This section includes sites with philosophers as their subject. Content may include biographical and bibliographical information, articles, interviews, electronic texts, mailing lists, and secondary literature. Philosophers Philosophy Society.
A philosopher is someone who practices philosophy, which involves rational inquiry into areas that are outside of either theological dogma or science. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A philosopher is someone who practices philosophy, which involves rational inquiry into areas that are outside either theology or science. The term "philosopher" comes from the Ancient Greek meaning "lover of wisdom". The coining of the term has been attributed to the Greek thinker Pythagoras.
- Sage (philosophy) - A sage, in classical philosophy, is someone who has attained the wisdom which a philosopher seeks. The first to make this distinction is Plato, through the character of Socrates, within the Symposium.
- Lists of philosophers - The alphabetical list of philosophers is so large it had to be broken up into several pages. To look up a philosopher you know the name of, click on the first letter of his or her last name.
- Humanities occupations
- Offers The Window - Philosophers www
Offers biographies and links to further information about a variety of historically significant philosophers. The Window - Philosophers.
- A Philosophy Time Line www
A chronological list of major philosophers. Philosophy Time Line.
- An Philosophers - Alphabetical Index www
An index of leading philosophers. Alphabetical Index. Information for each includes a selection of links to scholarly articles. Philosophers - Alphabetical Index.
- Religious Affiliation of Great Philosophers www
21 philosophers listed according to their religious affiliation, Affiliation of Great Philosophers, with bibliography. Religious Affiliation of Great Philosophers.
- Alphabetical Generation Online www
Alphabetical list of links devoted to social and political philosophers. Generation Online.
- Aimed Fichte, Immanuel Hermann www
Aimed to secure a philosophical basis for the personality of God. Immanuel Hermann. Son of Johann Gottlieb Fichte. Fichte, Immanuel Hermann.
- 19th-century Hello, Ernest www
19th-century French philosopher and essayist. Ernest. Article from the Catholic Encyclopedia, by Susan Tracy Otten. Hello, Ernest.
- Aims Dietrich von Hildebrand Legacy Project www
Aims to preserve the memory and to disseminate the writings of the philosopher, von Hildebrand Legacy Project, religious author, and anti-Nazi activist. Dietrich von Hildebrand Legacy Project.
- Partial George Dickie Home Page www
Partial CV of George T. Dickie Home Page. Dickie. George Dickie Home Page.
- Eli Eli Siegel Collection www
Eli Siegel explained that aesthetics is central not only to art but the sciences. Siegel Collection. Underlying science, art, and the human self are the philosophic opposites they have in common. Eli Siegel Collection.
- By Essays Æsthetical www
By George H. Æsthetical. Calvert. Plain text, HTML, or zip file, at Project Gutenberg. Essays Æsthetical.
- Biography Davis, Diane www
Biography and bibliography of Diane Davis, Diane, professor of rhetoric and philosophy at the European Graduate School. Davis, Diane.
- Biography De Morgan, Augustus www
Biography of the mathematician and logician. Morgan, Augustus. From Interactive Real Analysis. De Morgan, Augustus.
- Sixteenth-century Muret, Marc-Antoine www
Sixteenth-century French humanist. Marc-Antoine. Catholic Encyclopedia article by Paul Lejay. Muret, Marc-Antoine.
- Alexa: Philosophers Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Philosophers Philosophy
- DMOZ: Philosophers Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Philosophers Philosophy