Philosophy of Logic Philosophy Society.
Following the developments in formal logic with symbolic logic in the late nineteenth century and mathematical logic in the twentieth, topics traditionally treated by logic not being part of formal logic have tended to be termed either philosophy of logic or philosophical logic if no longer simply logic . (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Philosophy of logic is the area of philosophy devoted to examining the scope and nature of logic.
- Philosophy of logic Category
- "Is Logic Empirical? " - "Is Logic Empirical?" is the title of two articles that discuss the idea that the algebraic properties of logic may, or should, be empirically determined; in particular, they deal with the question of whether empirical facts about quantum phenomena may provide grounds for revising classical logic...
- Type-token distinction - The type?token distinction is used in disciplines such as logic, linguistics, metalogic, typography, and computer programming to clarify what words mean.
- Concatenation theory - Concatenation theory, also called string theory, character-string theory, or theoretical syntax, studies character strings over finite alphabets of characters, signs, symbols, or marks.
- Aristotle - Aristotle was an ancient Greek philosopher and scientist born in the city of Stagira, Chalkidiki, in the north of Classical Greece.
- George Boole - George Boole was a largely self-taught English mathematician, philosopher and logician, most of whose short career was spent as the first professor of mathematics at Queen's College, Cork in Ireland.
- Philosophy of mathematics
- Philosophical logic
- An The Logic Course www
An interactive course in formal logic, Logic Course, with tutorials and quizzes on critical thinking, truth-tables, and sentential. The Logic Course.
- Article Frege's Theorem www
Article in the Stanford Encylcopaedia of Philosophy, Theorem, entitled `Frege's Logic, Theorem, and Foundations for Arithmetic'. Discusses the 1980 discovery of Crispin Wright that Frege's work of the Grundgesetze can be carried out in second-order logic with Hume's principle. Frege's Theorem.
- Jay Humboldt State University: Argumentation and Critical Thinking Tutorial www
Jay VerLinden's resource offering reviews and tests on important concepts in formal logic. Humboldt State University: Argumentation and Critical Thinking Tutorial.
- Online Symbolic Logic www
Online resources provided to supplement undergraduate course taught by Peter Suber. Logic. Good collection of handouts. Symbolic Logic.
- An Tips on Translating English into First-Order Logic www
An introductory guide by Peter Suber. Tips on Translating English into First-Order Logic.
- An Why Aristotelian Logic does not Work www
An essay at Abelard. Aristotelian Logic does not Work.org outlining an argument against Aristotelian syllogistic. Why Aristotelian Logic does not Work.
- Article Peirce's Logic www
Article in the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, Logic, by Eric Hammer. Peirce's Logic.
- The PHILOG www
The Danish Network for Philosophical Logic and its Applications. PHILOG.
- An Logic www
An online textbook by Garth Kemerling, Logic, explaining the basic elements of elementary logic at an undergraduate level. Logic.
- Warwick Dead Logicians Society www
Warwick university's very own logic society aiming to increase and stimulate interest in logic and philosophy of logic at the university. Logicians Society. Offers news and events. Dead Logicians Society.
- Article Relevance Logic www
Article in the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, Logic, by Edwin Mares. Relevance Logic.
- Discusses Peirce and Philo www
Discusses Charles Peirce's account of conditionals, and Philo, hypotheticals, and what he takes from Cicero's account of the debate between Philo and Diodorus. Peirce and Philo.
- Article Conflict without Contradiction: Noncontradiction as a Scientific Modus Operandi www
Article by Don Faust presented at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Conflict without Contradiction: Noncontradiction as a Scientific Modus Operandi.
- The Paraconsistent Logic www
The development of paraconsistent logic was initiated in order to challenge the logical principle that anything follows from contradictory premises, Logic, ex contradictione quodlibet. By Koji Tanaka, from the Stanford Encyclopedia. Paraconsistent Logic.
- Skepticism Digital Bits Skeptic www
Skepticism and critical thinking articles. Digital Bits Skeptic.
- Student Critical Thinking Study Topics www
Student study guide on psychological manipulation, Thinking Study Topics, cult groups, sects, and new religious movements. Critical Thinking Study Topics.
- Report The Paradox of Identity www
Report by William Greenberg. Paradox of Identity. Argues for a Hegelian account of identity. The Paradox of Identity.
- Article Tractarian Reflections on the Identity of Indiscernibles www
Article by Jay Rosenberg. Tractarian Reflections on the Identity of Indiscernibles.
- Articles SkepDic - Logic and Perception www
Articles with many examples covering all variations of faulty thinking. SkepDic - Logic and Perception.
- Atheism Logic and Fallacies www
Atheism Web's guide to logic and fallacies in practical reasoning. Logic and Fallacies.
- Article Between Logic and Heuristic www
Article by S. Logic and Heuristic. L. Katretchko, presented at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Between Logic and Heuristic.
- Short Conceptanalysis, Language and Logic www
Short review to the history and the founders of conceptanalysis. Language and Logic. Discusses the scheme of languages, logic and abstractions and presents a 2-level theory of science's language. Conceptanalysis, Language and Logic.
- Alexa: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy
- DMOZ: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Philosophy of Logic Philosophy