Organizations and associations related to philosophy. Organizations Philosophy Society.
An organization or organisation (see spelling differences ) is an entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association, that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment . (wikipedia)
- Organization An entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association, that has a...
- Organisation (album) The second album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, released in 1980.
- The Organization (film) A 1971 American film starring Sidney Poitier as Virgil Tibbs.
- Organized (album) The only solo album by Morgan Nicholls, released in 2000.
- The O (political group) The O., short for "the Organization", also known as the C.O. or Cooperative Organization, was a...
- Organizing Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Organizing'.
- Meets Society for Exact Philosophy (SEP) www
Meets annually, for Exact Philosophy (SEP), alternating between Canada and the U.S., to provide sustained discussion among researchers who believe that rigorous methods have a place in philosophical investigations. Society for Exact Philosophy (SEP).
- New New Acropolis www
New Acropolis Cultural Association is a non-profit organization whose mission is to revive Philosophy in the Classical Tradition. New Acropolis.
- Holds The Virginia Philosophical Association (VPA) www
Holds annual meetings to promote philosophy and philosophical discussion among faculty or graduate students in philosophy or those with equivalent competence. Virginia Philosophical Association (VPA). The Virginia Philosophical Association (VPA).
- Chartered The Philosophical Society of England www
Chartered "to promote the study of practical philosophy among the general public", Philosophical Society of England, unconfined to the university system. The Philosophical Society of England.
- The Dallas Philosopher's Forum www
The Dallas Philosopher's Forum is a lecture series, Philosopher's Forum, located in the Dallas (Texas) Metroplex, dedicated to bringing philosophy to an interested and educated audience. Dallas Philosopher's Forum.
- Home Aberdeen University Philosophy Society www
Home of the Philosophy Society at the University of Aberdeen. Aberdeen University Philosophy Society.
- Explores Wesleyan Philosophical Society www
Explores themes and issues derived from or related to the theological tradition. Wesleyan Philosophical Society.
- Axiology Institute for Axiological Research / Institut für Axiologische Forschungen www
Institute for Axiological Research / Institut für Axiologische Forschungen.
- Dedicated Society for Philosophical Inquiry www
Dedicated to dusting off and resuscitating philosophical inquiry, for Philosophical Inquiry, wresting philosophy from the confines of academia and giving it back to the people. Society for Philosophical Inquiry.
- Advice, The Stoic Foundation www
Advice, Stoic Foundation, support, discussion group, and a correspondence course in practical Stoicism as a route to personal tranquillity. The Stoic Foundation.
- An Carnegie Council on Ethics and International Affairs www
An independent nonpartisan nonprofit organization dedicated to research and education at the nexus of ethics and international affairs. Council on Ethics and International Affairs. Site provides articles, transcripts and conference reports on the ethical dimensions of different aspects in international affairs. Carnegie Council on Ethics and International Affairs.
- The International Association for Critical Realism www
The IACR was established in 1997 with the basic objective of serving as a networking and facilitating resource for anyone broadly sympathetic to, Association for Critical Realism, or concerned with, realist philosophy and social theory. International Association for Critical Realism.
- Regular Blackheath Philosophy Forum www
Regular public discussion forums on a wide range of philosophical topics including metaphysics, Philosophy Forum, epistemology, moral and political philosophy. Blackheath Philosophy Forum.
- Multi-site Self-Discovery Portal www
Multi-site portal to Philosophical Self-Inquiry Discussion Group and information on systems of maximum self-realization including Advaita Vedanta, Portal, the Albigen System, Ch'an, Taoism and Zen. Self-Discovery Portal.
- Calls South Carolina Society for Philosophy (SCSP) www
Calls for papers, Carolina Society for Philosophy (SCSP), conference programs, history of the Society, and a list of South Carolina philosophy programs. South Carolina Society for Philosophy (SCSP).
- UNESCO UNESCO: Philosophy at UNESCO www
UNESCO pursues its work in the field of intercultural philosophy, Philosophy at UNESCO, including studies of cultural difference and cultural dialogue, and publications bringing together an arrays of views on philosophical and ethical themes. UNESCO: Philosophy at UNESCO.
- Professional Australasian Association of Philosophy www
Professional organization of academic philosophers in Australia and New Zealand. Association of Philosophy. Runs conferences, offers an annual prize for philosophy published in the popular media, and edits the Australasian Journal of Philosophy. Australasian Association of Philosophy.
- Exploring Living Philosophy www
Exploring the ways philosophy can be used in everyday life to dispel illusion, Philosophy, make life more meaningful and help each of us on the planet become more thoughtful. Living Philosophy.
- Organizes Existentialist Society, Australia www
Organizes a series of monthly lectures. Existentialist Society, Australia.
