Philosophers strongly associated with the analytic tradition of 20th-century and contemporary thought. Philosophers Analytic Philosophy Philosophy Society.
A philosopher is someone who practices philosophy, which involves rational inquiry into areas that are outside of either theological dogma or science. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A philosopher is someone who practices philosophy, which involves rational inquiry into areas that are outside either theology or science. The term "philosopher" comes from the Ancient Greek meaning "lover of wisdom". The coining of the term has been attributed to the Greek thinker Pythagoras.
- Sage (philosophy) - A sage, in classical philosophy, is someone who has attained the wisdom which a philosopher seeks. The first to make this distinction is Plato, through the character of Socrates, within the Symposium.
- Lists of philosophers - The alphabetical list of philosophers is so large it had to be broken up into several pages. To look up a philosopher you know the name of, click on the first letter of his or her last name.
- Humanities occupations
- Article John Austin www
Article from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Brian Bix, Austin, reviewing this thinker's life, influences and views, and criticisms made by other philosophers. John Austin.
- Text A. J. Ayer to Harrod, 2 December 1933 www
Text of two letters in which Ayer lays out his thoughts on verification. A. J. Ayer to Harrod, 2 December 1933.
- Concise FOLDOC: Ayer Alfred Jules www
Concise entry from this philosophical database. FOLDOC: Ayer Alfred Jules.
- C. Time www
C. Time. D. Broad's article in the "Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics," ed. James Hastings et al, Vol. 12 (Edinburgh and New York, 1921): 334-45. Time.
- Primary Philosophical Alternatives by C. D. Broad www
Primary and secondary bibliographies, Alternatives by C. D. Broad, and extensive online texts, compiled and introduced by Andrew Chrucky. Philosophical Alternatives by C. D. Broad.
- Article Wikipedia: Rudolf Carnap www
Article discussing the philosophers life and ideas. Wikipedia: Rudolf Carnap.
- His Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Rudolf Carnap www
His life and work, Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Rudolf Carnap, by Mauro Murzi. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Rudolf Carnap.
- An The Reistic, or Concretistic, Approach www
An article by Tadeusz Kotarbinski. Reistic, or Concretistic, Approach. First published in Mysl Wspolczesna, 1949. The Reistic, or Concretistic, Approach.
- Article Kripkenstein: Rule and Indeterminacy www
Article by Xin Sheen Liu, Rule and Indeterminacy, of Syracuse University, presented at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Comparative approach, covering indeterminacy theses of Kripke, Wittgenstein and Quine. Kripkenstein: Rule and Indeterminacy.
- An Wittgenstein on Rules and Private Language www
An electronic companion to this text by Kripke, Rules and Private Language, including commentary, bibliographies, and biographical information on Kripke. Wittgenstein on Rules and Private Language.
- Article Analytic Philosophy www
Article by Roger Jones on this tradition and its development from Frege to Rorty. Analytic Philosophy.
- Organizational European Society for the Analytic Philosophy www
Organizational information, Society for the Analytic Philosophy, events, newsletter archive. European Society for the Analytic Philosophy.
- Alexa: Philosophers Analytic Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Philosophers Analytic Philosophy
- DMOZ: Philosophers Analytic Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Philosophers Analytic Philosophy