Polygamy is the practice of having multiple spouses at the same time. It is frequently used to refer specifically to a man having multiple wives, though that practice is more accurately called polygyny. Polygamy Alternative Lifestyles Relationships Society.
Polygamy (from Late Greek πολυγαμία, polygamia, "state of marriage to many spouses") involves marriage with more than one spouse. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Polygamy is the practice of marrying multiple spouses. When a man is married to more than one wife at a time, sociologists call this polygyny. When a woman is married to more than one husband at a time, it is called polyandry. If a marriage includes multiple husbands and wives, it can be called a group marriage.
- Polygamy Category
- Bigamy - In cultures that practice marital monogamy, bigamy is the act of entering into a marriage with one person while still legally married to another. Bigamy is a crime in most Western countries, and when it occurs in this context often neither the first nor second spouse is aware of the other.
- Legal status of polygamy - Polygamy is legal in 58 out of nearly 200 sovereign states, the vast majority of them being Muslim-majority countries situated in Africa and Asia. In most of these states, polygyny is allowed and legally sanctioned. Polyandry is illegal in virtually every state in the world.
- More danico - The phrase more danico is a Medieval Latin legal expression which may be translated as "in the Danish manner" or "by Norse customary law". It designates a type of traditional marriage practiced in northern Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Types of marriages
- Mating systems
- Religion and politics
- Features Kinship and Social Organization www
Features articles and outlines of marriage customs among different societies, and Social Organization, which also include information about polygyny. Kinship and Social Organization.
- Short Legalize Polygamy www
Short article on how polygamy would benefit us, Polygamy, in a secular view point. How polygamy would evolve us to higher levels. Legalize Polygamy.
- Articles Polygamy at Beliefnet www
Articles and opinions on polygamy. Beliefnet. Registered users can share their personal thoughts about the issue. Polygamy at Beliefnet.
- Article Montesquieu: The Spirit of Laws www
Article explaining that the law of polygamy is an affair that depends on calculation. Montesquieu: The Spirit of Laws.
- Types Polygamy www
Types of Polygamy, Polygamy, Polygamy Worldwide, Patterns of Occurrence, Polygamy and Religion, Legal Situation, and The Case of Mormonism. Polygamy.
- Intellectual Polygamy: Another Lovestyle www
Intellectual article by Deborah Anapol about polygamy and monogamy. Polygamy: Another Lovestyle.
- Article Polygyny Is Already A Practice www
Article about polygamy in Africa, Already A Practice, before and after the arrival of the colonizers and Christianity. Polygyny Is Already A Practice.
- Refuting Anti-Polygamy.org www
Refuting arguments commonly used against polygamy. Anti-Polygamy.org. Showing the unjustness of stereotyping polygamists as being in cults, abusive, and other. Anti-Polygamy.org.
- Unpublished On the Economics of Polygyny www
Unpublished paper from Ted Bergstrom exploring the prevalence and viability of polygamy in various societies. On the Economics of Polygyny.
- Professor The Economics of Love and Marriage www
Professor David Friedman's essay exploring economic issues affecting polygamy. The Economics of Love and Marriage.
- A Query On Reasons For Polygamy www
A student's query regarding the differing interpretations for the cultural reasons for polygyny. Query On Reasons For Polygamy.
- Recognizing Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law www
Recognizing existing polygamous marriages of immigrants and providing spouses with the benefits and entitlements normally available to spouses defined by Canadian law is an outstanding issue. Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law.
- Provides Pro-Polygamy.com www
Provides the media and others with op-eds, Pro-Polygamy.com, press releases and articles from the pro-polygamy view. Gives email-alerts and offers access to a polygamy advocate to interview. Pro-Polygamy.com.
- Polygamy 2Wives.com www
Polygamy adverts. 2Wives.com. FAQS and advice. 2Wives.com.
- Resources Polygamy: Exaltation's Prerequisite or Stumbling Block? www
Resources to show that polygamy is not the highest form of union between man and wife (wives). Exaltation's Prerequisite or Stumbling Block?. Need to consider doctrine on its own merits or lack thereof. Polygamy: Exaltation's Prerequisite or Stumbling Block?.
- Analyses Polygamy www
Analyses of attitudes toward polygamy and plural marriage in Christianity and other major religious traditions. Polygamy.
- An Yahoo! Groups: RemnantSounds www
An on-line fellowship of people who believe in and teach patriarichy and polygyny as set forth in the scriptures. Yahoo! Groups: RemnantSounds.
- Collection Polygamy: Many to One or One to Many ? www
Collection of Marriage Partner Talk threads. Many to One or One to Many ?. Polygamy: Many to One or One to Many ?.
- Biblical Divine Law www
Biblical polygyny, Law, celibacy, monogamy explained by David B Loughran. What laws are from God and what are man made. Divine Law.
- Aims The Duke's Western North Carolina Polygyny Site www
Aims to show that polygyny is not sinful, Duke's Western North Carolina Polygyny Site, wrong, or illegal. The Duke's Western North Carolina Polygyny Site.
- This Hinduism and Polygamy www
This page presents the attitude of Hinduism towards polygamy. Hinduism and Polygamy.
- Showing Polygamy in the Bible www
Showing that the Bible allows polygamy in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. the Bible. Written by a Moslem. Polygamy in the Bible.
- Five Polygamy At Radio Al-Islam Channel RA 200 www
Five real audio files about polygamy in Islamic Law. Polygamy At Radio Al-Islam Channel RA 200.
- Alexa: Polygamy Alternative Lifestyles
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Polygamy Alternative Lifestyles
- DMOZ: Polygamy Alternative Lifestyles
dmoz.org Directory: Polygamy Alternative Lifestyles