Feminist Philosophy Philosophy Society.
Feminist philosophy refers to philosophy approached from a feminist perspective. Feminist philosophy involves both attempts to use the methods of philosophy to further the cause of the feminist movements, and attempts to criticise or re-evaluate the ideas of traditional philosophy from within a feminist framework. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Feminist philosophy is an approach to philosophy from a feminist perspective and also the employment of philosophical methods to feminist topics and questions. Feminist philosophy involves both reinterpreting philosophical texts and methods in order to supplement the feminist movement and attempts to criticise or re-evaluate the ideas of traditional philosophy from within a feminist framework.
- Feminist philosophy Category
- Analytical feminism - Analytical feminism is a line of philosophy that applies analytic concepts and methods to feminist issues and applies feminist concepts and insights to issues that have traditionally been of interest to analytic philosophers.
- Hypatia transracialism controversy - s editorial board, was the open letter's point of contact.]] An open letter began to circulate on 29 April. Addressed to "Hypatia Editor, Sally Scholz, and the broader Hypatia community", the letter's point of contact was Alexis Shotwell, a member of Hypatias 25-strong editorial board.
- Women in philosophy
- Socialist feminism - Socialist feminism rose in the 1960s and 1970s as an offshoot of the feminist movement and New Left that focuses upon the interconnectivity of the patriarchy and capitalism.
- Feminist theory
- Presents French Feminist Theory www
Presents different works on French Feminism - articles, Feminist Theory, biographies, bibliographies. French Feminist Theory.
- Article Cyberfeminism and Education in the Era of the Exile of Spirit www
Article by Dr. and Education in the Era of the Exile of Spirit. Ilan Gur-Ze'ev, published in: Educational Theory, 49:4,(1999):437-454. Cyberfeminism and Education in the Era of the Exile of Spirit.
- It Radical Philosophy: a journal of socialist and feminist philosophy www
It was founded in 1972 in response to the widely felt discontent with the sterility of academic philosophy at the time (in Britain completely dominated by the narrowest sort of "ordinary language" philosophy), Philosophy: a journal of socialist and feminist philosophy, with the purpose of providing a forum for the theoretical work which was emerging in the wake of the radical movements of the 1960s, in philosophy and other fields. Radical Philosophy: a journal of socialist and feminist philosophy.
- A Women Philosophers www
A page in progress with biographies, Philosophers, articles and links to pages on woman philosophers Women Philosophers.
- This Philosophy Titles www
This list is limited to titles on philosophy written by woman philosophers. Titles. All titles are found in the January 1999 books in print. The most essential works are starred. Philosophy Titles.
- Founded Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (CSWIP) www
Founded in 1976 with the objective of promoting the goals of women in philosophy. Society for Women in Philosophy (CSWIP). Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (CSWIP).
- Helene Helene Cixous www
Helene Cixous Homepage at the European Graduate School including her biography, Cixous, bibliography and links. Helene Cixous.
- Paper Cyberfeminism with a Difference www
Paper by Rosi Braidotti discussing postmodernity and "post-human bodies. with a Difference." Cyberfeminism with a Difference.
- The The Society for Women in Philosophy www
The Society for Women in Philosophy was started in 1972 to promote and support women in philosophy. Society for Women in Philosophy. SWIP holds divisional meetings, meetings in conjunction with the meetings of the American Philosophical Association, and it publishes newsletters. The Society for Women in Philosophy.
- An Approaches to Feminism www
An introductory essay focused on the emergence of contemporary US feminist philosophies. Approaches to Feminism.
- Differences Differences. A journal of feminist cultural studies www
Differences focuses on how concepts and categories of difference-- notably but not exclusively gender--operate within culture. journal of feminist cultural studies. Situated at the point of intersection of cultural studies and feminism, the two most exciting fields of critical inquiry to have opened up in recent years, Differences is affiliated with the Pembroke Center for Teaching and Research on Women at Brown University. Differences. A journal of feminist cultural studies.
- A Association of Feminst Ethics and Social Theory www
A professional organization dedicated to promoting feminist ethical perspectives on philosophy, Feminst Ethics and Social Theory, moral and political life, and public policy. Association of Feminst Ethics and Social Theory.
- Conversation A Conversation with Rosi Braidotti - Kathleen O'Grady www
Conversation about Braidotti's politically motivated philosophy that provides a new framework for reinventing the female subject in our post-metaphysical world. A Conversation with Rosi Braidotti - Kathleen O'Grady.
- Survey Feminist History of Philosophy www
Survey of feminist writing on the philosophical canon; by Charlotte Witt. Feminist History of Philosophy.
- A Theorizing -- Feminism and Postmodernity www
A Conversation with Linda Hutcheon (1997), Feminism and Postmodernity, by Kathleen O'Grady Theorizing -- Feminism and Postmodernity.
- Index Ethics: Gender; Sexism; Moral Voice www
Index to resources on ethics and gender, Gender; Sexism; Moral Voice, ethics and sexism, ethics and moral voice. Ethics: Gender; Sexism; Moral Voice.
- Should Gender Selection - Ethics and Technology www
Should parents be able to select the gender of their child? Austin Cline discusses the ethical issues of gender selection. Gender Selection - Ethics and Technology.
- Canadian Shameless Magazine www
Canadian progressive publication for teenage girls. Magazine. How to subscribe, mailing list, advertising rates, submission guidelines, press, message board, editor's weblog, photos, and links. Shameless Magazine.
- Participatory Women's Web www
Participatory social history site based on the stories of four Australian activists now and over the last fifty years. Web. Sorted by author, subject, and campaign. Women's Web.
- Covers theory.org.uk www
Covers media studies and gender studies, theory.org.uk, with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyberculture, role models, and critical theory. theory.org.uk.
- Alexa: Feminist Philosophy Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Feminist Philosophy Philosophy
- DMOZ: Feminist Philosophy Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Feminist Philosophy Philosophy