This section is for sites about relationships that are generally regarded as substantially outside the mainstream models of relationships. Personal ads are covered elsewhere in the hierarchy. One place to look is: Directory Society: Relationships: Dating: Personals: Alternative Lifestyles Alternative Lifestyles Relationships Society.
An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle diverse in respect to mainstream ones, or generally perceived to be outside the cultural norm. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle diverse in respect to mainstream ones, or generally perceived to be outside the cultural norm. Lifestyle is a media culture term derived from the concept of style in art.
- Alternative culture - Alternative culture is a type of culture that exists outside or on the fringes of mainstream or popular culture, usually under the domain of one or more subcultures.
- Underground culture - Underground culture, or simply underground, is a term to describe various alternative cultures which either consider themselves different from the mainstream of society and culture, or are considered so by others.
- Subculture - Subculture, a concept from the academic fields of sociology and cultural studies, is a group of people within a culture that differentiates itself from the parent culture to which it belongs, often maintaining some of its founding principles.
- Intentional living - Intentional living is any lifestyle based on an individual or group's conscious attempts to live according to their values and beliefs. These can include lifestyles based on religious or ethical values, as well as coaching, personal transformation, and leadership training.
- Intentional community - An intentional community is a planned residential community designed from the start to have a high degree of social cohesion and teamwork. The members of an intentional community typically hold a common social, political, religious, or spiritual vision and often follow an alternative lifestyle.
- Deviance (sociology)
- Philosophy of life
- Polygamy 2Wives.com www
Polygamy adverts. 2Wives.com. FAQS and advice. 2Wives.com.
- Worldwide International Consortium on Consanguinity www
Worldwide statistics on marriages between first cousins, Consortium on Consanguinity, uncles and nieces, and other consanguineal relationships. International Consortium on Consanguinity.
- Listing Kissing Cousins www
Listing of cousin marriages. Kissing Cousins.
- People Society for Barefoot Living www
People who love going barefoot all the time as a lifestyle choice. for Barefoot Living. Informative articles and links. Society for Barefoot Living.
- Works Lucy Stone League www
Works towards equal rights for women and men to retain, Stone League, modify, and create their names at marriage and throughout life and towards equality of patrilineal/matrilineal name distribution for children. Includes a name freedom choice test, news, ways to help, and recommended reading. Lucy Stone League.
- The Polyamory Society, The www
The Polyamory Society is a nonprofit organization which promotes and supports the interest of individuals of multipartnered relationships and families. Polyamory Society, The.
- A Yahoo Groups: Polyamory www
A place for the polyamorous community to meet and discuss poly issues. Yahoo Groups: Polyamory.
- Unpublished On the Economics of Polygyny www
Unpublished paper from Ted Bergstrom exploring the prevalence and viability of polygamy in various societies. On the Economics of Polygyny.
- Types Polygamy www
Types of Polygamy, Polygamy, Polygamy Worldwide, Patterns of Occurrence, Polygamy and Religion, Legal Situation, and The Case of Mormonism. Polygamy.
- Alexa: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
- DMOZ: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
dmoz.org Directory: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships