This section is for sites about relationships that are generally regarded as substantially outside the mainstream models of relationships. Personal ads are covered elsewhere in the hierarchy. One place to look is: Directory Society: Relationships: Dating: Personals: Alternative Lifestyles Alternative Lifestyles Relationships Society.
An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle diverse in respect to mainstream ones, or generally perceived to be outside the cultural norm. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle diverse in respect to mainstream ones, or generally perceived to be outside the cultural norm. Lifestyle is a media culture term derived from the concept of style in art.
- Alternative culture - Alternative culture is a type of culture that exists outside or on the fringes of mainstream or popular culture, usually under the domain of one or more subcultures.
- Underground culture - Underground culture, or simply underground, is a term to describe various alternative cultures which either consider themselves different from the mainstream of society and culture, or are considered so by others.
- Subculture - Subculture, a concept from the academic fields of sociology and cultural studies, is a group of people within a culture that differentiates itself from the parent culture to which it belongs, often maintaining some of its founding principles.
- Intentional living - Intentional living is any lifestyle based on an individual or group's conscious attempts to live according to their values and beliefs. These can include lifestyles based on religious or ethical values, as well as coaching, personal transformation, and leadership training.
- Intentional community - An intentional community is a planned residential community designed from the start to have a high degree of social cohesion and teamwork. The members of an intentional community typically hold a common social, political, religious, or spiritual vision and often follow an alternative lifestyle.
- Deviance (sociology)
- Philosophy of life
- Polygamy 2Wives.com www
Polygamy adverts. 2Wives.com. FAQS and advice. 2Wives.com.
- A Can We Marry Our Cousins? www
A Biblical perspective on cousin marriage. Marry Our Cousins?. Can We Marry Our Cousins?.
- Challenges Forbidden Relatives: The American Myth Of Cousin Marriage www
Challenges the belief widely held in the United States that legislation against marriage between first cousins is based on a biological risk to offspring. Forbidden Relatives: The American Myth Of Cousin Marriage.
- Works Lucy Stone League www
Works towards equal rights for women and men to retain, Stone League, modify, and create their names at marriage and throughout life and towards equality of patrilineal/matrilineal name distribution for children. Includes a name freedom choice test, news, ways to help, and recommended reading. Lucy Stone League.
- People Society for Barefoot Living www
People who love going barefoot all the time as a lifestyle choice. for Barefoot Living. Informative articles and links. Society for Barefoot Living.
- Promotes Liberated Christians: Polyamory www
Promotes nonmonogamy, Christians: Polyamory, polyamory or "swinging" as a legitimate choice for Christians and others. Special focus on the Christian aspect, and whether the Bible and non-monogamy are compatible. Liberated Christians: Polyamory.
- The Institute for 21st Century Relationships www
The non-profit Institute provides information on exploring/understanding workable alternatives to heterosexual, for 21st Century Relationships, lifelong, sexually exclusive monogamy. Programs, conference/seminars and publications. Institute for 21st Century Relationships.
- Refuting Anti-Polygamy.org www
Refuting arguments commonly used against polygamy. Anti-Polygamy.org. Showing the unjustness of stereotyping polygamists as being in cults, abusive, and other. Anti-Polygamy.org.
- Recognizing Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law www
Recognizing existing polygamous marriages of immigrants and providing spouses with the benefits and entitlements normally available to spouses defined by Canadian law is an outstanding issue. Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law.
- Alexa: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
- DMOZ: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships
dmoz.org Directory: Alternative Lifestyles Relationships