Religious culture of the Jews, one of the world's oldest religious traditions. Premodern Judaism constituted (and traditional Judaism today constitutes) an integrated cultural system of Jewish law, custom, and practice encompassing the totality of individual and communal existence. It is a system of sanctification in which all is to be subsumed under G-d's rule. Judaism Religion and Spirituality Society.
Jews are an ethnoreligious group and include those born Jewish and converts to Judaism. In 2015, the world Jewish population was estimated at about 14. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Judaism is the religion of the Jewish people. It is an ancient, monotheistic, Abrahamic religion with the Torah as its foundational text. It encompasses the religion, philosophy and culture of the Jewish people. Judaism is considered by religious Jews to be the expression of the covenant that God established with the Children of Israel. Judaism includes a wide corpus of texts, practices, theological positions, and forms of organization. The Torah is part of the larger text known as the Tanakh or the Hebrew Bible, and supplemental oral tradition represented by later texts such as the Midrash and the Talmud. With between 14.5 and 17.4 million adherents worldwide, Judaism is the tenth largest religion in the world.
- Judaism Category
- Anti-Judaism - Anti-Judaism is the "total or partial opposition to Judaism?and to Jews as adherents of it?by persons who accept a competing system of beliefs and practices and consider certain genuine Judaic beliefs and practices as inferior."
- Criticism of Judaism - Criticism of Judaism refers to criticism of Jewish religious doctrines, texts, laws and practices. Early criticism originated in inter-faith polemics between Christianity and Judaism. Important disputations in the Middle Ages gave rise to widely publicized criticisms.
- Frankism - Frankism was a Jewish religious movement of the 18th and 19th centuries, centered on the leadership of the Jewish Messiah claimant Jacob Frank, who lived from 1726 to 1791. At its height it claimed perhaps 500,000 followers, primarily Jews living in Poland and other parts of Eastern Europe.
- Jewish assimilation - Jewish assimilation refers to the gradual cultural assimilation and social integration of Jews in their surrounding culture as well as the ideological program promoting conformity as a potential solution to historic Jewish marginalization in the age of emancipation.
- Jewish culture - Jewish culture is the culture of the Jewish people from the formation of the Jewish nation in biblical times through life in the diaspora and the modern state of Israel. Judaism guides its adherents in both practice and belief, so that it has been called not only a religion, but an orthopraxy.
- Jewish views of religious pluralism
- Abrahamic religions
- Ethnic religion
- Monotheistic religions
- World of Jewish Art www
This guide to Jewish art explains the significance behind commonly used Judaica items, Jewish Art, the technologies and materials used to create these objects, and shows items made by Israeli Judaic artists.
- Comprehensive Chabad.org www
Comprehensive guide to Judaism, Chabad.org, daily Torah lectures and Jewish insights. Chabad.org.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Judaism www
Encyclopedia article containing detailed information on principles of faith, Judaism, history, philosophy, prayer, law, clergy, denominations, and relationships with other religions. Wikipedia: Judaism.
- Review BBC Online: Judaism www
Review of the religion, Online: Judaism, its ethics and history. BBC Online: Judaism.
- A The Referenced Messianic Jewish Review www
A review of the Christian origin and continuing support of Messianic Jewish organizations. The Referenced Messianic Jewish Review.
- International Outreach Judaism www
International organization that responds to missionary and 'messianic Jewish' groups by exploring Judaism in contradistinction to Christianity. Outreach Judaism.
- Eitan Eitan Erell's Gallery www
Eitan Erell crafts original jewelry and judaica to express biblical themes and aspects of Jewish tradition. Erell's Gallery. Also showcases drawings, designs and Hebrew poems. Eitan Erell's Gallery.
- A Ask Jewish America www
A forum to ask your questions on Judaism. Ask Jewish America.
- Any Ask the Sofer www
Any questions related to the scribal arts, the Sofer, Torah scrolls, tefillin and mezuzahs. Ask the Sofer.
- A A Guide to Brit Milah/Bris Milah www
A Guide to Brit Milah/Bris Milah.
- Guide Brit Milah www
Guide to the Brit Milah. Brit Milah.
- A Camp L'man Achai - Andes, NY www
A Jewish overnight camp for boys ages 8 - 16. L'man Achai - Andes, NY. Located in upstate NY, featuring Sports, Games, Trips and lots of fun. Campers learn about the Jewish holidays and traditions in a fun interactive way. Camp L'man Achai - Andes, NY.
- List Camp Ramah: National Ramah Commission www
List of North American day and overnight camps, Ramah: National Ramah Commission, and Israel programs, run by the Conservative Jewish movement. Includes letters from campers, information about jobs, and alumni association. Camp Ramah: National Ramah Commission.
- Online CampusJews.com www
Online forum for Jewish students. CampusJews.com.
- Chat AskMoses.com www
Chat live with a Rabbi or Chabad representatives online twenty four hours a day, AskMoses.com, six days a week. AskMoses.com.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Alexa: Judaism Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Judaism Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Judaism Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Judaism Religion and Spirituality