Philosophy of History Philosophy Society.
The term philosophy of history refers to the theoretical aspect of history, in two senses. It is customary to distinguish critical philosophy of history from speculative philosophy of history. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Philosophy of history is the philosophical study of history and the past.
- Philosophy of history Category
- Cliometrics - Cliometrics, sometimes called new economic history, or econometric history, is the systematic application of economic theory, econometric techniques, and other formal or mathematical methods to the study of history. It is a quantitative approach to economic history.
- Cratology - Cratology, from the Greek cratos and logos is the art and science of power: the theory of authority, core ability to lead, rule or manage people - a key phenomenon in the life of man, society and state. It is a new science.
- Global policeman - Global policeman is an informal term for a state which seeks or claims global hegemony. It has been used, firstly, of the British Empire and, since 1945, of the United States, the most influential of the Four Policemen victorious in World War II.
- Historic recurrence - Historic recurrence is the repetition of similar events in history. The concept of historic recurrence has variously been applied to the overall history of the world, to repetitive patterns in the history of a given polity, and to any two specific events which bear a striking similarity.
- Political midlife crisis - A political midlife crisis is a turning point or watershed moment in the fortunes of a governance entity such as an empire, nation, faction, political party, or international alliance.
- State collapse - State collapse, breakdown, or downfall is the complete failure of a mode of government within a sovereign state. Sometimes this brings about a failed state, as in the final decade of Yugoslavia.
- Philosophy of social science
- Social philosophy
- Political philosophy
- Wikipedia The End of History and the Last Man - Wikipedia www
Wikipedia entry for Francis Fukuyama's essay, End of History and the Last Man - Wikipedia, which challenges the Marxist philosophy of history The End of History and the Last Man - Wikipedia.
- Al-Islam Islamic Philosophy of History www
Al-Islam site's explanation of the (Shi'ite) Islamic philosophy of history. Islamic Philosophy of History.
- Brief About.com FAQ www
Brief introductory summary of the Philosophy of History. About.com FAQ.
- Hegel's Hegel's Philosophy of History www
Hegel's philosophy of history from a historian's perspective. Hegel's Philosophy of History.
- Essays Friesian School's Philosophy of History www
Essays on philosophy of history from the Proceedings of the Friesian School. School's Philosophy of History. Summaries of Asian and ancient European philosophies of history. Friesian School's Philosophy of History.
- Paul Philosophy of History www
Paul Newall's contribution to the Galilean Library. History. Introductory summary of the subject. Philosophy of History.
- George History and the Philosophy of History www
George Burton Adams' presidential address to the American Historical Association in 1908. History and the Philosophy of History.
- Articles Enlightenment: Objectivist Scholarship www
Articles from authors following the method of objectivity. Enlightenment: Objectivist Scholarship.
- Universal Identities: How Governed, Who Pays? www
Universal principles of governance in history, How Governed, Who Pays?, based on the concept of individual and group identity, by H. B. Paksoy. Identities: How Governed, Who Pays?.
- Summary Five Epochs of Civilization www
Summary of William McGaughey's "Five Epochs of Civilization", Epochs of Civilization, which splits history into four epochs each centered on a key communication technology. The fifth epoch is his prediction of the future. Five Epochs of Civilization.
- Summary Ibn Khaldun - Life and Work www
Summary of the influential Muslim philosopher's work - in the context of his life experiences. Ibn Khaldun - Life and Work.
- Addresses Feminist History of Philosophy www
Addresses the male-centric distortions in the main philosophies of history. Feminist History of Philosophy.
- Nathan The Next Society www
Nathan Davis's "The next stage: society after capitalism", Next Society, which modifies Historical Materialism to predict a future history. The Next Society.
- Joseph Miller, John William www
Joseph Fell's summary of John William Miller's philosophy. Miller, John William.
- Karl Karl Popper www
Karl Popper's criticism of the belief that history is determined by rules. Karl Popper.
- Ludwig Theory and History www
Ludwig von Mises's book "Theory and History: An interpretation of social and economic evolution", and History, which criticizes historicism, scientism and dialectical materialism. Theory and History.
- A Philosophy of History Archive www
A Russian site (in English) offering a listing of philosophy of history resources worldwide. Philosophy of History Archive.
- Summarizes Philosophers of History www
Summarizes the works of St. History. Augustine, Kant, Herder, Hegel, Marx, Spengler and Toynbee. Philosophers of History.
- Brief Wikipedia Definition www
Brief introductory summary of the Philosophy of History. Wikipedia Definition.
- Links Daniel Little’s New Philosophy of History www
Links to documents containing Professor Little's application of the philosophy of science's approach to the philosophy of history. Daniel Little’s New Philosophy of History.
- Robert Game Theory of Human History www
Robert Wright summarizes his book "Nonzero: The Logic Of Human Destiny", Theory of Human History, which uses game theory to develop a philosophy of history. Game Theory of Human History.
- Site Forrester, Rochelle www
Site attempts to explain the causes of historical social and cultural change, Rochelle, featuring articles about the discovery of agriculture, the invention of the steam engine, chemistry, and the nature of reality. Forrester, Rochelle.
- E-text Variations on a Theme: History as Knowledge of the Past www
E-text of lectures by George L. a Theme: History as Knowledge of the Past. Anderson. Variations on a Theme: History as Knowledge of the Past.
- Comparison Christian Philosophy of History www
Comparison between Jacques Maritain and Nicolas Berdyaev's Christian philosophy of history and their impact on the Christian views of history and of mankind's future. Christian Philosophy of History.
- Rando's Cultural Philosophy of History www
Rando's blog, Philosophy of History, which includes a review of Danto, Gress and Collins's cultural philosophy of history Cultural Philosophy of History.
- Philosophy Progressive Socialism Philosophy of History www
Philosophy of history by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar - founder of the Progressive Utilization Theory (PROUT) also known as Progressive Socialism. Progressive Socialism Philosophy of History.
- M.C. Philosophy of History: A Guide for Students www
M. History: A Guide for Students.C. Lemon's introduction to the Philosophy of History, aimed at students of history. Published by the Questia Online Library. Philosophy of History: A Guide for Students.
- Summarizes Hayden White's "Metahistory" www
Summarizes Hayden White's book "Metahistory: The Historical Imagination in Nineteenth Century Europe", White's "Metahistory", which categories 19th Century historians and philosophers of history. Hayden White's "Metahistory".
- Summary Geoffrey Elton's Philosophy of History www
Summary of the historian Geoffrey Elton's philosophy of history. Geoffrey Elton's Philosophy of History.
- A Alice's Virtual Restaurant www
A collection of links to articles on various history subjects from ancient history to modern times. Alice's Virtual Restaurant.
- Catalog LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - History www
Catalog of journals, Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - History, catalogs, and other scholarly resources in German and English. LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - History.
- Quarterly History and Theory www
Quarterly on critical philosophy of history, and Theory, speculative philosophy of history, historiography, history of historiography, historical methodology, critical theory and time and culture. History and Theory.
- Quarterly Rethinking History www
Quarterly enabling historians to experiment with new ways of presenting and interpreting history. Rethinking History.
- Alphabetical Generation Online www
Alphabetical list of links devoted to social and political philosophers. Generation Online.
- A Philosophy Time Line www
A chronological list of major philosophers. Philosophy Time Line.
- Polish Kelles-Krauz, Kazimierz www
Polish socialist philosopher of history who flourished during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Kelles-Krauz, Kazimierz.
- Alexa: Philosophy of History Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Philosophy of History Philosophy
- DMOZ: Philosophy of History Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Philosophy of History Philosophy