Philosophy for Children aims to develop and preserve the critical, creative and caring thinking and attitude that is natural to children. Dialogue, e.g. on truth, competition, ethics or logic, is one of the tools that can be used. Philosophy for Children Philosophy Society.
Philosophy for Children, sometimes abbreviated to P4C, is a movement that aims to teach reasoning and argumentative skills to children. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Philosophy for Children, sometimes abbreviated to P4C, is a movement that aims to teach reasoning and argumentative skills to children. There are also related methods sometimes called "Philosophy for Young People" or "Philosophy for Kids". Often the hope is that this will be a key influential move towards a more democratic form of democracy. However, there is also a long tradition within higher education of developing alternative methods for teaching philosophy both in schools and colleges.
- Philosophy education - Philosophy education is the practice of teaching and learning philosophy along with the associated scholarly research. It is not philosophy of education, nor the philosophical study of education in general.
- Philosophy of Education - Philosophy of education can refer either to the application of philosophy to the problem of education, examining definitions, goals and chains of meaning used in education by teachers, administrators and policymakers.
- Philosophy education
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy www
Overview and discussion on the introduction of philosophy into the school curriculum; by Michael Pritchard. Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Mailing Yahoo! Groups : Philosophy for Children www
Mailing list averaging 2-3 posts per day. Yahoo! Groups : Philosophy for Children.
- Dialogues Teaching your child philosophy www
Dialogues on truth, your child philosophy, competition, ethics and logic intended for education of children. Teaching your child philosophy.
- Argentina Filosofía para Niños www
Argentina center for Philosophy for Children. para Niños. The English part of the site contains a description of the program, the activities of the center and information about the curriculum. Filosofía para Niños.
- Teach The Philosophy Shop www
Teach philosophy in schools and the community. Philosophy Shop. Information about courses, a blog and articles on philosophy and education. The Philosophy Shop.
- The What is Philosophy for Children? www
The goal has nothing to do with trying to convert children and teenagers into professional philosophers, Philosophy for Children?, but instead, its aim is to develop and preserve their critical, creative and caring thinking and attitude. Information on this international movement. By Stella Accorinti. What is Philosophy for Children?.
- Education Steve Bramall Associates www
Education and training services and resources for philosophy for children in the UK. Steve Bramall Associates.
- Promotes Victorian Association for Philosophy in Schools (VAPS) www
Promotes and supports the teaching of philosophy in schools in Victoria (Australia) with events, Association for Philosophy in Schools (VAPS), recourses and programs. Victorian Association for Philosophy in Schools (VAPS).
- Norwegian Philosophy with Children and Youth www
Norwegian based organisation that promotes P4C. with Children and Youth. Information and resources on concepts like justice, knowledge, truth, responsibility, suffering, identity and freedom. Philosophy with Children and Youth.
- FAPCA Federation of Australasian Philosophy for Children Associations www
FAPCA is the umbrella organisation for Philosophy for Children in Australia and New Zealand. Australasian Philosophy for Children Associations. Information on the P4C project and resources. Federation of Australasian Philosophy for Children Associations.
- National Kids Philosophy Slam www
National and International academic competition. Philosophy Slam. Kids participate in creative writing, philosophy, and art contests with students from around the world. Kids Philosophy Slam.
- Materials Philosophy For Kids www
Materials to use in doing philosophy with children, For Kids, with the emphasis on story resources. Philosophy For Kids.
- Investigates Philosophy for change www
Investigates the place of philosophical inquiry in sustainable development. for change. Contains down-loadable resources. Philosophy for change.
- A Menon-pages www
A Comenius project of 11 European partners which aims to encourage teachers' professional growth by developing their dialogical sensitivity and skills through philosophical enquiry. Menon-pages. Courses and writings on dialogue. Menon-pages.
