Both academic and other sites which provide findings, research, and studies of men and the issues affecting men. Includes treatments of men and masculinity in history, theater and film, literature and cultural studies. Men's Studies Men People Society.
- Wikipedia: Men's studies, often called men and masculinities in academic settings, is an interdisciplinary academic field devoted to topics concerning men, masculinity, feminism, gender, and politics. It draws upon feminist theory in order to analyze different ideologies having to do with masculinity, and through such analysis to examine the multiple masculinities contained in the idea of masculinity itself. Men's studies also academically examine what it means to be a man in contemporary society.
- Men's studies Category
- Gender studies - Gender studies is a field for interdisciplinary study devoted to gender identity and gendered representation as central categories of analysis. This field includes women's studies, men's studies and queer studies. Sometimes, gender studies is offered together with study of sexuality.
- Masculism - Masculism or masculinism may variously refer to advocacy of the rights or needs of men and boys; the adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, attitudes, etc. regarded as typical of men and boys.
- Men and feminism
- Men's liberation - The consciousness and philosophy of men's liberation is split into two factions. One, informed by feminism, is critical of the restraints which a patriarchal society imposes on men. The second is informed by masculism.
- Men's movement - The men's movement is a social movement consisting of groups and organizations of men and their allies who focus on gender issues and whose activities range from self-help and support to lobbying and activism.
- Men's rights - The men's rights movement is a part of the larger men's movement. It branched off from the men's liberation movement in the early 1970s.
- Gender studies
- A Institute for Fatherhood Studies www
A collection of university theses and specialized reviews, for Fatherhood Studies, a series of single-subject files on fatherhood, the family and minors. Institute for Fatherhood Studies.
- Michigan Masculinity and Imperialism Bibliography www
Michigan State University list of books and articles on men and societies that rule others by force. Masculinity and Imperialism Bibliography.
- Masculinities Georgetown Bibliography on Masculinity and Gender www
Masculinities and gender bibliography. Georgetown Bibliography on Masculinity and Gender.
- Dr. Masculinism, what is it? www
Dr. what is it?. Lemke's paper at City University of New York (Brooklyn) on 'Masculinity and Academic Discourse: Issues and Themes.' Masculinism, what is it?.
- SPSMM Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity www
SPSMM is Division 51 of American Psychological Association. for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity. It clearly delineates its assumptions and goals concerning masculinity in Western Society. Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity.
- Offers Manukau Institute of Technology www
Offers programmes at degree, Institute of Technology, diploma, and certificate level. Manukau Institute of Technology.
- About Men's Studies Press www
About a small independent publisher dedicated to the dissemination of the work of men's studies scholars. Men's Studies Press.
- Professional Center for Gender Studies at Radford University www
Professional and student work on the ways societies shape and define expectations for women and men. for Gender Studies at Radford University. Cites gender-related research, lectures, and events at Radford. Center for Gender Studies at Radford University.
- Essay Masculinity-Femininity: Society's Difference Dividend www
Essay which uses cutting edge social research to expose John Gray's real views on masculinity and femininity. Masculinity-Femininity: Society's Difference Dividend.
- Description A Man's Place www
Description of 'A Man's Place: Masculinity and the Middle-Class Home in Victorian England' by John Tosh. A Man's Place.
- Essay Castration: An Abbreviated History of Western Manhood www
Essay by Gary Taylor. Castration: An Abbreviated History of Western Manhood.
- Covers theory.org.uk www
Covers media studies and gender studies, theory.org.uk, with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyberculture, role models, and critical theory. theory.org.uk.
- Alexa: Men's Studies Men
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Men's Studies Men
- DMOZ: Men's Studies Men
dmoz.org Directory: Men's Studies Men