Links to the categories of philosophers who are known for their contributions to epistemology. Epistemologists Epistemology Philosophy Society.
Epistemology studies the nature of knowledge, the rationality of belief, and justification. Much of the debate in epistemology centers on four areas: (1) the philosophical analysis of the nature of knowledge and how it relates to such concepts as truth, belief, and justification, (2) various problems of skepticism, (3) the sources and scope of knowledge and justified belief, and (4) the criteria for knowledge and justification. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Epistemology is the branch of philosophy concerned with the theory of knowledge.
- Epistemology Category
- Andragogy - Andragogy refers to methods and principles used in adult education. The word comes from the Greek ????- andr-, meaning "man", and ?????? agogos, meaning "leader of"; it literally means "leading man", whereas "pedagogy" literally means "leading children".
- Epistemological rupture - Epistemological rupture, is a notion introduced in 1938 by French philosopher Gaston Bachelard, and later used by Louis Althusser.
- Epistemic democracy - Epistemic democracy is the "doctrine of the wisdom of the multitude."
- Feminist epistemology - Feminist epistemology is an examination of the subject matter of epistemology, i.e., the theory of knowledge, from a feminist standpoint.
- G del's incompleteness theorems - G del's incompleteness theorems are two theorems of mathematical logic that demonstrate the inherent limitations of every formal axiomatic system containing basic arithmetic.
- Gnosiology - Gnosiology, a term of 18th century aesthetics, is "the philosophy of knowledge and cognition". The term is currently used mainly in regard to Eastern Christianity.
- T.J. The Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife www
T. Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife.J. Winter's translation of this excerpt from Ghazali's The Revival of the Religious Sciences. From the Fordham Medieval Sourcebook. The Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife.
- Basic Abu Hamid al-Ghazali www
Basic information and an extensive collection of annotated links. Abu Hamid al-Ghazali.
- Short Wikipedia: William Alston www
Short entry from this openly-edited reference work. Wikipedia: William Alston.
- Resource The Philosophy of William P. Alston www
Resource page including extensive links and a paper by Michael Sudduth. The Philosophy of William P. Alston.
- Article Wikipedia: Arcesilaus www
Article drawn from the 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica. Wikipedia: Arcesilaus.
- Internet Arcesilaus www
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy article on this thinker, Arcesilaus, with links to related topics. Arcesilaus.
- Collection Aristotle's Political Philosophy Page www
Collection of links and articles dealing with all aspects of Aristotle's political philosophy. Aristotle's Political Philosophy Page.
- Discussion Aristotle and Virtue Ethics www
Discussion forum, and Virtue Ethics, lectures, and links to texts on Aristotle's ethical theories. Aristotle and Virtue Ethics.
- Detailed Pierre Bayle www
Detailed study by Thomas M. Bayle. Lennon, from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Pierre Bayle.
- Extracts Philosophical Commentary on the Words of the Gospel www
Extracts from an anonymous English translation published in 1708. Philosophical Commentary on the Words of the Gospel.
- Scholarly Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: George Berkeley www
Scholarly article on his life and thought. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: George Berkeley.
- Promotes International Berkeley Society www
Promotes studies of the 18th-century Irish philosopher, Berkeley Society, George Berkeley, by organising conferences and symposia, and publishing scholarly work. International Berkeley Society.
- Metaphysical Color www
Metaphysical and epistemological accounts of color. Color. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Barry Maund. Color.
- Kent New Thoughts about Old Things: Cognitive Policies as the Ground of Singular Concepts www
Kent Bach reviews this book by Krista Lawlor. Thoughts about Old Things: Cognitive Policies as the Ground of Singular Concepts. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews. New Thoughts about Old Things: Cognitive Policies as the Ground of Singular Concepts.
- Alexa: Epistemologists Epistemology
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Epistemologists Epistemology
- DMOZ: Epistemologists Epistemology
dmoz.org Directory: Epistemologists Epistemology