Past and present philosophy in China. Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy Philosophy Society.
Chinese philosophy originates in the Spring and Autumn and Warring States eras, during a period known as the " Hundred Schools of Thought ", which was characterized by significant intellectual and cultural developments. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Chinese philosophy originates in the Spring and Autumn period and Warring States period, during a period known as the "Hundred Schools of Thought", which was characterized by significant intellectual and cultural developments. Although much of Chinese philosophy begins in the Warring States period, elements of Chinese philosophy have existed for several thousand years; some can be found in the Yi Jing, an ancient compendium of divination, which dates back to at least 672 BCE. It was during the Warring States era that what Sima Tan termed the major philosophical schools of China: Confucianism, Legalism, and Daoism, arose, along with philosophies that later fell into obscurity, like Agriculturalism, Mohism, Chinese Naturalism, and the Logicians.
- Chinese philosophy Category
- History of China
- Chinese literature
- Chinese culture
- A Chinese Text Project www
A web-based e-text system which presents complete texts of Chinese philosophy together with their English translations in a structured, Text Project, cross-referenced, and searchable form. Chinese Text Project.
- Published Journal of Chinese Philosophy www
Published on behalf of the International Society for Chinese Philosophy. Journal of Chinese Philosophy.
- A Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy www
A publication of the Association of Chinese Philosophers in America. Journal of Comparative Philosophy. Articles generally relate the Chinese philosophical tradition to the Western tradition. Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy.
- Portal Chinese Philosophy www
Portal to this philosophy. Philosophy. Includes an anthology of texts. Chinese Philosophy.
- This Chinese Philosophy Page www
This site draws together a list of Chinese Philosophy resources available on the Internet. Chinese Philosophy Page.
- A Allspirit Buddhism www
A selection of Buddhist writings from Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhism, Ajahn Sumedho, Joseph Goldstein, and Dogen. Also Four Noble Truths and Noble Eightfold Path. Allspirit Buddhism.
- Wide Kamat's Potpourri: Topics on Buddhism www
Wide ranging topics from a biography of Buddha to Tibetan Buddhist refugees in India. Kamat's Potpourri: Topics on Buddhism.
- A Confucianism: An Introduction www
A brief historical overview of Confucianism and description of basic Confucian beliefs, Introduction, by Meredith Sprunger. From the Urantia Book Fellowship. Confucianism: An Introduction.
- Online Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents www
Online texts of the key works of the Confucian philosophical tradition, Texts - Confucian Documents, including the Confucian canon and four of the Five Classics. Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents.
- A The Legalists www
A short discussion of Legalist doctrine and its broader implications. The Legalists.
- Concise Legalism www
Concise article on the history and doctrines of this school, Legalism, from the PHILTAR Overview of World Religions. Legalism.
- Annotated Chinese Philosophy Page: Mo Jia or Mohism www
Annotated links related to this school of philosophy. Chinese Philosophy Page: Mo Jia or Mohism.
- Extensive Mohism www
Extensive article by Chris Fraser, Mohism, with bibliography. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Mohism.
- Conversion Chinese Lunar Calendar www
Conversion using either time zone or city longitude. Chinese Lunar Calendar.
- Information Chinese Wedding Customs www
Information on traditional and contemporary practices in China and Hong Kong. Chinese Wedding Customs.
- A Taoism and the Taoist Arts www
A general introduction to Taoism and related arts, and the Taoist Arts, such as T'ai Chi, Meditation, Martial Arts and Herbalism. Taoism and the Taoist Arts.
- I-Kuan True Tao Home Page www
I-Kuan Tao in English, Tao Home Page, Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu and other great philosophers, monthly columns, articles on Tao teachings, stories and translations. True Tao Home Page.
- Archive Philosophy in Asia: 20th World Congress of Philosophy www
Archive of contributed papers in the subject area of Philosophy in Asia. Philosophy in Asia: 20th World Congress of Philosophy.
- Information Eastern Philosophy www
Information and links regarding Eastern philosophy. Eastern Philosophy.
- Alexa: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy
- DMOZ: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy