Past and present philosophy in China. Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy Philosophy Society.
Chinese philosophy originates in the Spring and Autumn and Warring States eras, during a period known as the " Hundred Schools of Thought ", which was characterized by significant intellectual and cultural developments. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Chinese philosophy originates in the Spring and Autumn period and Warring States period, during a period known as the "Hundred Schools of Thought", which was characterized by significant intellectual and cultural developments. Although much of Chinese philosophy begins in the Warring States period, elements of Chinese philosophy have existed for several thousand years; some can be found in the Yi Jing, an ancient compendium of divination, which dates back to at least 672 BCE. It was during the Warring States era that what Sima Tan termed the major philosophical schools of China: Confucianism, Legalism, and Daoism, arose, along with philosophies that later fell into obscurity, like Agriculturalism, Mohism, Chinese Naturalism, and the Logicians.
- Chinese philosophy Category
- History of China
- Chinese literature
- Chinese culture
- A Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy www
A publication of the Association of Chinese Philosophers in America. Journal of Comparative Philosophy. Articles generally relate the Chinese philosophical tradition to the Western tradition. Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy.
- Portal Chinese Philosophy www
Portal to this philosophy. Philosophy. Includes an anthology of texts. Chinese Philosophy.
- This Chinese Philosophy Page www
This site draws together a list of Chinese Philosophy resources available on the Internet. Chinese Philosophy Page.
- Published Journal of Chinese Philosophy www
Published on behalf of the International Society for Chinese Philosophy. Journal of Chinese Philosophy.
- A Chinese Text Project www
A web-based e-text system which presents complete texts of Chinese philosophy together with their English translations in a structured, Text Project, cross-referenced, and searchable form. Chinese Text Project.
- Blog DangZang www
Blog about spiritual teachings and teachers (genuine and not), DangZang, books, events, particularly focussed on Kagyu and other Tibetan traditions, special reference to Sydney and NSW. DangZang.
- Buddhist Manjushri Buddhist Community www
Buddhist history, Buddhist Community, teachings, way of life, and the locations of the Buddhist Dharma centers and temples. Manjushri Buddhist Community.
- Article Confucius and the Scholars www
Article published in The Atlantic in 1999. and the Scholars. Considers the modern revival of Confucianism in the light of recent scholarship which questions Confucianism's historical origins and the appropriateness of "Confucianism" as a general term. Confucius and the Scholars.
- Online Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents www
Online texts of the key works of the Confucian philosophical tradition, Texts - Confucian Documents, including the Confucian canon and four of the Five Classics. Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents.
- Course Legalism According to Schwartz www
Course notes for students of this classical Chinese tradition. Legalism According to Schwartz.
- Chapter Legalism, Qin Empire and Han Dynasty www
Chapter from an online book by Sanderson Beck. Qin Empire and Han Dynasty. Reviews the Legalist tradition in its historical and intellectual context. Legalism, Qin Empire and Han Dynasty.
- A Chinese Text Project www
A web-based e-text system which presents the full text of Mozi in a structured, Text Project, cross-referenced, and searchable form. Chinese Text Project.
- Annotated Chinese Philosophy Page: Mo Jia or Mohism www
Annotated links related to this school of philosophy. Chinese Philosophy Page: Mo Jia or Mohism.
- Discussion Chinese Lunar Calendar - Astronomical Programming www
Discussion of the relationship between the Chinese and Western calendars, Lunar Calendar - Astronomical Programming, with related data. Chinese Lunar Calendar - Astronomical Programming.
- Articles Ron Gluckman www
Articles on various aspects of the country by a Hong Kong-based reporter. Ron Gluckman.
- I-Kuan True Tao Home Page www
I-Kuan Tao in English, Tao Home Page, Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu and other great philosophers, monthly columns, articles on Tao teachings, stories and translations. True Tao Home Page.
- A Taoism and the Philosophy of Tai Chi Chuan www
A summary of the growth of Taoism and information on deities and major figures in both religious and philosophical Taoism. Taoism and the Philosophy of Tai Chi Chuan.
- Information Eastern Philosophy www
Information and links regarding Eastern philosophy. Eastern Philosophy.
- Archive Philosophy in Asia: 20th World Congress of Philosophy www
Archive of contributed papers in the subject area of Philosophy in Asia. Philosophy in Asia: 20th World Congress of Philosophy.
- Alexa: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy
- DMOZ: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Chinese Philosophy Eastern Philosophy