Linguistic Turn Analytic Philosophy Philosophy Society.
Very different intellectual movements were associated with the "linguistic turn", although the term itself is commonly thought to be popularised by Richard Rorty 's 1967 anthology The Linguistic Turn, in which it is taken to mean the turn towards linguistic philosophy. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The linguistic turn was a major development in Western philosophy during the early 20th century, the most important characteristic of which is the focusing of philosophy and the other humanities primarily on the relationship between philosophy and language.
- Linguistic turn Category
- Cultural turn - The cultural turn is a movement beginning in the early 1970s among scholars in the humanities and social sciences to make culture the focus of contemporary debates; it also describes a shift in emphasis toward meaning and away from a positivist epistemology.
- Semiotics - Semiotics is the study of meaning-making, the study of sign process and meaningful communication. It is not to be confused with the Saussurean tradition called semiology which is a subset of semiotics.
- History of linguistics
- History of philosophy
- History of ideas
- Philosophical movements
- Philosophy of language
- Contemporary philosophy
- Article Cognitive Turn and Linguistic Turn www
Article by Jean-Michel Roy presented at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Turn and Linguistic Turn. Argues that the linguistic turn of philosophy, the idea that the study of language illuminates long standing philosophical issues, has given way to a cognitive turn, centering on the study of the mind. Cognitive Turn and Linguistic Turn.
- Brief Ordinary Language Philosophy www
Brief historical survey of ordinary language philosophy by Garth Kemerling. Ordinary Language Philosophy.
- Wikipedia Anti-realism www
Wikipedia article on this term coined by Dummett. Anti-realism.
- Brief FOLDOC: Dummett Michael A.E. www
Brief entry from this philosophic database, Dummett Michael A.E., with links to related topics. FOLDOC: Dummett Michael A.E..
- Portal Wittgenstein Page www
Portal devoted to overviews of websites about Wittgenstein, Page, his philosophy, and his work. Wittgenstein Page.
- Entry Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Wittgenstein www
Entry by Duncan J. Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Wittgenstein. Richter outlining Wittgenstein's thought and place in philosophy. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Wittgenstein.
- Review Review of `Origins of Analytical Philosophy' www
Review by Mitchell Green of the book by Michael Dummett, `Origins of Analytical Philosophy', which locates the origins of the gulf between analytical philosophy and phenomenology in some apparently minor divergences in the thought of Frege and Husserl about the relationship between concepts and language. Review of `Origins of Analytical Philosophy'.
- A Themes in Contemporary Analytic Philosophy As Reflected in the Work of Monty Python www
A highly accessible discussion of the chief issues in the analytic discourse of the 20th century. Contemporary Analytic Philosophy As Reflected in the Work of Monty Python. By Gary L. Hardcastle. Themes in Contemporary Analytic Philosophy As Reflected in the Work of Monty Python.
- Alexa: Linguistic Turn Analytic Philosophy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Linguistic Turn Analytic Philosophy
- DMOZ: Linguistic Turn Analytic Philosophy
dmoz.org Directory: Linguistic Turn Analytic Philosophy