Women's Studies is an interdisciplinary field of inquiry that critically examines women's roles, achievements, and experiences, both historically and cross-culturally. Women's Studies brings to light valuable information about women in the family, at work, in the arts, in politics, and in the sciences--information that traditional scholarship has overlooked. Women's Studies explores the relationship between cultural definitions of feminine behavior and the realities of women's lives. It considers the ways class, race, ethnicity, and age shape the female experience. Women's Studies examines the ways in which gender -- our notions of masculinity and femininity -- is socially and culturally constructed rather than determined by biology alone. Women's Studies Women People Society.
Popular methodologies within the field of women's studies include standpoint theory, intersectionality, multiculturalism, transnational feminism, autoethnography, and reading practices associated with critical theory, post-structuralism, and queer theory. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Women's studies is an interdisciplinary field of academic study that examines gender as a social and cultural construct, the social status and contributions of women, and the relationships between power and gender.
- Women's studies Category
- Separatist feminism - Separatist feminism is a form of radical feminism that holds that opposition to patriarchy is best done through focusing exclusively on women and girls.
- Feminist Formations - Feminist Formations is a peer-reviewed academic journal established in 1988 as the NWSA Journal; the name was changed beginning with the Spring 2010 issue.
- Signs (journal) - Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society is a peer-reviewed feminist academic journal. It was established in 1975 by Catharine R. Stimpson, and is published quarterly by the University of Chicago Press.
- Feminist Review - Feminist Review is a triannual peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal with a focus on exploring gender in its multiple forms and interrelationships. The journal was established in 1979. It is published by Palgrave Macmillan and is edited by a collective.
- Feminist Studies - Feminist Studies is a peer-reviewed academic journal covering women's studies that was established in 1972. It is an independent nonprofit publication housed at the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland.
- Feminist economics - Feminist economics is the critical study of economics including its methodology, epistemology, history and empirical research, attempting to overcome androcentric biases.
- Women and education
- Women's history
- Women's Studies/Women's Issues Resource Sites www
Annotated listing of information-rich web sites offering resources for women's studies or women's issues. Studies/Women's Issues Resource Sites. Fifteen topical sub-sections to aid searches.
- Covers theory.org.uk www
Covers media studies and gender studies, theory.org.uk, with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyberculture, role models, and critical theory. theory.org.uk.
- RU's Peering into the Kaleidoscope by Hilary Lips www
RU's Center for Gender Studies provides aspects of Award-Recipient Hilary Lips' Distinguished American Scholar Lectures on social and cross-cultural viewpoints women, into the Kaleidoscope by Hilary Lips, power, awards, leadership and related themes. Peering into the Kaleidoscope by Hilary Lips.
- Feminization Women, Education, and Economic Participation www
Feminization of poverty, Education, and Economic Participation, glass ceilings, pay equity, work-family balance, and women in a learning society: themes from Award-Recipient Hilary Lips' Distinguished American Scholar Lectures. Women, Education, and Economic Participation.
- Categorized Feminism & Women's Studies www
Categorized links to women's studies and feminist works. Feminism & Women's Studies.
- These Core Lists in Women's Studies www
These Core Lists of books in women's studies are intended to assist women's studies librarians and collection development librarians in building women's studies collections. Lists in Women's Studies. Because the lists include only books currently in print, they also serve as a guide to teaching faculty in selecting available course readings. The focus of the lists is on women in the United States. Each list consists of 20 to 75 titles, and the most important five to ten titles are starred. Core Lists in Women's Studies.
- The Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies www
The bibliographies have been prepared by librarians, Bibliographies in Women's Studies, women's studies faculty members, graduate students in library and information studies, staff members of the Women's Studies Librarian's Office, and others. Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies.
- Information Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research www
Information on Swedish women's studies and gender research. Secretariat for Gender Research. Links to centres, libraries, and databases. Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research.
- Newcomb Center For Research On Women www
Newcomb College Center For Research On Women. For Research On Women. Multi-function Center housing collections, sponsoring visiting scholars, guest speakers. Interesting resource with solid content. Center For Research On Women.
- SPSMM Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity www
SPSMM is Division 51 of American Psychological Association. for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity. It clearly delineates its assumptions and goals concerning masculinity in Western Society. Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity.
- Offers Manukau Institute of Technology www
Offers programmes at degree, Institute of Technology, diploma, and certificate level. Manukau Institute of Technology.
- Received Dr. Sally Roesch Wagner www
Received one of the first doctorates awarded for work in women's studies, Sally Roesch Wagner, and helped found one of the country's first programs. The author of numerous books and articles as well as a nationally-known lecturer. Dr. Sally Roesch Wagner.
- Psychology Hilary Lips: Women's Studies & Center for Gender Studies www
Psychology Professor, Lips: Women's Studies & Center for Gender Studies, Director, author of several books, numerous research articles and national, international lecturer and consultant at Radford University Hilary Lips: Women's Studies & Center for Gender Studies.
- Alexa: Women's Studies Women
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Women's Studies Women
- DMOZ: Women's Studies Women
dmoz.org Directory: Women's Studies Women