This section will provide information on sites covering various aspects of women and science-technology, including links to technical and professional organizations geared to women and support groups for women in the sciences and technology. Science and Technology Women People Society.
Science :58 is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Science and technology is a topic that encompasses science, technology, and the interactions between the two. Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of explanations and predictions about nature and the universe. Technology is the collection of techniques, methods or processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation, or any other consumer demands.
- Science and technology Category
- Women-Related Science/Technology Sites www
Extensive and frequently updated, Science/Technology Sites, Includes articles, sites, and projects concerned with information technology
- Dedicated The Hypatia Institute www
Dedicated to gender equity in physics, Hypatia Institute, astronomy, and the sciences in general; with resources for students, teachers, and scientists. The Hypatia Institute.
- Forum WomenTechWorld - the Women's Technician Club www
Forum for women in technology and trade careers to network with other women technicians and/or employers – offering job listings, the Women's Technician Club, e-mentoring, biographies of women role models and an email discussion group. WomenTechWorld - the Women's Technician Club.
- A Women Scientists www
A project of the National Academy of Sciences intended for young people; aims to showcase the accomplishments of contemporary women in science. Women Scientists.
- Global Gender, Science, and Technology Gateway www
Global web portal presented by the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (UNCSTD). Science, and Technology Gateway. Resources, publications, and policy recommendations pertaining to sustainable development. Gender, Science, and Technology Gateway.
- An Women and Science www
An EU initiative for research by, and Science, for, and about women. Part of the Socio-Economic Knowledge Base and Improving the Human Research Potential programs. Women and Science.
- A WSSLinks: Science and Technology www
A large collection of links to websites relating to Women in Science and Technology. WSSLinks: Science and Technology.
- A Technicalwoman.com www
A discussion board for technical women across the world. Technicalwoman.com.
- The European Platform of Women Scientists www
The European Platform of Women Scientists will give European women scientists a voice in the research policy debate. Platform of Women Scientists. The aim is to promote the understanding of the gender issue in science. European Platform of Women Scientists.
- Enables The Daphne Jackson Trust www
Enables scientists, Daphne Jackson Trust, engineers and IT specialists to return to work in the UK after a career break. The Daphne Jackson Trust.
- European Strategies of Inclusion: Gender and the Information Society www
European research project by 5 leading universities on current state of women and ICTs, Inclusion: Gender and the Information Society, from use through careers to design. Strategies of Inclusion: Gender and the Information Society.
- "The The Gender Chip Project www
"The Gender Chip Project" documentary and companion materials designed to assist teachers, Gender Chip Project, parents and mentors who are encouraging girls to the pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The Gender Chip Project.
- Profiles, Women of NASA www
Profiles, NASA, events, archives. Women of NASA.
- WITI Women in Technology International www
WITI - support and services for women in business and technology. Women in Technology International.
- Frequently-updated, Women-Related Science/Technology Email Lists www
Women-Related Science/Technology Email Lists.
- Site Engineer Girl www
Site intended for girls that highlights opportunities in engineering careers in the United States. Girl. Includes links, profiles of women engineers, and interactive features. Engineer Girl.
- United Global Alliance for Diversifying the Science and Engineering Workforce www
United States government initiative for increasing the participation of women in the science and engineering workforce worldwide and supporting other underrepresented groups. Alliance for Diversifying the Science and Engineering Workforce. Events, reports, projects, profiles of prominent women, and links. Global Alliance for Diversifying the Science and Engineering Workforce.
- Women Is the Glass Half Full? www
Women in science. the Glass Half Full?. From Scientific American. Is the Glass Half Full?.
- Aims Women Into Science and Technology www
Aims to attract and retain women in mathematics and science courses and careers through a multi-level activity and mentoring program. Women Into Science and Technology.
- Project PDK Poster Project www
Project by Pam Kivelson that creates paintings and photography to promote in women and girls an awareness and appreciation of science, Poster Project, mathematics, and technology, with a focus on careers in those fields. PDK Poster Project.
- Encourages Women and Girls Tech Up www
Encourages women and girls and the organizations which serve them to use technology to share ideas, and Girls Tech Up, opinions, support, creativity and political action. Women and Girls Tech Up.
- Think Institute For Women And Technology www
Think tank for investigating how technology should be developed for maximum accessibility and usefulness to women. Institute For Women And Technology.
- Vermont Women in Technology Project www
Vermont Technical College's project to encourage young women in middle school and high school to study math, Technology Project, science and technology. Lots of links. Women in Technology Project.
