Welfare groups who work directly with or are composed of public assistance recipients. Welfare Organizations Society.
Welfare is the provision of a minimal level of well-being and social support for citizens without current means to support basic needs, sometimes referred to as public aid. (wikipedia)
- Welfare A government's support for the poor citizens and residents of society who do not have an...
- Welfare state A concept of government in which the state plays a key role in the protection and promotion of...
- Animal welfare The well-being of animals.
- Economic welfare or Welfare definition of economics, an attempt by the neoclassical economist Alfred Marshall to...
- Corporate welfare A term that analogizes corporate subsidies to welfare payments for the poor.
- Tibetan Welfare Office Acting within the Tibetan Ministry of the Interior and is part of the central Tibetan...
- Milwaukee Welfare Warriors www
Milwaukee group works to create a voice for mothers in poverty through organization and media. Welfare Warriors.
- Community Community Voices Heard www
Community Voices Heard (CVH) is an organization of low-income people, Voices Heard, predominantly women on welfare, working together to make improvements in our community, and advance the political, economic and social rights of low-income people on welfare and other low-wage workers. Community Voices Heard.
- Make Make The Road By Walking www
Make the Road by Walking is a not-for-profit, The Road By Walking, membership-led organization based in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Our members are primarily low-income Latino and African-American residents of Bushwick and surrounding neighborhoods. Make the Road by Walking fights for justice and opportunity through community organizing on issues of concern to our multi-generational membership. Make The Road By Walking.
- Solutions Solutions www
Solutions to Issues of Concern to Knoxvilliansis a grassroots social justice organization that seeks to unite diverse people, Solutions, regardless of their age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, income, or background, to work for changes on issues of common concern. Solutions.
- GRO- Grass Roots Organizing www
GRO- Grass Roots Organizing is agrassroots organization that gives voice to individuals and communities in the pursuit of economic and human rights. Grass Roots Organizing.
- Works Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW) www
Works in Washington, Opportunities for Women (WOW), DC and across the US to achieve economic independence and equality of opportunity for women and girls. Supports technical assistance, training, and other programs. Event information, links to affiliated resource sites, publications, and ways to support the organization are provided. Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW).
- A Californians for Justice www
A statewide grassroots organization working to empower communities that have been pushed to the margins of the political process in California. Californians for Justice.
- A Wisconsin 9 to 5 www
A national grassroots membership organization that strengthens women's ability to work for economic justice. Wisconsin 9 to 5.
- A Direct Action Welfare Group www
A grassroots group of current and former public assistance recipients in West Virginia who work on welfare and poverty issues. Direct Action Welfare Group.
- LIFETIME LIFETIME www
LIFETIME is a nonprofit organization created by student mothers at the University of California Berkeley who completed college degrees while raising their families on welfare, LIFETIME, and who are committed to helping other do the same. LIFETIME.
- The Philadelphia Unemployment Project www
The Philadelphia Unemployment Project is a membership organization of low-wage workers and the unemployed. Unemployment Project. PUP has fought for jobs and for economic justice since 1975. We are also an unemployed workers center that helps people win unemployment cases, save their houses, and get access to health care. Philadelphia Unemployment Project.
- A Just Harvest www
A membership organization which promotes economic justice and works to influence public policy and to educate, Harvest, empower, and mobilize the citizens of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Just Harvest.
- Statewide Affirmative Options Coalition www
Statewide coalition advocating and organizing for a comprehensive approach to welfare reform and economic security in Minnesota. Affirmative Options Coalition.
- Building Stand For Children www
Building a powerful, For Children, grassroots citizen voice to ensure all children have the opportunity to grow up healthy, educated, and safe. Stand For Children.
- Conducts Educate the Children www
Conducts educational and community development projects in Nepal. Educate the Children.
- Policy Urban Institute www
Policy think tank that tracks welfare, Institute, Social Security, Medicare, and other domestic policy issues. Urban Institute.
- The Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance www
The federal agency that administers the federal government's primary welfare program, for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance.
- Paper Privatization of Public Social Services www
Paper provides a general overview of the extent of privatization of public services in the areas of social services, Public Social Services, welfare, and employment; rationales for privatizing service delivery, and evidence of effectiveness or problems. Prepared by the Urban Institute, October 1997. Privatization of Public Social Services.
- Alexa: Welfare Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Welfare Organizations
- DMOZ: Welfare Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Welfare Organizations