This section is intended for links to regional directories of organizations and links to ODP regional categories containing collections of organizations. Regional Organizations Society.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions
- Offices Initiative for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia www
Offices in Washington, for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia, DC and six cities in the former Soviet Union, guided by the belief that meeting current social and ecological challenges depends on more equitable distribution of resources, open access to information and greater cooperation among groups and individuals. Initiative for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia.
- Supporting Bridge to Asia www
Supporting education and research in developing countries in Asia. Asia. Sends donated books and journals to universities; provides research services using the Internet to answer urgent and complex questions; and helps to develop libraries and computer networks. Bridge to Asia.
- America's Asia Society www
America's leading institution dedicated to educating Americans about Asia and fostering understanding between Americans and the peoples of Asia and the Pacific. Asia Society.
- The Danube Foundation www
The foundation aims to contribute to the exchange of ideas among young Europeans in Eastern, Foundation, Central and western Europe. Includes mission statement and details of founding members. Danube Foundation.
- Groups Europe Traditionae Consortium www
Groups from five countries seek to preserve and share their culture and heritage. Europe Traditionae Consortium.
- A Middle East Librarians Association www
A private non-profit organization aiming to support the study of the Middle East. East Librarians Association. Includes a profile, objectives and a list of members. Middle East Librarians Association.
- Independent Middle East Forum www
Independent organization, East Forum, devoted to advancing the U.S.-Israeli and U.S.-Turkish relationships in the Middle East. Includes a profile, articles, research papers, writings, staff and employment opportunities. Middle East Forum.
- A IFPRA Asia Pacific www
A worldwide organisation of professional bodies representing parks, Asia Pacific, recreation, amenity, cultural, leisure and related services. IFPRA Asia Pacific.
- Formed Pacific Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA) www
Formed in 1995 to meet the common needs of all Pacific islanders in northern California. Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA). It is comprised of many interested volunteers and members of numerous clubs rooted in the wide range of interests including outrigger canoes, music, dance, language, history, folk arts, foods, and athletics. Pacific Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA).
- Alexa: Regional Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Regional Organizations
- DMOZ: Regional Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Regional Organizations