This section is intended for links to regional directories of organizations and links to ODP regional categories containing collections of organizations. Regional Organizations Society.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions
- Offices Initiative for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia www
Offices in Washington, for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia, DC and six cities in the former Soviet Union, guided by the belief that meeting current social and ecological challenges depends on more equitable distribution of resources, open access to information and greater cooperation among groups and individuals. Initiative for Social Action and Renewal in Eurasia.
- Supporting Bridge to Asia www
Supporting education and research in developing countries in Asia. Asia. Sends donated books and journals to universities; provides research services using the Internet to answer urgent and complex questions; and helps to develop libraries and computer networks. Bridge to Asia.
- International Servants to Asia's Urban Poor www
International network of Christian teams working in large Asian cities. Asia's Urban Poor. News, profiles of member organizations, how to help. Servants to Asia's Urban Poor.
- News, Circom - European Association of Regional Televisions www
News, European Association of Regional Televisions, training program, mailing list, and information on activities. Circom - European Association of Regional Televisions.
- Movement Paneuropean Union www
Movement campaigning for a united Europe since the 1920s. Union. Provides history, application form, and links to local groups. Paneuropean Union.
- International The Arab Women's Solidarity Association www
International non-profit organization, Arab Women's Solidarity Association, promoting active participation in social, economic, cultural, and political life by Arab women. Includes a profile, mailing list, chat, forum, overview of activities, and a photo gallery. The Arab Women's Solidarity Association.
- Independent Middle East Forum www
Independent organization, East Forum, devoted to advancing the U.S.-Israeli and U.S.-Turkish relationships in the Middle East. Includes a profile, articles, research papers, writings, staff and employment opportunities. Middle East Forum.
- Formed Pacific Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA) www
Formed in 1995 to meet the common needs of all Pacific islanders in northern California. Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA). It is comprised of many interested volunteers and members of numerous clubs rooted in the wide range of interests including outrigger canoes, music, dance, language, history, folk arts, foods, and athletics. Pacific Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA).
- A Soroptimist International of the South West Pacific www
A worldwide organisation for women in management and professions working through service projects to advance human rights and the status of women. International of the South West Pacific. Provides programme and project information, club meetings and bulletin board. Soroptimist International of the South West Pacific.
- Alexa: Regional Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Regional Organizations
- DMOZ: Regional Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Regional Organizations