Ethical Culture is a humanistic religious and educational movement inspired by the ideal that the supreme aim of human life is working to create a more humane society. Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality Society.
The Ethical movement, also referred to as the Ethical Culture movement or simply Ethical Culture, is an ethical, educational, and religious movement that is usually traced back to Felix Adler (1851–1933). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Ethical movement, also referred to as the Ethical Culture movement, Ethical Humanism or simply Ethical Culture, is an ethical, educational, and religious movement that is usually traced back to Felix Adler. Individual chapter organizations are generically referred to as "Ethical Societies", though their names may include "Ethical Society", "Ethical Culture Society", "Society for Ethical Culture", "Ethical Humanist Society", or other variations on the theme of "Ethical".
- Ethical movement Category
- Arthur E. Briggs , Los Angeles City Council member, 1939?41, Ethical Society leader.
- British Humanist Association , which inherited many British ethical societies.
- Religious humanism - Religious humanism is an integration of humanist ethical philosophy with religious rituals and beliefs that center on human needs, interests, and abilities.
- Unitarian Universalism - Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion characterized by a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning". Unitarian Universalists assert no creed, instead they are unified by their shared search for spiritual growth.
- Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia - Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia, 249 F.2d 127, was a case of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- A The National Service Conference www
A non-governmental organization affiliated with the American Ethical Union and associated with the Department of Public Information at the United Nations. National Service Conference. Advocates for human rights and ethical principles. The National Service Conference.
- A American Ethical Union www
A federation of Ethical Societies in the United States, Ethical Union, representing the Ethical Culture movement, founded in 1876 by Felix Adler. American Ethical Union.
- Published Greater Good Magazine www
Published quarterly by the Center for the Development of Peace and Well-Being at the University of California, Good Magazine, Berkeley. Highlights research into the roots of altruistic human relationships, and fuses this research with stories of compassion in action. Greater Good Magazine.
- Court Texas Court Decision - ESA v. Rylander www
Court Decisions on Religious Freedom and Liberty - summary and analysis of ESA v. Court Decision - ESA v. Rylander. Rylander, about whether the Ethical Society of Austin, Texas, qualifies for a religious exemption. Texas Court Decision - ESA v. Rylander.
- Copies Jone Johnson Lewis' Platform Addresses www
Copies of recent Platform Addresses by Jone Johnson Lewis, Johnson Lewis' Platform Addresses, Leader, Northern Virginia Ethical Society. Jone Johnson Lewis' Platform Addresses.
- Provides The Appignani Humanist Legal Center www
Provides legal assistance to defend the constitutional rights of religious and secular minorities in violations of First Amendment/Establishment Clause legal concerns. Appignani Humanist Legal Center. This AHA affiliated site features Action Alert mailing list sign up and summaries of recent legal activity. The Appignani Humanist Legal Center.
- From Humanism and the Humanist Manifestos www
From an interfaith organization, and the Humanist Manifestos, information on the Humanist Manifestos of the 1930s and 1970s. Humanism and the Humanist Manifestos.
- Humanism Humanism's Political and Religious Beliefs www
Humanism is an ideological, Political and Religious Beliefs, political and religious belief that denies the existence of God. Humanism's Political and Religious Beliefs.
- Atheist Why I am Not a Humanist www
Atheist objects to the humanistic implication that freethinkers do or should 'believe in Man'. Why I am Not a Humanist.
- The Ethical Society of St. Louis www
The Ethical Society Of St. Society of St. Louis. Louis - since 1886. Ethical Society of St. Louis.
- The Ethical Humanist Society of Long Island www
The Ethical Humanist Society of Long Island is a religious community dedicated to improving the human condition through individual and collective action Ethical Humanist Society of Long Island.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Alexa: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Ethical Culture Religion and Spirituality