed in contrast to meditation in some eastern religions. Islamic Voice: Does Islam Permit Meditation.
- Psycho-spiritual Meaningful Life www
Psycho-spiritual lessons by Rabbi Simon Jacobson in achieving a more meaningful life according to the mystical teachings of Kabbalah and Chassidut. Meaningful Life.
- The Lessons in Tanya www
The Tanya of Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi elucidated by Rabbi Yosef Wineberg. Lessons in Tanya.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Alexa: Meditation Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Meditation Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Meditation Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Meditation Religion and Spirituality