Regional Animal Welfare Organizations Society.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions
- A Animals Asia Foundation www
A government-registered charity based in Hong Kong devoted to the health and welfare of wild, Asia Foundation, domesticated and endangered species through the Asian continent. Animals Asia Foundation.
- A Zoo Outreach Organisation www
A conservation, Outreach Organisation, education, research and animal welfare society covering South Asia and India. Includes overview of zoos in the region, database of detailed animal information, research and conservation programs, and zoo history. Zoo Outreach Organisation.
- Private Paradise Animal Welfare Sanctuary www
Private rescue shelter run out of a private home in St. Animal Welfare Sanctuary. Thomas, Virgin Islands. Paradise Animal Welfare Sanctuary.
- International Born Free www
International wildlife charity working to prevent cruelty and alleviate suffering. Free. News, educational materials, photos, FAQ, and information about ways for individuals to become involved. Born Free.
- A United Animal Nations www
A national non-profit animal advocacy organization whose mission is to protect animals in danger or need and to focus global attention on their plight to create a more humane world. United Animal Nations.
- Alexa: Regional Animal Welfare
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Regional Animal Welfare
- DMOZ: Regional Animal Welfare
dmoz.org Directory: Regional Animal Welfare