An atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of a god, i.e., in the existence of a supernatural being. Atheism Religion and Spirituality Society.
Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist. In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one sort of deity exists.
- Atheism Category
- Apostasy - Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from, or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person. It can also be defined within the broader context of embracing an opinion contrary to one's previous beliefs. One who commits apostasy is known as an apostate.
- Brights movement - The Brights Movement is an international intellectual movement. The members of that movement refer to themselves as "Brights". They hold a naturalist worldview.
- Death of God theology - Death of God theology refers to a range of ideas by various theologians and philosophers that try to account for the rise of secularity and abandonment of traditional beliefs in God. They posit that God has either ceased to exist or in some way accounted for such a belief.
- Dysteleology - Dysteleology is the philosophical view that existence has no telos or final cause from purposeful design. The term "dysteleology" is a modern word invented and popularized by Ernst Haeckel.
- Criticism of religion
- Philosophy of religion
- The Secular Web www
Online community of nonbelievers dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge, Secular Web, understanding and tolerance.
- Features Mere Atheism www
Features an introduction to atheism with criticisms of the Bible each logically defended and justified. Mere Atheism.
- A The Atheist Experience www
A weekly cable access and online TV show from Austin, Atheist Experience, Texas geared at a non-atheist audience. The Atheist Experience.
- Recommended Atheism Resources www
Recommended reading, Resources, cartoons, articles and features. Atheism Resources.
- Book 2think.org www
Book reviews, 2think.org, discussion list, quotes and forum about evolution, science, and religion. 2think.org.
- Religion Ramblings on Religion www
Religion is a superstition, Religion, there is no verifiable evidence for the existence of any God or Gods. Ramblings on Religion.
- News, Freethinkers www
News, Freethinkers, essays, reviews, and links about religion, science and philosophy. Freethinkers.
- Advertising Atheist Campaign www
Advertising campaign to raise the profile of atheism through innovative advocacy projects sponsored by the British Humanism Association with the message that there is probably no God. Atheist Campaign.
- An Really Good News www
An exploration of the basis to all forms of spirituality from an atheist perspective. Really Good News.
- A The Heathen Hangout www
A fourm and secular community for nontheists. Heathen Hangout. Most members are atheists but not all. The Heathen Hangout.
- Definition The Skeptic's Dictionary: atheism www
Definition of atheism and related links. The Skeptic's Dictionary: atheism.
- Freethinkers Graveyard of the Gods www
Freethinkers site with news, the Gods, articles, fiction and a discussion board. Graveyard of the Gods.
- National Secular Coalition for America www
National lobby representing the interests of atheists, Coalition for America, humanists, agnostics, freethinkers and other nontheistic Americans. Features congressional scorecards, action alerts and media center. Secular Coalition for America.
- A Ebon Musings - The Atheism Pages www
A collection of essays on atheism and theism. Ebon Musings - The Atheism Pages.
- Biblical Capella's Guide to Atheism www
Biblical contradictions, Guide to Atheism, list of poor arguments, and reasons why people believe in God. Capella's Guide to Atheism.
- Offers 4 Atheists www
Offers news, Atheists, links and a list of organizations. 4 Atheists.
- An A Refutation of Religion www
An essay in defence of an atheist-agnostic viewpoint, Refutation of Religion, presented in question and answer format. A Refutation of Religion.
- Coalition Atheist Nexus www
Coalition of nontheists and nontheist communities. Nexus. Find membership information, blogs and forums. Atheist Nexus.
- Select, About.com: Agnosticism/Atheism www
- Weblog American Freethought www
Weblog and podcast serving atheists, Freethought, agnostics, skeptics, secular humanists and rationalists. With John C. Snider and David Driscoll. American Freethought.
- Series True Truths www
Series of essays challenging religion. Truths. Also includes links and excerpts from a book by Creighton Ainsworth. True Truths.
- An Rational Response Squad www
An atheist activist group dedicated to promoting critical thinking and obliterating dogma. Response Squad. Features forums, videos, articles and live chat. Rational Response Squad.
- Parenting AtheistParents.org www
Parenting resources including articles, AtheistParents.org, forum, blog and related links. AtheistParents.org.
- A The Freethought Zone www
A collection of essays which addresses misconceptions concerning the nature of science and religion and the beliefs of non-theists. The Freethought Zone.
- A The Freethinkers of Colorado Springs www
A freethought site from Colorado Springs, Freethinkers of Colorado Springs, CO with news, articles, commentary, and a bulletin board. The Freethinkers of Colorado Springs.
- Graham Weak Agnosticism www
Graham Oppy defends "weak agnosticism, Agnosticism," the view that "it is permissible for reasonable persons to suspend judgement on the question of God's existence." Weak Agnosticism.
- Discussion Atheist Community www
Discussion forum for atheists and their friends. Atheist Community.
- For Wasteland Of Wonders Atheism www
For atheists and other nonbelievers to chat, Wonders Atheism, discuss and debate atheists and religious issues. Wasteland Of Wonders Atheism.
- A American Ethical Union www
A federation of Ethical Societies in the United States, Ethical Union, representing the Ethical Culture movement, founded in 1876 by Felix Adler. American Ethical Union.
- Published Greater Good Magazine www
Published quarterly by the Center for the Development of Peace and Well-Being at the University of California, Good Magazine, Berkeley. Highlights research into the roots of altruistic human relationships, and fuses this research with stories of compassion in action. Greater Good Magazine.
- Joe The Relativity of Biblical Ethics www
Joe Edward Barnhard argues that the Bible itself exemplifies moral relativism. The Relativity of Biblical Ethics.
- Exploring Human Ethics and Morality www
Exploring the relationship between ethics, Ethics and Morality, morality, evolution, psychology, culture and genetics. Human Ethics and Morality.
- Mailing Yahoo! Groups: LGBT Atheists www
Mailing list discussion group. Yahoo! Groups: LGBT Atheists.
- United Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association www
United Kingdom organization offering information on Humanism, and Lesbian Humanist Association, activities, and a magazine. Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association.
- An What is Humanism? www
An article by Fred Edwords of the American Humanist Association discussion the various definitions and types of What is Humanism?.
- Training Humanist Institute, The www
Training and education for humanist leadership though a three-year program of intensive reading and reflection, Institute, The, and annual seminars, leading to a Graduate Certificate in Humanist Leadership Humanist Institute, The.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Alexa: Atheism Religion and Spirituality
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Atheism Religion and Spirituality
- DMOZ: Atheism Religion and Spirituality
dmoz.org Directory: Atheism Religion and Spirituality