Metaphysics is a primary subject area in philosophy which investigates the nature, constitution, and structure of reality. It also deals with notions such as causation, time, modality (necessity and possibility), particulars and universals, and the relation of mind to body. Metaphysics Philosophy Society.
Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy concerned with explaining the fundamental nature of being and the world that encompasses it. (wikipedia)
- Metaphysics A branch of philosophy exploring the fundamental questions, including the nature of concepts...
- Metaphysical poets The term metaphysical poets was coined by the critic Samuel Johnson to describe a loose group of...
- Metaphysics (Aristotle) Metaphysics is one of the principal works of Aristotle and the first major work of the branch of...
- Metaphysical art A style of painting developed by the Italian artists Giorgio de Chirico and Carlo Carr .
- Metaphysics A Zimbabwean born film and music producer, also known by his artist name of Metaphysics.
- Metaphysics (album) The second album by Duncan Avoid.
- The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Mereology www
The relations of part to whole and of part to part within a whole; by Achille Varzi. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Mereology.
- A Wikipedia: Metaphysics www
A collaboratively edited article explaining several central metaphysical problems: the problem of objecthood, Metaphysics, the problem of universals, and the mind-body problem. Wikipedia: Metaphysics.
- Proceedings 20th World Congress of Philosophy: Metaphysics www
Proceedings of the 20th WCP, World Congress of Philosophy: Metaphysics, with an archive of papers contributed in Metaphysics. 20th World Congress of Philosophy: Metaphysics.
- Developers The Metaphysics Research Lab www
Developers of the axiomatic theory of abstract objects and relations. The Metaphysics Research Lab.
- Karl-Otto Two Contemporary Approaches to Transcendental Arguments www
Karl-Otto Apel and Zeljko Loparic on their transcendental arguments in critical relationship with other philosophical trends of the age. Two Contemporary Approaches to Transcendental Arguments.
- Hegel's Book I of Hegel's Science of Logic - Being www
Hegel's Science of Logic, of Hegel's Science of Logic - Being, linked to commentary by Lenin. The Doctrine of Being (Quality - Quantity - Measure). Book I of Hegel's Science of Logic - Being.
- Essay Hong Kong Baptist University: Kant's Theocentric Metaphysics www
Essay by Prof. Kong Baptist University: Kant's Theocentric Metaphysics. Stephen Palmquist answering the question, "Was Kant the destroyer of Metaphysics?" Hong Kong Baptist University: Kant's Theocentric Metaphysics.
- Exploring Big Bang Philosophy www
Exploring the consequences of a finite universe. Big Bang Philosophy.
- Designates Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Probabilistic Causation www
Designates a group of philosophical theories that aim to characterize the relationship between cause and effect using the tools of probability theory. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Probabilistic Causation.
- Discussion Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Counterfactual Theories of Causation www
Discussion of analysis of causal statements in terms of counterfactual conditionals; by Peter Menzies. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Counterfactual Theories of Causation.
- Course Theory of Knowledge www
Course taught by James Pryor at Princeton University; includes handouts and lecture notes. Theory of Knowledge.
- From Bohm, Bell, and Boom! Quantum Mechanics and the End of Modern Dualism www
From History and Philosophy of Science, Bell, and Boom! Quantum Mechanics and the End of Modern Dualism, Fall, 1997. By Dr. Ess. Bohm, Bell, and Boom! Quantum Mechanics and the End of Modern Dualism.
- Section Online Papers on Consciousness: Free Will www
Section on free will from David Chalmers' site. Online Papers on Consciousness: Free Will.
- Discusses Lecture Notes on Free Will and Determinism - Prof. Norman Swartz www
Discusses the various problems raised by different concepts of determinism, Notes on Free Will and Determinism - Prof. Norman Swartz, and presents an argument that physical determinism is compatible with free will. Lecture Notes on Free Will and Determinism - Prof. Norman Swartz.
- Provides Henry Laycock www
Provides his biography and publications on ontology and semantics. Henry Laycock.
- Associate Varzi, Achille C. www
Associate Professor, Achille C., Columbia University - specializes in metaphysics and philosophy of logic. Varzi, Achille C..
- Survey Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Modal Fictionalism www
Survey of the view that claims of necessity and possibility are to be construed as fictional claims; by Daniel Nolan. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Modal Fictionalism.
- Writings Modal Realism www
Writings on modal realism and other topics in philosophy; by Damon Woolsey. Modal Realism.
- Resources Ontology. A Resource Guide for Philosophers www
Resources on the development of ontology, Resource Guide for Philosophers, especially in the twentieth century. Ontology. A Resource Guide for Philosophers.
- Robert Metaphysics of Quality www
Robert M. Quality. Pirsig deals with the fundamentals of existence and attempts to provide a more coherent system for understanding reality than current paradigms allow. Metaphysics of Quality.
- Alexa: Metaphysics Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Metaphysics Philosophy
- DMOZ: Metaphysics Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Metaphysics Philosophy