Philosophy of Logic Philosophy Society.
Following the developments in formal logic with symbolic logic in the late nineteenth century and mathematical logic in the twentieth, topics traditionally treated by logic not being part of formal logic have tended to be termed either philosophy of logic or philosophical logic if no longer simply logic . (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Philosophy of logic is the area of philosophy devoted to examining the scope and nature of logic.
- Philosophy of logic Category
- "Is Logic Empirical? " - "Is Logic Empirical?" is the title of two articles that discuss the idea that the algebraic properties of logic may, or should, be empirically determined; in particular, they deal with the question of whether empirical facts about quantum phenomena may provide grounds for revising classical logic...
- Type-token distinction - The type?token distinction is used in disciplines such as logic, linguistics, metalogic, typography, and computer programming to clarify what words mean.
- Concatenation theory - Concatenation theory, also called string theory, character-string theory, or theoretical syntax, studies character strings over finite alphabets of characters, signs, symbols, or marks.
- Aristotle - Aristotle was an ancient Greek philosopher and scientist born in the city of Stagira, Chalkidice, on the northern periphery of Classical Greece. His father, Nicomachus, died when Aristotle was a child, whereafter Proxenus of Atarneus became his guardian.
- George Boole - George Boole was an English mathematician, educator, philosopher and logician. He worked in the fields of differential equations and algebraic logic, and is best known as the author of The Laws of Thought which contains Boolean algebra.
- Philosophy of mathematics
- Philosophical logic
- An Why Aristotelian Logic does not Work www
An essay at Abelard. Aristotelian Logic does not Work.org outlining an argument against Aristotelian syllogistic. Why Aristotelian Logic does not Work.
- Online Symbolic Logic www
Online resources provided to supplement undergraduate course taught by Peter Suber. Logic. Good collection of handouts. Symbolic Logic.
- The PHILOG www
The Danish Network for Philosophical Logic and its Applications. PHILOG.
- An Logic www
An online textbook by Garth Kemerling, Logic, explaining the basic elements of elementary logic at an undergraduate level. Logic.
- An The Logic Course www
An interactive course in formal logic, Logic Course, with tutorials and quizzes on critical thinking, truth-tables, and sentential. The Logic Course.
- Warwick Dead Logicians Society www
Warwick university's very own logic society aiming to increase and stimulate interest in logic and philosophy of logic at the university. Logicians Society. Offers news and events. Dead Logicians Society.
- Article Frege's Theorem www
Article in the Stanford Encylcopaedia of Philosophy, Theorem, entitled `Frege's Logic, Theorem, and Foundations for Arithmetic'. Discusses the 1980 discovery of Crispin Wright that Frege's work of the Grundgesetze can be carried out in second-order logic with Hume's principle. Frege's Theorem.
- An Tips on Translating English into First-Order Logic www
An introductory guide by Peter Suber. Tips on Translating English into First-Order Logic.
- Article Peirce's Logic www
Article in the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, Logic, by Eric Hammer. Peirce's Logic.
- Jay Humboldt State University: Argumentation and Critical Thinking Tutorial www
Jay VerLinden's resource offering reviews and tests on important concepts in formal logic. Humboldt State University: Argumentation and Critical Thinking Tutorial.
- Essay Nomic Dependencies & Contrary-to-fact Conditionals www
Essay by William S. Dependencies & Contrary-to-fact Conditionals. Boardman discussing Fred Dretske's measles examples in his book `Knowledge and the Flow of Information'. Nomic Dependencies & Contrary-to-fact Conditionals.
- Lecture Conditional Sentences www
Lecture notes on the analysis of condition sentences by Paul Kay. Conditional Sentences.
- Paper Universiteit van Tilburg: On Partial and Paraconsistent Logics www
Paper by Reinhard Muskens on logical systems in which the principle of bivalence and the principle of non-contradiction fail. Universiteit van Tilburg: On Partial and Paraconsistent Logics.
- The Paraconsistent Logic www
The development of paraconsistent logic was initiated in order to challenge the logical principle that anything follows from contradictory premises, Logic, ex contradictione quodlibet. By Koji Tanaka, from the Stanford Encyclopedia. Paraconsistent Logic.
- Comments Free From Faith www
Comments on religion, From Faith, science and scepticism. Free From Faith.
- Online Responsible Thinking www
Online book by Bob Korn promoting critical thinking. Thinking. Outline, contact information. Responsible Thinking.
- Article Tractarian Reflections on the Identity of Indiscernibles www
Article by Jay Rosenberg. Tractarian Reflections on the Identity of Indiscernibles.
- Article Do Sentences Have Identity? www
Article by Jean-Yves Béziau presented at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Sentences Have Identity?. Do Sentences Have Identity?.
- Describes What is a Fallacy? Understanding Defective Arguments www
Describes and explains formal and informal fallacies. a Fallacy? Understanding Defective Arguments. What is a Fallacy? Understanding Defective Arguments.
- A Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate www
A guide to using logical fallacies in debate. Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate.
- Which Critics of the Model Theory of Deduction www
Which approach to formalism better matches our normal reasoning, the Model Theory of Deduction, proof theory or model theory? Resource page concerned with this controversy maintained by Ruth Byrne. Critics of the Model Theory of Deduction.
- Report Logic and Artificial Intelligence www
Report by Selmer Bringsjord, and Artificial Intelligence, discussing the history of Artificial Intelligence, and its close relationship to work in logic. Logic and Artificial Intelligence.
- Alexa: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy
- DMOZ: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy