Polyamory is the practice of having multiple, open, honest emotional and sexual relationships. This is a pretty broad umbrella, which covers relationship styles that vary from group marriage to those that look very much like "dating". Additional details of what you may expect to find and not find under this topic: This section is not intended to cover swinging, which is generally perceived as a style of multiple sexual relationships rather than a style of multiple romantic relationships. For more information on swinging, see: Society: Sexuality: Activities and Practices: Swinging. This section is not intended to cover affairs or 'cheating' either. This section is not intended to cover group sex. Polyamory Alternative Lifestyles Relationships Society.
Polyamory (from Greek πολύ poly , "many, several", and Latin amor , " love ") is the practice of, or desire for, intimate relationships where individuals may have more than one partner, with the knowledge and consent of all partners. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Polyamory is the practice of or desire for intimate relationships with more than one partner, with the knowledge of all partners. It has been described as "consensual, ethical, and responsible non-monogamy". People who identify as polyamorous reject the view that sexual and relational exclusivity are necessary for deep, committed, long-term loving relationships.
- Polyamory Category
- Family: the web series (2008-2009).
- Sociosexual orientation - Sociosexual orientation, or sociosexuality, is the individual difference in the willingness to engage in sexual activity outside of a committed relationship.
- M nage trois - A m nage trois is a domestic arrangement in which three people having romantic and/or sexual relations with each other occupy the same household. It is a form of polyamory.
- Sexual fidelity
- Discrimination in the United States
- Intimate relationships
- Sexuality and society
- Interpersonal relationships
- Live Live The Dream www
Live the Dream is an education and support group for people in group marriages. Live The Dream.
- SSI's Sacred Space Institute www
SSI's intention is to 'create a context in which the arts of whole systems healing, Space Institute, sacred sexuality, polyamory, community development and new paradigm relating can be taught, developed, applied, given professional legitimacy, and disseminated internationally.' Sacred Space Institute.
- Humorous Dim Sum and Polyamory www
Humorous but educational article by Tom Limoncelli comparing going out for Dim Sum to Polyamory. Dim Sum and Polyamory.
- Promotes Liberated Christians: Polyamory www
Promotes nonmonogamy, Christians: Polyamory, polyamory or "swinging" as a legitimate choice for Christians and others. Special focus on the Christian aspect, and whether the Bible and non-monogamy are compatible. Liberated Christians: Polyamory.
- A Yahoo Groups: Polyamory www
A place for the polyamorous community to meet and discuss poly issues. Yahoo Groups: Polyamory.
- Listings Poly-friendly Professionals www
Listings of counselors, Professionals, therapists, lawyers, and other professionals who are open-minded about polyamory. Poly-friendly Professionals.
- The Free Love is Free Expression www
The title essay argues that Polyamory is about freedom of the body, Love is Free Expression, based on the grounds that sex is a cause for celebration, not for shame. Free Love is Free Expression.
- The Polyamory Society, The www
The Polyamory Society is a nonprofit organization which promotes and supports the interest of individuals of multipartnered relationships and families. Polyamory Society, The.
- Extensive alt.polyamory Home Page www
Extensive set of resources about polyamory, Home Page, containing FAQs, essays, spots for personal ads, groups, and art. alt.polyamory Home Page.
- A Poly Bureau, The www
A polyamory discussion column, Bureau, The, including questions and answers. Poly Bureau, The.
- An Poly MatchMaker www
An online personals site for poly people. MatchMaker. Requires registration (free). Poly MatchMaker.
- The Society for Human Sexuality: Polyamory Archive www
The Society is a social and educational organization whose purpose is to promote understanding and appreciation for the many forms of adult intimate relationships and consensual sexual expression. Society for Human Sexuality: Polyamory Archive.
- Explores An Unconditional Love www
Explores ideas related to polyamory. An Unconditional Love.
- Design Polyamory Pride Flag www
Design and explanation of the polyamory pride flag. Pride Flag. Graphics available for inclusion in web pages. Polyamory Pride Flag.
- A A Polyamory Community www
A LiveJournal community, Polyamory Community, for those who are interested in polyamory, to discuss the philosophy and practice of the polyamorous lovestyle. A Polyamory Community.
- The Institute for 21st Century Relationships www
The non-profit Institute provides information on exploring/understanding workable alternatives to heterosexual, for 21st Century Relationships, lifelong, sexually exclusive monogamy. Programs, conference/seminars and publications. Institute for 21st Century Relationships.
- A Loving More www
A non-profit charitable organization, More, online community, and magazine dedicated to supporting and educating. Loving More.
- Addresses Alt.polyamory FAQ www
Addresses such topics as types of poly, FAQ, difference between poly and cheating, handling jealousy, bisexuality, longevity of poly relationships, children, and newsgroup etiquette. Includes supplemental information about culture and meeting stories. Alt.polyamory FAQ.
- Lists Alt.polyamory Support and Networking FAQ www
Lists mailing lists, Support and Networking FAQ, web pages, and other resources. Alt.polyamory Support and Networking FAQ.
- A Managing the Spiritual Neighborhood www
A program for creating community in the place where you live, the Spiritual Neighborhood, including spirituality, back-to-the-earth civic responsibility, and neighborhood management. Managing the Spiritual Neighborhood.
- Discussion New Liberty Village www
Discussion and content about social invention, Liberty Village, intentional community, government, alternative tools and shelter, health, gardening, beliefs, and dreams. New Liberty Village.
- An Yahoo Groups: Kansas Polyamory www
An email list for those interested in discussing polyamory in and around Kansas. Yahoo Groups: Kansas Polyamory.
- A Yahoo Groups: PolyFamilies www
A group for poly families consisting of three or more adults and any combination of children. Groups: PolyFamilies. It is meant to discuss real issues that poly households face. Yahoo Groups: PolyFamilies.
- Free Solace: A Personal Poly Page www
Free affection-therapy for the polyamorous and traumatized, Personal Poly Page, some pictures, some songs, and other personal stuff. Solace: A Personal Poly Page.
- a lair of the lunabun www
a personal website with music links and a short bio about a polyamorous bisexual woman. the lunabun. soon to include a diray of sorts of what it is like being a part of a poly relationship. lair of the lunabun.
- Features Kinship and Social Organization www
Features articles and outlines of marriage customs among different societies, and Social Organization, which also include information about polygyny. Kinship and Social Organization.
- Recognizing Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law www
Recognizing existing polygamous marriages of immigrants and providing spouses with the benefits and entitlements normally available to spouses defined by Canadian law is an outstanding issue. Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law.
- Reviews Polyamory-Related Book Reviews www
Reviews of books about or related to polyamory, Book Reviews, plus a form for you to contribute your own reviews and thoughts. Polyamory-Related Book Reviews.
- A Spice! Polyamory for the Practical www
A web comic about a group marriage. Spice! Polyamory for the Practical.
- Alexa: Polyamory Alternative Lifestyles
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Polyamory Alternative Lifestyles
- DMOZ: Polyamory Alternative Lifestyles
dmoz.org Directory: Polyamory Alternative Lifestyles