- WiSETI WiSETI - The University of Cambridge Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Initiative www
WiSETI - The University of Cambridge Women in Science, The University of Cambridge Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Initiative, Engineering and Technology Initiative. Organizes events (workshops and lectures). WiSETI - The University of Cambridge Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Initiative.
- An Tapping the Talent www
An agenda for action for business to increase the talent available to them by encouraging more young women into science, the Talent, engineering and technology. Tapping the Talent.
- A Women on Women www
A support group for women in science. Women on Women.
- Dedicated Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science www
Dedicated to integrating women into nontraditional careers by providing training/technical assistance to the education system and employers. Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science.
- Magazine Women in Natural Resources www
Magazine designed and written by and for women in forestry, Natural Resources, fisheries, wildlife, range, recreation, soils, and the environmental and social sciences as they relate to natural resources. Women in Natural Resources.
- Lists 4000 Years of Women in Science www
Lists names from our scientific and technical past. 4000 Years of Women in Science.
- A Mums in Science www
A portal for busy mothers who work or have worked in any aspect of science. Mums in Science.
- The Athena SWAN www
The Athena SWAN Charter is a recognition scheme for UK universities and their science, SWAN, engineering and technology (SET) departments. It aims to assist the recruitment, retention and progression of women in SET. Athena SWAN.
- The Women's Initiatives Committee www
The Women's Initiatives Committee of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) aims to assist AIChE in taking a leadership role in promoting the entry, Initiatives Committee, development and full participation of women in the Institute and the profession. Women's Initiatives Committee.
- A Pi Zine www
A paper zine published by women who stand outside the social norm. Zine. Includes issue excerpts and publication information. Pi Zine.
- Encourages Girls Go Tech www
Encourages girls to become interested in math, Tech, science, and technology. Also contains games, careers information, and other resources. Girls Go Tech.
- Serves National Academy of Sciences - Committee on Women in Science and Engineering www
Serves as a national focus to advocate action for increasing the participation of women in the science and engineering workforce. National Academy of Sciences - Committee on Women in Science and Engineering.
- Career GirlGeeks www
Career site for women in information technology, GirlGeeks, providing access to jobs, mentors, training and career development resources to help techy women get ahead. GirlGeeks.
- For PlanetGrrl www
For and by women and grrls in the UK in or interested in new media and technology and other grrl stuff. PlanetGrrl.
- A CSWA Women in Astronomy Database www
A database of women currently working in astronomy and their contact information. CSWA Women in Astronomy Database.
- Notes Women at Work: A Meeting on the Status of Women in Astronomy www
Notes from a 1992 workshop for women astronomers. Women at Work: A Meeting on the Status of Women in Astronomy.
- Biography Remembering Marguerite Vogt www
Biography and scientific review of Marguerite Vogt, Marguerite Vogt, MD, an influential woman scientist who died in July 2007. Remembering Marguerite Vogt.
- Personal Dr. Dale Emeagwali www
Personal website of African American microbiologist and National Technical Association's "1996 Scientist of the Year" award. Dr. Dale Emeagwali.
- Email Women-Related Lists for Internet Information www
Email lists that focus on the internet and cyberculture. Women-Related Lists for Internet Information.
- Awards ICT Gender Awards www
Awards for projects by women using ICT's for the promotion of gender equality and/or women's empowerment. ICT Gender Awards.
- Biography Maria Mitchell www
Biography of the 19th century American astronomer. Maria Mitchell.
- Provides Nobel Prize Women in Science www
Provides complete online access to Sharon Bertsch McGrayne's book (revised 2001 edition). Prize Women in Science. Included are biographies of ten women who have won the Nobel Prize, as well as five other women who contributed to others' attainment of this honor. Nobel Prize Women in Science.
- Committee Canadian Mathematical Society www
Committee for Women in Mathematics website with links to resources about education, Mathematical Society, biographies, organizations, and books. Canadian Mathematical Society.
- Group International Statistics Institute - Committee Women in Statistics www
Group supporting women statisticians and working to encourage women to enter the field. International Statistics Institute - Committee Women in Statistics.
- Provides National Mentoring Scheme for Women in SET (MentorSET) www
Provides mentoring for Women in Science, Mentoring Scheme for Women in SET (MentorSET), Engineering and Technology in the UK. Includes Peer2peer group for women of ethnic backgrounds. National Mentoring Scheme for Women in SET (MentorSET).
- Club CAGIS - Canadian Association for Girls In Science www
Club for girls who get together with women scientists and do fun experiments. Canadian Association for Girls In Science. Site also has games and experiments to do at home. CAGIS - Canadian Association for Girls In Science.
- Alexa: Science and Technology Women
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Science and Technology Women
- DMOZ: Science and Technology Women
dmoz.org Directory: Science and Technology Women