Women's Studies is an interdisciplinary field of inquiry that critically examines women's roles, achievements, and experiences, both historically and cross-culturally. Women's Studies brings to light valuable information about women in the family, at work, in the arts, in politics, and in the sciences--information that traditional scholarship has overlooked. Women's Studies explores the relationship between cultural definitions of feminine behavior and the realities of women's lives. It considers the ways class, race, ethnicity, and age shape the female experience. Women's Studies examines the ways in which gender -- our notions of masculinity and femininity -- is socially and culturally constructed rather than determined by biology alone. Women's Studies Women People Society.
Popular methodologies within the field of women's studies include standpoint theory, intersectionality, multiculturalism, transnational feminism, autoethnography, and reading practices associated with critical theory, post-structuralism, and queer theory. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Women's studies is an academic field that draws on feminist and interdisciplinary methods in order to place women's lives and experiences at the center of study, while examining social and cultural constructs of gender; systems of privilege and oppression; and the relationships between power and gender as they intersect with other identities and social locations such as race, sexual orientation, socio-economic class, and dis/ability.
- Women's studies Category
- Separatist feminism - Separatist feminism is a form of radical feminism that holds that opposition to patriarchy is best done through focusing exclusively on women and girls.
- Feminist Formations - Feminist Formations is a peer-reviewed academic journal established in 1988 as the NWSA Journal; the name was changed beginning with the Spring 2010 issue.
- Signs (journal) - Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society is a peer-reviewed feminist academic journal. It was established in 1975 by Catharine R. Stimpson, and is published quarterly by the University of Chicago Press.
- Feminist Review - Feminist Review is a triannual peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal with a focus on exploring gender in its multiple forms and interrelationships. The journal was established in 1979. It is published by Palgrave Macmillan and is edited by a collective.
- Feminist Studies - Feminist Studies is a peer-reviewed academic journal covering women's studies that was established in 1972. It is an independent nonprofit publication housed at the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland.
- Feminist economics - Feminist economics is the critical study of economics including its methodology, epistemology, history and empirical research, attempting to overcome androcentric biases.
- Women and education
- Women's history
- Covers theory.org.uk www
Covers media studies and gender studies, theory.org.uk, with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyberculture, role models, and critical theory. theory.org.uk.
- RU's Peering into the Kaleidoscope by Hilary Lips www
RU's Center for Gender Studies provides aspects of Award-Recipient Hilary Lips' Distinguished American Scholar Lectures on social and cross-cultural viewpoints women, into the Kaleidoscope by Hilary Lips, power, awards, leadership and related themes. Peering into the Kaleidoscope by Hilary Lips.
- Anthropologist Sinai Bedouin Women www
Anthropologist Ann Gardner's pages on Sinai Bedouin women. Sinai Bedouin Women.
- Searchable Gender Inn www
Searchable database of information on feminist theory, Inn, feminist literary criticism, and gender studies, with a focus on English and American literature. Available in English and German. Gender Inn.
- Categorized Feminism & Women's Studies www
Categorized links to women's studies and feminist works. Feminism & Women's Studies.
- The Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies www
The bibliographies have been prepared by librarians, Bibliographies in Women's Studies, women's studies faculty members, graduate students in library and information studies, staff members of the Women's Studies Librarian's Office, and others. Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies.
- The The National Center for Curriculum Transformation Resources on Women www
The National Center for Curriculum Transformation Resources on Women Focuses on curriculum change projects and activities, National Center for Curriculum Transformation Resources on Women, Provides information on helpful resources for faculty as well as organizational materials for project directors, Specializes in the scholarship on women and diversity, Is oriented toward faculty in both secondary and postsecondary education The National Center for Curriculum Transformation Resources on Women.
- Newcomb Center For Research On Women www
Newcomb College Center For Research On Women. For Research On Women. Multi-function Center housing collections, sponsoring visiting scholars, guest speakers. Interesting resource with solid content. Center For Research On Women.
- Information Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research www
Information on Swedish women's studies and gender research. Secretariat for Gender Research. Links to centres, libraries, and databases. Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research.
- Masculinities Georgetown Bibliography on Masculinity and Gender www
Masculinities and gender bibliography. Georgetown Bibliography on Masculinity and Gender.
- Professional Center for Gender Studies at Radford University www
Professional and student work on the ways societies shape and define expectations for women and men. for Gender Studies at Radford University. Cites gender-related research, lectures, and events at Radford. Center for Gender Studies at Radford University.
- Ellen Journey on the Appalachian Trail www
Ellen Wolfe finished as the first woman thru-hiker in 1997. the Appalachian Trail. Through motivating stories and slides, she speaks about her 4 months and 23 day adventure on the 2,160-mile Appalachian Trail. Her journey, Hike For Healing, raised $10,000 for breast cancer research. Journey on the Appalachian Trail.
- Theater addverbproductions.com www
Theater for Social Change, addverbproductions.com, produced by Cathy Plourde. addverbproductions.com.
- Alexa: Women's Studies Women
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Women's Studies Women
- DMOZ: Women's Studies Women
dmoz.org Directory: Women's Studies Women