This section is intended for links to regional directories of organizations and links to ODP regional categories containing collections of organizations. Regional Organizations Society.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions
- Offices Initiative for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia www
Offices in Washington, for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia, DC and six cities in the former Soviet Union, guided by the belief that meeting current social and ecological challenges depends on more equitable distribution of resources, open access to information and greater cooperation among groups and individuals. Initiative for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia.
- Changing GlobAsia www
Changing global and regional conditions for industrial development and environment protection in Asia. GlobAsia.
- A American Councils for International Education www
A not-for-profit organization leading the development and exchange of knowledge between the US and Eastern Europe and Eurasia. American Councils for International Education.
- A European Movement www
A civil movement mobilizing citizens and lobbing for a Constitution of a democratic, Movement, federal, enlarged union based on solidarity, human rights, peace and a social market economy. European Movement.
- The Danube Foundation www
The foundation aims to contribute to the exchange of ideas among young Europeans in Eastern, Foundation, Central and western Europe. Includes mission statement and details of founding members. Danube Foundation.
- A ANERA www
A non-profit, ANERA, charitable organization, concerned with the development needs of Palestinians and Lebanese, and in turn, increasing public understanding of the region to promotes peace in the region. Includes a profile and an overview of projects. ANERA.
- An Arab Center of Washington www
An association of Arabs living in Washington D. Center of Washington.C. Features a profile, photos and links to Arab resources. Arab Center of Washington.
- LionNet LionNet Oceania www
LionNet links to Oceania sites and Lions International clubs. LionNet Oceania.
- An Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania www
An international organization dedicated to comparative studies of topics and cultural anthropology in Oceania. Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania.
- Alexa: Regional Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Regional Organizations
- DMOZ: Regional Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Regional Organizations