This section is for sites about relationships that are generally regarded as substantially outside the mainstream models of relationships. Personal ads are covered elsewhere in the hierarchy. One place to look is: Directory Society: Relationships: Dating: Personals: Alternative Lifestyles Alternative Lifestyles Relationships Society.
An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle diverse in respect to mainstream ones, or generally perceived to be outside the cultural norm. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle diverse in respect to mainstream ones, or generally perceived to be outside the cultural norm. Lifestyle is a media culture term derived from the concept of style in art.
- Alternative culture - Alternative culture is a type of culture that exists outside or on the fringes of mainstream or popular culture, usually under the domain of one or more subcultures.
- Bohemianism - Bohemianism is the practice of an unconventional lifestyle, often in the company of like-minded people and with few permanent ties. It involves musical, artistic, literary or spiritual pursuits. In this context, Bohemians may or may not be wanderers, adventurers, or vagabonds.
- Intentional community - An intentional community is a planned residential community designed from the start to have a high degree of social cohesion and teamwork. The members of an intentional community typically hold a common social, political, religious, or spiritual vision and often follow an alternative lifestyle.
- Intentional living - Intentional living is any lifestyle based on an individual or group's conscious attempts to live according to their values and beliefs. These can include lifestyles based on religious or ethical values, as well as coaching, personal transformation, and leadership training.
- Subculture - Subculture, a concept from the academic fields of sociology and cultural studies, is a group of people within a culture that differentiates itself from the parent culture to which it belongs, often maintaining some of its founding principles.
- Underground culture - Underground culture, or simply underground, is a term to describe various alternative cultures which either consider themselves different from the mainstream of society and culture, or are considered so by others.
- Deviance (sociology)
- Philosophy of life
- Polygamy 2Wives.com www
Polygamy adverts. 2Wives.com. FAQS and advice. 2Wives.com.
- Interactive Cousin Couples www
Interactive support network for those romantically involved with their cousin. Cousin Couples.
- Worldwide International Consortium on Consanguinity www
Worldwide statistics on marriages between first cousins, Consortium on Consanguinity, uncles and nieces, and other consanguineal relationships. International Consortium on Consanguinity.
- Works Lucy Stone League www
Works towards equal rights for women and men to retain, Stone League, modify, and create their names at marriage and throughout life and towards equality of patrilineal/matrilineal name distribution for children. Includes a name freedom choice test, news, ways to help, and recommended reading. Lucy Stone League.
- People Society for Barefoot Living www
People who love going barefoot all the time as a lifestyle choice. for Barefoot Living. Informative articles and links. Society for Barefoot Living.
- SSI's Sacred Space Institute www
SSI's intention is to 'create a context in which the arts of whole systems healing, Space Institute, sacred sexuality, polyamory, community development and new paradigm relating can be taught, developed, applied, given professional legitimacy, and disseminated internationally.' Sacred Space Institute.
- Explores An Unconditional Love www
Explores ideas related to polyamory. An Unconditional Love.
- Refuting Anti-Polygamy.org www
Refuting arguments commonly used against polygamy. Anti-Polygamy.org. Showing the unjustness of stereotyping polygamists as being in cults, abusive, and other. Anti-Polygamy.org.
- A Query On Reasons For Polygamy www
A student's query regarding the differing interpretations for the cultural reasons for polygyny. Query On Reasons For Polygamy.
- Alexa: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
- DMOZ: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
dmoz.org Directory: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships