The term Gnosticism is derived from the Greek term "gnosis" which means "to know," and is the root of many English words (dia-gno-sis, kno-wledge, i-gno-re). Gnosticism refers to an exceptionally wide variety of groups who seek "Gnosis," or direct, spiritual knowledge, as opposed to those groups who rely exclusively on belief. The term Gnosis or Gnosticism has been used in spiritual teachings for unknown centuries. It was used in early Greek philosophy and expressed the foundation of the Greek Mystery Schools, yet it is still debated today which came first: the Greek "Gnosis" or the Sanskrit "Jnana," a term commonly associated with Jnana Yoga, or the path of the knowledge of the divine, whose age and origin is unknown. Gnosticism Religion and Spirituality Society.
Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός gnostikos, "having knowledge", from γνῶσις gnōsis , knowledge) is a modern term categorizing a collection of ancient religions whose adherents shunned the material world – which they viewed as created by the demiurge – and embraced the spiritual world. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Gnosticism is a modern name for a variety of ancient religious ideas and systems, originating in Jewish-Christian milieus in the first and second century AD. These systems believed that the material world is created by an emanation of the highest God, trapping the divine spark within the human body. This divine spark could be liberated by gnosis. Some of the core teachings include the following...
- Gnosticism Category
- Mithras - Mithraism, also known as the Mithraic mysteries, was a mystery religion centered around the god Mithras that was practised in the Roman Empire from about the 1st to the 4th century CE. The religion was inspired by Persian worship of the god Mithra, though the Greek Mithras was linked to a new and...
- The Esoteric Character of the Gospels - The Esoteric Character of the Gospels is an article published in three parts: in November-December 1887, and in February 1888, in the theosophical magazine Lucifer; it was written by Helena Blavatsky. It was included in the 8th volume of the author's Collected Writings.
- A Metareligion: Gnosticism www
A resource for many views of Gnosticism. Gnosticism. Includes articles and links. Metareligion: Gnosticism.
- An Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Gnosticism www
An article describing Gnosticism from a philosophical point of view. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Gnosticism.
- Broadcasting Live365 - Gnostic Radio www
Broadcasting Gnostic Lectures on internet radio. Live365 - Gnostic Radio.
- A Gnostic Store www
A non-profit resource for books and other items useful in the Gnostic tradition of Samael Aun Weor. Gnostic Store.
- The Wikipedia - Monad www
The Gnostic concept of the Monad. Wikipedia - Monad.
- Broadcasting Gnostic Radio www
Broadcasting free lectures and podcasts about Gnosis: meditation, Radio, alchemy, tantra, esoteric psychology, and the practical science required to free the soul from suffering. Gnostic Radio.
- Article Wikipedia - Gnosticism www
Article on the nature, Gnosticism, history, structure and terms used in Wikipedia - Gnosticism.
- Huge Gnostic Teachings www
Huge site features free online courses, Teachings, audio lectures, books, articles, lectures, videos, forums, and gnostic glossary. Gnostic Teachings.
- A Valentianism - Wikipedia www
A religious doctrine named after Valentinius, Wikipedia, a Roman theologian who lived circa 2nd century, and defied Christian orthodoxy, in order to follow Gnosticism. Valentianism - Wikipedia.
- Offers Jacob Boehme Resources www
Offers online transcriptions of the works of Jacob Boehme. Jacob Boehme Resources.
- Zostrianos, Zostrianos -- The Nag Hammadi Library www
Zostrianos, The Nag Hammadi Library, from Zostrianos -- The Nag Hammadi Library.
- Rare Mandaean Gnostic Texts www
Rare Mandaean Gnostic texts. Mandaean Gnostic Texts.
- Defining The Sabbatarian Network www
Defining the Sabbatarian doctines on Yahshua, Sabbatarian Network, Yahweh, the Holy Spirit, the nature of Yahweh, the Sabbath, and other Biblical issues. The Sabbatarian Network.
- site Divine science - the site of the superior knowledge www
site related to religion, science - the site of the superior knowledge, esoterism, hercolubus, alcohol and drugs, the cure of the vice, astral projection, experience out of the body, conscience studies, end of the times, Nostradamus,Karma and dharma, elimination of the cause of pain and suffering, gnosis,meditation ,etc. Divine science - the site of the superior knowledge.
- Gnostic Gnosis Samael Aun Weor www
Gnostic debate. Gnosis Samael Aun Weor.
- An Ouroboros www
An internet community of Gnostics who have come together to share our Knowledge, Ouroboros, and to celebrate in silence. Ouroboros.
- Details The Nazarene Way www
Details Christian history according to an Essene/Nazarene view, Nazarene Way, including use of a "Gospel of the Holy Twelve." The Nazarene Way.
- Essene Essene Nazarean Church of Mount Carmel www
Essene Nazarean Church of Mount Carmel is the congregation of the B'nai-Amen Temple Orderr, Nazarean Church of Mount Carmel, an esoteric spiritual Order, which fully embraces the deeper levels of the ancient Nazarite 'Way' of Yeshua Ha Mashiakh (Jesus the Messiah). Essene Nazarean Church of Mount Carmel.
- Includes The Gospel of St Thomas www
Includes links to translations, Gospel of St Thomas, resources, and books as well as introductory information with scholarly quotes. The Gospel of St Thomas.
- English The Gospel of Thomas www
English translation of the Gospel of Thomas by Thomas O. Gospel of Thomas. Lambdin. The Gospel of Thomas.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Alexa: Gnosticism Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Gnosticism Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Gnosticism Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Gnosticism Religion and Spirituality