A humanistic tradition of East Asian thought, begun by Confucius and continued by later thinkers such as Mencius and Zhu Xi. Confucianism Eastern Philosophy Philosophy Society.
Confucianism, also known as Ruism, is described as tradition, a philosophy, a religion, a humanistic or rationalistic religion, a way of governing, or simply a way of life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Confucianism, also known as Ruism, is described as tradition, a philosophy, a religion, a humanistic or rationalistic religion, a way of governing, or simply a way of life. Confucianism developed from what was later called the Hundred Schools of Thought from the teachings of the Chinese philosopher Confucius, who considered himself a retransmitter of the values of the Zhou dynasty golden age of several centuries before. In the Han dynasty, Confucian approaches edged out the "proto-Taoist" Huang-Lao, as the official ideology while the emperors mixed both with the realist techniques of Legalism.
- Confucianism Category
- Chinese folk religion - Chinese folk religion or Han folk religion is the religious tradition of the Han people, including veneration of forces of nature and ancestors, exorcism of harmful forces, and a belief in the rational order of nature which can be influenced by human beings and their rulers as well as spirits and...
- Confucian art - Confucian art is art inspired by the writings of Confucius, and Confucian teachings. Confucian art originated in China, then spread westwards on the Silk road, southward down to southern China and then onto Southeast Asia, and eastwards through northern China on to Japan and Korea.
- Confucian church - The Confucian church is a Confucian religious and social institution of the congregational type. It was first proposed by Kang Youwei in the last years of the 19th century, as a state religion of Qing China on the model of Europe.
- Confucian view of marriage
- Confucianism in Indonesia - The Supreme Council for the Confucian Religion in Indonesia, is a Confucian church established in 1955 in Indonesia, comprising the communities of practitioners of Confucianism mostly among Chinese Indonesians.
- Edo Neo-Confucianism - Edo Neo-Confucianism, known in Japanese as Shushi-Gaku, refers to the schools of Neo-Confucian philosophy that developed in Japan during the Edo period. Neo-Confucianism reached Japan during the Kamakura period.
- Eastern philosophy
- East Asian religions
- East Asian culture
- Religion in China
- A Confucianism: An Introduction www
A brief historical overview of Confucianism and description of basic Confucian beliefs, Introduction, by Meredith Sprunger. From the Urantia Book Fellowship. Confucianism: An Introduction.
- A Confucianism www
A brief overview of the Confucianism history, Confucianism, belief and ethics. Confucianism.
- Articles Confucius and Confucianism www
Articles and online resources on confucius and the history of Confucianism. Confucius and Confucianism.
- Article Confucian Education www
Article on the historical application of Confucian doctrines to the imperial Chinese educational system. Confucian Education.
- A Confucian Teachings Stand Test of Time www
A year 2000 article from China. Teachings Stand Test of Time.org.cn. Describes the contemporary popularity of Confucian studies in China. Confucian Teachings Stand Test of Time.
- A Confucianism www
A basic outline of the Confucian tradition, Confucianism, its principles and schools, from Religioustolerance.org. Confucianism.
- The Confucianism www
The ideal of conduct, Confucianism, ordering all human relationships and resulting in an ideal social structure and harmony - a famous maxim is: "Never do to others, what you would not like them to do to you." Confucianism.
- An Confucianism www
An illustrated article reviewing the basic Confucian teachings and the history of Confucianism. Confucianism.
- Chapter Ethics of Confucius, Mencius and Xun-zi www
Chapter from a book by Sanderson Beck. Confucius, Mencius and Xun-zi. Discusses the life story and teachings of each of these classical Chinese thinkers. Ethics of Confucius, Mencius and Xun-zi.
- Answers Center for Dao-Confucianism www
Answers to various questions about Confucian doctrine and its role in the world today. Center for Dao-Confucianism.
- Article Confucius and the Scholars www
Article published in The Atlantic in 1999. and the Scholars. Considers the modern revival of Confucianism in the light of recent scholarship which questions Confucianism's historical origins and the appropriateness of "Confucianism" as a general term. Confucius and the Scholars.