- Set ChildrenThinking.co.uk www
Set up by practising teachers in order to provide support and training in the area of Philosophy with Children (PWC) coordinating a range of courses and systems of mentoring and support for teachers and students. ChildrenThinking.co.uk. Provides a lot of information on PWC including a printable brochure. ChildrenThinking.co.uk.
- European Sophia www
European Foundation for the Advancement of Doing Philosophy with Children. Sophia. Open organisation for teachers and philosophers. Information channel and gateway to Sophia Nebed, a web environment for members. Sophia.
- Interactive Tuckswood Community First School www
Interactive information with thoughts and ideas from children on philosophical themes and information on their school. Tuckswood Community First School.
- Printed Thinking www
Printed journal devoted to philosophy for children. Thinking. Covers philosophical argument and reflection, classroom transcripts, curricula, empirical research, and reports. Thinking.
- From Institute for the Advancement of Philosophy for Children (IAPC) www
From Montclair State University. for the Advancement of Philosophy for Children (IAPC). Information on goals and principles behind philosophy for children. Provides a complete curriculum in elementary and secondary school philosophy. Institute for the Advancement of Philosophy for Children (IAPC).
- Information North American Associacion for Community of Inquiry www
Information about conferences, American Associacion for Community of Inquiry, P4C programs and a growing collection of links to sites about philosophy for children. North American Associacion for Community of Inquiry.
- Information Austrian Center for Philosophy with Children and Youth www
Information about the center, Center for Philosophy with Children and Youth, events, bibliography and general Philosophy for Children information. Austrian Center for Philosophy with Children and Youth.
- Guide Sapere www
Guide to Philosophy for Children in the UK by SAPERE (Society for the Advancement of Philosophical Enquiry and Reflection in Education) - a small charity whose members are interested in the role of philosophical enquiry in education both as a model of rigorous thinking and as a celebration of wonder and open-mindedness. Sapere.
- Journal Childhood and Philosophy www
Journal of the International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with Children. and Philosophy. Articles in different languages in pdf format. Childhood and Philosophy.
- Philosophy Philosophy in the Schools www
Philosophy for Children Program (P4C) in Hawai. the Schools. Resources, articles and brulletins on the P4C project. Philosophy in the Schools.
- Aims ICPIC - International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with Children www
Aims to strengthen communications among those in different parts of the world who are engaged in philosophical inquiry with children. International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with Children. General information, news, award, journal, overviews of conferences all over the world and links. ICPIC - International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with Children.
- Information Philosophy for Kids www
Information and material on children's philosophy or teaching discussions for teaching philosophy to young children through discussions of children's literature. for Kids. Wiki. Philosophy for Kids.
- Non-profit Northwest Center for Philosophy for Children www
Non-profit organization that brings philosophy into the lives of young people through programs in elementary, Center for Philosophy for Children, middle, and high schools, parent organizations, and other organizations serving young people, with a particular emphasis on reaching children who are at risk and educationally disadvantaged. Northwest Center for Philosophy for Children.
- Committed Dialogue Works www
Committed to constructive communication, Works, aims to help children, teenagers and adults to learn, live and work better through good dialogue - the process of careful listening, questioning and thinking in conversation. Publications, consultancy, training and web resources on dialogue. Dialogue Works.
- Organisation P4C - New Zealand www
Organisation dedicated to involving children in a philosophical 'community of enquiry'. New Zealand. Contains downloadable lesson plans, contact details, events calendar, newsletter and joining information. P4C - New Zealand.
- Courses Sussex School of Philosophy www
Courses based on teachings of eastern and western philosophers to help everyone gain deeper knowledge of their essential nature and the source of happiness. Sussex School of Philosophy.
- A The Tree of Philosophy www
A course of introductory lectures for beginning students of philosophy, Tree of Philosophy, by Stephen Palmquist. The Tree of Philosophy.
- Alexa: Philosophy for Children Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Philosophy for Children Philosophy
- DMOZ: Philosophy for Children Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Philosophy for Children Philosophy