Advocacy Organizations Society.
Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions. Advocacy can include many activities that a person or organization undertakes including media campaigns, public speaking, commissioning and publishing research or conducting exit poll or the filing of an amicus brief. Lobbying is a form of advocacy where a direct approach is made to legislators on an issue which plays a significant role in modern politics. Research has started to address how advocacy groups in the United States and Canada are using social media to facilitate civic engagement and collective action.
- Advocacy group - Advocacy groups use various forms of advocacy in order to influence public opinion and/or policy. They have played and continue to play an important part in the development of political and social systems.
- Activism by type
- Advocacy groups
- Advocate American Benefits Council www
Advocate for voluntary private employee benefits, Benefits Council, based in Washington, DC, USA. Mission, members, issues, news, publications, and calendar. American Benefits Council.
- A The Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc. www
A human rights oriented education and advocacy organization, Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc., which organises demonstrations and educational initiatives. The Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc..
- CCC Center for Community Change www
CCC helps poor people develop their own strong organizations to improve their communities and change policies and institutions that affect their lives. Center for Community Change.
- An Creations Guardians www
An education and outreach organization dedicated to a vision of a new world where there is no hatred, Guardians, violence, hunger or poverty and in which the environment and all of the creatures are protected from destruction and mismanagement by both public and private interests. Creations Guardians.
- Founded Southern Poverty Law Center www
Founded in 1971, Poverty Law Center, is a non-profit organization that combats hate, intolerance and discrimination through education and litigation. Located in Montgomery, Alabama, it is also the site of the Maya Lin-designed Civil Rights Memorial. Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Dedicated Office of the Americas www
Dedicated to the cause of Justice and Peace in the hemisphere through broad based educational programs. Office of the Americas.
- National Alliance for Justice www
National association of environmental, for Justice, civil rights, mental health, women's, children's and consumer advocacy organizations. Alliance for Justice.
- Promoting Children by Choice Association www
Promoting women's right to safe, Choice Association, legal abortion. For women, by women. Based in Queensland, Australia. Children by Choice Association.
- Professional National Abortion Federation www
Professional association for abortion practitioners. Abortion Federation. Offers information on abortion, clinic violence, and pro-choice views on related issues. National Abortion Federation.
- Pro-life Life Athletes www
Pro-life organization of athletes who commit themselves to "respect the lives of others, Athletes, especially the unborn and the aged." Open to all persons who are willing to honor the LA commitment. Life Athletes.
- Organization Life Dynamics www
Organization with an "Abortion Malpractice Litigation" campaign which supports women who have been killed, Dynamics, injured, or sexually assaulted while having abortions. Life Dynamics.
- A Anti-Telemarketing EGBG Counterscript www
A diagram of questions you can use to give telemarketers a taste of their own medicine. Anti-Telemarketing EGBG Counterscript.
- What Life History & Media Project www
What does it mean to be political these days? Young citizens tell their stories of using the media to inform themselves and get involved in politics. Life History & Media Project.
- Conducts Companion Animal Welfare Council www
Conducts and publishes independent research and studies into the welfare, Animal Welfare Council, care, and treatment of companion animals and their role within society. Companion Animal Welfare Council.
- Non-profit Animal Welfare Institute www
Non-profit charitable organization founded in 1951 to reduce the sum total of pain and fear inflicted on animals by humans. Welfare Institute. Information about programs, publications, and news. Animal Welfare Institute.
- Database Children and Armed Conflict Unit www
Database containing up-to-date information on issues about children and armed conflict, and Armed Conflict Unit, including press releases and links to other relevant sites. Children and Armed Conflict Unit.
- Provides North Carolina Child Advocacy Institute www
Provides news, Carolina Child Advocacy Institute, reports, and resources on issues affecting the well-being of North Carolina's children. Special emphasis on child abuse, health care, education, and juvenile justice. North Carolina Child Advocacy Institute.
- Features Queensland Council for Civil Liberties www
Features a searchable database of topical documents, Council for Civil Liberties, aims, office bearers, membership information. Queensland Council for Civil Liberties.
- Minority Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law www
Minority Advocacy. Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. Focuses on Voting Rights, Education, Housing, Lending, Employment, and Public Policy. Contains press releases, links, and job opportunities. Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
- Alexa: Advocacy Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Advocacy Organizations
- DMOZ: Advocacy Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Advocacy Organizations