- Professional Canadian Philosophical Association (CPA) www
Professional society for teachers and students of philosophy in Canada. Philosophical Association (CPA). The CPA Bulletin, the journal Dialogue, and online forums to facilitate communication among philosophers. Canadian Philosophical Association (CPA).
- Founded Center for the Study of the Great Ideas www
Founded by Mortimer Adler and Max Weismann. for the Study of the Great Ideas. Dedicated to the proposition that "Philosophy is everybody's business." Center for the Study of the Great Ideas.
- Organizes Scottish Postgraduate Philosophy Association (SPPA) www
Organizes graduate conferences at Scottish Universities and facilitates communication between philosophy postgraduate students in Scotland. Postgraduate Philosophy Association (SPPA). Scottish Postgraduate Philosophy Association (SPPA).
- Provides The Difference Site www
Provides an opportunity to discuss and write about difference, Difference Site, with links to various difference-related resources. The Difference Site.
- Center Lonergan Philosophical Society www
Center at Loyola Marymount University, Philosophical Society, dedicated to the study of the work of Bernard Lonergan. Lonergan Philosophical Society.
- Promotes The Biosophical Institute www
Promotes Biosophy, Biosophical Institute, the science and art of intelligent living based on the awareness and practice of spiritual values, ethical-social principles and character qualities essential to individual freedom and social harmony. The Biosophical Institute.
- A Guide to Philosophy on the Internet: Associations, by Peter Suber www
A comprehensive collection of online philosophy resources. Philosophy on the Internet: Associations, by Peter Suber. Well-organized, easy to navigate, regularly updated. Guide to Philosophy on the Internet: Associations, by Peter Suber.
- Offers Philosophical Society www
Offers short essays on various social and philosophical subjects. Society. Includes a reference library and 'Bon Mot' selection of quotes. Philosophical Society.
- English The Canadian Society for the Study of Practical Ethics (CSSPE) www
English language web site of Société canadienne pour l'étude de l'éthique appliquée (SCEEA); provides society news and history, Canadian Society for the Study of Practical Ethics (CSSPE), membership information, and meeting notices. The Canadian Society for the Study of Practical Ethics (CSSPE).
- Information Limerick Philosophical Society www
Information on forthcoming lectures, Philosophical Society, and lists of previous society lectures. Links to other philosophy sites. Limerick Philosophical Society.
- London-based Philosophy For All www
London-based group which aims to bridge the gap between academic philosophers and the general public. For All. Hosts public lectures, debates, philosophical walks, film evenings and the monthly Kant's Cave talks. Philosophy For All.
- Philosophy Hun School Philosophy Club www
Philosophy discussion group at a secondary school in Princeton, School Philosophy Club, New Jersey. Background, upcoming topics, and selected links. Hun School Philosophy Club.
- Promotes Individualist Research Foundation www
Promotes research and publication among students of the struggle between individualism and collectivism. Individualist Research Foundation.
- Nonprofit Philosopher's Information Center www
Nonprofit organization dedicated to serving philosophers. Information Center. Publisher of The Philosopher's Index, a current, comprehensive subject-and-author index to philosophy articles, books, anthologies, and contributions to anthologies. Philosopher's Information Center.
- The International Plato Society www
The IPS consists today of more than two hundred and fifty Plato scholars from universities and other academic institutions in thirty-five countries. International Plato Society.
- The International Center for Greek Philosophy and Culture www
The ICGPC is a non-profit academic, Center for Greek Philosophy and Culture, research and cultural Institution which was formed in 1987 and established by law in 1990. Its aim is to promote international research into Greek philosophy, and to coordinate and develop the research carried out by specialists in Greek philosophy, and Greek Culture. International Center for Greek Philosophy and Culture.
- Providing The Critical Thinking Community www
Providing a forum and resources about Socratic questioning, Critical Thinking Community, higher order thinking, and critical thinking. Organizer of conferences and publisher of books and academic resources for teachers. The Critical Thinking Community.
- Dedicated American Association of Philosophy Teachers (AAPT) www
Dedicated to the advancement of the art of teaching philosophy; sponsors both a Newsletter and a Biennial Workshop/Conference on teaching philosophy. Association of Philosophy Teachers (AAPT). American Association of Philosophy Teachers (AAPT).
- The AFOS www
The Association for the Foundations of Science, AFOS, Language, and Cognition offers recent news, membership details, and the Foundations of Science journal. AFOS.
- Professional Society for Philosophy and Geography www
Professional organization promotes discussion between the disciplines. for Philosophy and Geography. Includes membership and contact information. Society for Philosophy and Geography.
- Alexa: Organizations Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Organizations Philosophy
- DMOZ: Organizations Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Organizations Philosophy