Ethical Culture is a humanistic religious and educational movement inspired by the ideal that the supreme aim of human life is working to create a more humane society. Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality Society.
The Ethical movement, also referred to as the Ethical Culture movement or simply Ethical Culture, is an ethical, educational, and religious movement that is usually traced back to Felix Adler (1851–1933). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Ethical movement, also referred to as the Ethical Culture movement, Ethical Humanism or simply Ethical Culture, is an ethical, educational, and religious movement that is usually traced back to Felix Adler. Individual chapter organizations are generically referred to as "Ethical Societies", though their names may include "Ethical Society", "Ethical Culture Society", "Society for Ethical Culture", "Ethical Humanist Society", or other variations on the theme of "Ethical".
- Ethical movement Category
- Arthur E. Briggs , Los Angeles City Council member, 1939?41, Ethical Society leader.
- British Humanist Association , which inherited many British ethical societies.
- Religious humanism - Religious humanism is an integration of humanist ethical philosophy with congregational but non-theistic rituals and community activity which center on human needs, interests, and abilities.
- Unitarian Universalism - Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion characterized by a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning". Unitarian Universalists assert no creed, but instead are unified by their shared search for spiritual growth.
- Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia - Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia, 249 F.2d 127, was a case of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- A The National Service Conference www
A non-governmental organization affiliated with the American Ethical Union and associated with the Department of Public Information at the United Nations. National Service Conference. Advocates for human rights and ethical principles. The National Service Conference.
- A American Ethical Union www
A federation of Ethical Societies in the United States, Ethical Union, representing the Ethical Culture movement, founded in 1876 by Felix Adler. American Ethical Union.
- Published Greater Good Magazine www
Published quarterly by the Center for the Development of Peace and Well-Being at the University of California, Good Magazine, Berkeley. Highlights research into the roots of altruistic human relationships, and fuses this research with stories of compassion in action. Greater Good Magazine.
- Copies Jone Johnson Lewis' Platform Addresses www
Copies of recent Platform Addresses by Jone Johnson Lewis, Johnson Lewis' Platform Addresses, Leader, Northern Virginia Ethical Society. Jone Johnson Lewis' Platform Addresses.
- Court Texas Court Decision - ESA v. Rylander www
Court Decisions on Religious Freedom and Liberty - summary and analysis of ESA v. Court Decision - ESA v. Rylander. Rylander, about whether the Ethical Society of Austin, Texas, qualifies for a religious exemption. Texas Court Decision - ESA v. Rylander.
- An What is Humanism? www
An article by Fred Edwords of the American Humanist Association discussion the various definitions and types of What is Humanism?.
- Information Corliss Lamont Website www
Information on one of the leading intellectual and activist humanists of the 20th century, Lamont Website, Corliss Lamont. Includes a PDF version of the 8th edition of his book, Philosophy of Humanism. Corliss Lamont Website.
- Atheist Why I am Not a Humanist www
Atheist objects to the humanistic implication that freethinkers do or should 'believe in Man'. Why I am Not a Humanist.
- Humanism Humanism's Political and Religious Beliefs www
Humanism is an ideological, Political and Religious Beliefs, political and religious belief that denies the existence of God. Humanism's Political and Religious Beliefs.
- A Ethical Society of Boston www
A liberal religious and educational fellowship without formal creed or dogma. Ethical Society of Boston.
- This Northern Virginia Ethical Society www
This Ethical Culture society, Virginia Ethical Society, meeting in Vienna, Virginia, was founded in 1983 to serve the greater Washington, D.C., area including the Virginia suburbs. Diverse intergenerational community, including an ethics-centered Sunday School for children and youth. Northern Virginia Ethical Society.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Alexa: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality