Advocacy Organizations Society.
Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions. Advocacy can include many activities that a person or organization undertakes including media campaigns, public speaking, commissioning and publishing research or conducting exit poll or the filing of an amicus brief. Lobbying is a form of advocacy where a direct approach is made to legislators on an issue which plays a significant role in modern politics. Research has started to address how advocacy groups in the United States and Canada are using social media to facilitate civic engagement and collective action.
- Advocacy group - Advocacy groups use various forms of advocacy in order to influence public opinion and/or policy. They have played and continue to play an important part in the development of political and social systems.
- Activism by type
- Advocacy groups
- CCC Center for Community Change www
CCC helps poor people develop their own strong organizations to improve their communities and change policies and institutions that affect their lives. Center for Community Change.
- An Creations Guardians www
An education and outreach organization dedicated to a vision of a new world where there is no hatred, Guardians, violence, hunger or poverty and in which the environment and all of the creatures are protected from destruction and mismanagement by both public and private interests. Creations Guardians.
- National Alliance for Justice www
National association of environmental, for Justice, civil rights, mental health, women's, children's and consumer advocacy organizations. Alliance for Justice.
- Advocate American Benefits Council www
Advocate for voluntary private employee benefits, Benefits Council, based in Washington, DC, USA. Mission, members, issues, news, publications, and calendar. American Benefits Council.
- A The Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc. www
A human rights oriented education and advocacy organization, Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc., which organises demonstrations and educational initiatives. The Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc..
- Founded Southern Poverty Law Center www
Founded in 1971, Poverty Law Center, is a non-profit organization that combats hate, intolerance and discrimination through education and litigation. Located in Montgomery, Alabama, it is also the site of the Maya Lin-designed Civil Rights Memorial. Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Dedicated Office of the Americas www
Dedicated to the cause of Justice and Peace in the hemisphere through broad based educational programs. Office of the Americas.
- New South Jersey Clinic Defense Coalition www
New Jersey group provides front-lines abortion clinic defense as well as pro-choice information, Jersey Clinic Defense Coalition, resources and humor. South Jersey Clinic Defense Coalition.
- The NOW and Abortion Rights www
The National Organization for Women has a list of pro-choice resources, and Abortion Rights, a list of their pro-choice activities, and a list of pro-choice activities that individuals can participate in. NOW and Abortion Rights.
- Group Saint John the Baptist Pro-Life League www
Group of Catholic students regularly meeting in Massachusetts for prayer against abortion. Saint John the Baptist Pro-Life League.
- Organization Life Dynamics www
Organization with an "Abortion Malpractice Litigation" campaign which supports women who have been killed, Dynamics, injured, or sexually assaulted while having abortions. Life Dynamics.
- All Associations Unorthodox www
All about unconventional, Unorthodox, unrestrained and unrepentant strategic thinking on the future of associations and the association community. Associations Unorthodox.
- A Essential Information www
A non-profit organization founded by Ralph Nader which encourages citizens to become active and engaged in their communities. Information. Site links to opinion articles on current issues. Essential Information.
- International Animals Without Frontiers www
International animal and nature organization. Without Frontiers. News, petitions, campaigns, and an Internet based animal identification system. Animals Without Frontiers.
- International Care For The Wild www
International wildlife charity dedicated to protecting animals from cruelty and exploitation. For The Wild. Includes fact sheets, news, information about current projects, and an online shop. Care For The Wild.
- Identifies New Jersey Office of the Child Advocate www
Identifies systemic problems that prevent government or community agencies from achieving positive outcomes for children. Jersey Office of the Child Advocate. Projects, newsletter, hotline, and information on child abuse. New Jersey Office of the Child Advocate.
- Dedicated Save Abandoned Babies Foundation www
Dedicated to publicizing an Illinois law designed to assist women who might otherwise abandon their babies in unsafe places. Abandoned Babies Foundation. Offers adoption information, outreach materials, and a hotline. Save Abandoned Babies Foundation.
- A Canadian Civil Liberties Association www
A non-profit, Civil Liberties Association, non-government law-reform organization dealing with issues of fundamental civil liberties and human rights that affect those who live in Canada. Canadian Civil Liberties Association.
- Issues, New South Wales Council for Civil Liberties www
Issues, South Wales Council for Civil Liberties, news, events, and publications, and how to file a complaint. Features letters written by prominent citizens about civil liberties. New South Wales Council for Civil Liberties.
- Alexa: Advocacy Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Advocacy Organizations
- DMOZ: Advocacy Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Advocacy Organizations