- Online Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents www
Online texts of the key works of the Confucian philosophical tradition, Texts - Confucian Documents, including the Confucian canon and four of the Five Classics. Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents.
- Articles Confucianism www
Articles on the various historical manifestations of this philosophical tradition. Confucianism. Part of the PHILTAR Overview of World Religions. Confucianism.
- Article The Cult of Confucius www
Article by Thomas A. Cult of Confucius. Wilson, detailing the historical process by which Confucius and his followers came to be venerated across China. The Cult of Confucius.
- Outlines The Song Confucians' View of History www
Outlines the role of historical inquiry in the Confucian thought of the Chinese Song dynasty. The Song Confucians' View of History.
- Paper The Confucian Filial Obligation and Care for Aged Parents www
Paper by James Wang delivered at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Confucian Filial Obligation and Care for Aged Parents. Sets in opposition the Confucian and Western contractarian understandings of family relations. The Confucian Filial Obligation and Care for Aged Parents.
- Commentary, Confucianism and Confucius www
Commentary, and Confucius, and online texts and resources for the study of this school of thought. Confucianism and Confucius.
- An Catholic Encyclopedia: Confucianism www
An article by Charles F. Encyclopedia: Confucianism. Aiken from this 1912 reference work. Reviews the key teachings and history of Confucianism, and its relation to Christianity. Catholic Encyclopedia: Confucianism.
- Short The 13 Confucian Classics www
Short notes on each of these works from the Confucian canon. The 13 Confucian Classics.
- Articles Confucius and Confucianism www
Articles and online resources on Kong Fu Zi and the history of Confucianism. Confucius and Confucianism.
- Confucius Great Educator-Confucius www
Confucius (５５1B. Educator-Confucius.C.—４７９B.C.), was a great thinker and great educator in China’s history. His thoughts and ideas have influenced the whole history of China and Chinese people. Today, his thoughts and ideas were well known in China and abroad. Great Educator-Confucius.
- Complete Justice with Michael Sandel www
Complete video of Michael Sandel's 'Justice: What's The Right Thing To Do?' course on ethics at Harvard University. with Michael Sandel. Includes episode guide, readings, discussion circle and press releases along with his biography and 2009 Reith lectures. Justice with Michael Sandel.
- Printed The Journal of Ethics www
Printed journal devoted to this branch of philosophy. The Journal of Ethics.
- Short Neo-Confucianism www
Short article by Michael C. Neo-Confucianism. Kalton. Neo-Confucianism.
- A Some Ming Buddhist Responses to Neo-Confucianism www
A 1988 paper by Chun-Fang Yu in the Journal of Chinese Philosophy, Ming Buddhist Responses to Neo-Confucianism, reviewing these replies to Neo-Confucian attacks on Buddhist doctrine. Some Ming Buddhist Responses to Neo-Confucianism.
- Online Serenity Beach www
Online spiritual retreat for encouragement, Beach, healing, spiritual growth. Serenity Beach.
- Online Belief System Selector www
Online questionnaire that rates religions by their compatibility with your beliefs. Belief System Selector.
- Illustrated Confucian Temple in Anshun, Guizhou www
Illustrated tourist article on this preserved Ming Dynasty Chinese Confucian temple. Confucian Temple in Anshun, Guizhou.
- Illustrated Confucian Temple www
Illustrated article on Taiwanese Confucian temples. Confucian Temple.
- Archive Philosophy in Asia: 20th World Congress of Philosophy www
Archive of contributed papers in the subject area of Philosophy in Asia. Philosophy in Asia: 20th World Congress of Philosophy.
- Information Eastern Philosophy www
Information and links regarding Eastern philosophy. Eastern Philosophy.
- Alexa: Confucianism Eastern Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Confucianism Eastern Philosophy
- DMOZ: Confucianism Eastern Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Confucianism Eastern Philosophy