Pluridisciplinarity concerns studying a research topic not in only one discipline but in several at the same time. Interdisciplinarity concerns the transfer of methods from one discipline to another. As the prefix "trans" indicates, transdisciplinarity concerns that which is at once between the disciplines, across the different disciplines, and beyond all discipline. Its goal is the understanding of the present world, of which one of the imperatives is the unity of knowledge. Transdisciplinarity Philosophy Society.
Transdisciplinarity connotes a research strategy that crosses many disciplinary boundaries to create a holistic approach. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Transdisciplinarity connotes a research strategy that crosses many disciplinary boundaries to create a holistic approach. It applies to research efforts focused on problems that cross the boundaries of two or more disciplines, such as research on effective information systems for biomedical research, and can refer to concepts or methods that were originally developed by one discipline, but are now used by several others, such as ethnography, a field research method originally developed in anthropology but now widely used by other disciplines.
- Transdisciplinarity Category
- Discipline (academia) - An academic discipline or academic field is a branch of knowledge. It incorporates expertise, people, projects, communities, challenges, studies, inquiry, and research areas that are strongly associated with a given scholastic subject area or college department.
- Interdisciplinarity - Interdisciplinarity involves the combining of two or more academic disciplines into one activity. It draws knowledge from several other fields like sociology, anthropology, psychology, economics etc. It is about creating something new by thinking across boundaries.
- Multidisciplinarity - A multidisciplinary approach involves drawing appropriately from multiple academic disciplines to redefine problems outside normal boundaries and reach solutions based on a new understanding of complex situations.
- Intellectual synthesis - Intellectual synthesis is a broad term describing scholarly endeavors meant to unify and fuse a large amount of information into a single integrated body of knowledge. Commonly, intellectual synthesis occurs as an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary academic effort by one or more scholars.
- Academic discipline interactions
- Learning Development Institute (LDI) www
LDI is a transdisciplinary networked learning community devoted to excellence in the development and study of learning. Development Institute (LDI). The collective responsibility for the ecology of the learning environment, and each individual's role in its participatory management, is among LDI's essential concerns.
- Collection Transdisciplinary resources - Hodges Health Care Domains Model: www
Collection of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary links. Transdisciplinary resources - Hodges Health Care Domains Model:.
- An Principia Cybernetica Web www
An international organization, Cybernetica Web, PCP tries to tackle age-old philosophical questions with the help of the most recent cybernetic theories and technologies. Stated more precisely, the Project's aim is the computer-supported collaborative development of an evolutionary-systemic philosophy. Principia Cybernetica Web.
- An The Association for Integrative Studies - AIS www
An interdisciplinary professional organization founded in 1979 to promote the interchange of ideas among scholars and administrators in all of the arts and sciences on intellectual and organizational issues related to furthering integrative studies. Association for Integrative Studies - AIS. Interdis E-mail List is a list designed to promote the free exchange of ideas and information about topics such as integration, synthesis, interdisciplinarity. The Association for Integrative Studies - AIS.
- Seb The Three Pillars of Transdisciplinarity www
Seb Henagulph's essay provides a lucid framing of the geometry of relational versus rational perception and inquiry. Three Pillars of Transdisciplinarity. The key multivalent 'connector' between the domains of the relational and rational which the author utilizes in weaving this tapestry of understanding is Stéphane Lupasco's notion of 'the included middle'. The Three Pillars of Transdisciplinarity.
- Network SAGUF Network for Transdisciplinary Research www
Network of the Swiss Academic Society for Environmental Research and Ecology. SAGUF Network for Transdisciplinary Research.
- Paris-based International Center for Transdisciplinary Research www
Paris-based organization which sponsors studies, Center for Transdisciplinary Research, research, and workshops in transdisciplinarity. Describes vision and provides bibliography, list of publications, and current projects. International Center for Transdisciplinary Research.
- Eclectic John Granger Philosophy (Lost Cosmic Connection) www
Eclectic and original philosophy on numerous metaphysical and practical subjects. Granger Philosophy (Lost Cosmic Connection). Integrating philosophy, psychology, art, and human history. John Granger Philosophy (Lost Cosmic Connection).
- This A Transdisciplinary Approach to Science and Astrology www
This article explores the unconscious and symbolic bases of astrology. A Transdisciplinary Approach to Science and Astrology.
- Journal Janus Head www
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature, Head, Continental Philosophy, Phenomenological Psychology, and the Arts, with a pronounced tendency of transdisciplinarity. Janus Head.
- Electronic eGroups on Transdisciplinarity www
Electronic groups for the study of transdisciplinarity. eGroups on Transdisciplinarity.
- Provides Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions www
Provides information on an ongoing effort to bring together different religious traditions from around the world looking to shape a better world, for a Parliament of the World's Religions, based in historical and current gatherings. Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions.
- Established Monastic Interreligious Dialog www
Established by the Benedictine Confederation in 1978 to assume a leadership role in the dialogue between Christianity and the religions of the East, Interreligious Dialog, in cooperation with all others engaged in this dialogue. Monastic Interreligious Dialog.
- Concentrating W3C Technology & Society Domain www
Concentrating on issues that arise from applications of Web technology, Technology & Society Domain, and devoting significant resources to international public policy issues. W3C Technology & Society Domain.
- Provides Just Garcia Hill www
Provides a virtual community for minorities in science, Garcia Hill, aiming to increase the number entering science careers and celebrating contributions to science made by minority scientists. Just Garcia Hill.
- Alexa: Transdisciplinarity Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Transdisciplinarity Philosophy
- DMOZ: Transdisciplinarity Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Transdisciplinarity Philosophy