Advocacy Organizations Society.
Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions. Advocacy can include many activities that a person or organization undertakes including media campaigns, public speaking, commissioning and publishing research or conducting exit poll or the filing of an amicus brief. Lobbying is a form of advocacy where a direct approach is made to legislators on an issue which plays a significant role in modern politics. Research has started to address how advocacy groups in the United States and Canada are using social media to facilitate civic engagement and collective action.
- Advocacy group - Advocacy groups use various forms of advocacy in order to influence public opinion and/or policy. They have played and continue to play an important part in the development of political and social systems.
- Activism by type
- Advocacy groups
- National Alliance for Justice www
National association of environmental, for Justice, civil rights, mental health, women's, children's and consumer advocacy organizations. Alliance for Justice.
- A The Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc. www
A human rights oriented education and advocacy organization, Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc., which organises demonstrations and educational initiatives. The Peace and Justice Foundation, Inc..
- Advocate American Benefits Council www
Advocate for voluntary private employee benefits, Benefits Council, based in Washington, DC, USA. Mission, members, issues, news, publications, and calendar. American Benefits Council.
- CCC Center for Community Change www
CCC helps poor people develop their own strong organizations to improve their communities and change policies and institutions that affect their lives. Center for Community Change.
- An Creations Guardians www
An education and outreach organization dedicated to a vision of a new world where there is no hatred, Guardians, violence, hunger or poverty and in which the environment and all of the creatures are protected from destruction and mismanagement by both public and private interests. Creations Guardians.
- Founded Southern Poverty Law Center www
Founded in 1971, Poverty Law Center, is a non-profit organization that combats hate, intolerance and discrimination through education and litigation. Located in Montgomery, Alabama, it is also the site of the Maya Lin-designed Civil Rights Memorial. Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Dedicated Office of the Americas www
Dedicated to the cause of Justice and Peace in the hemisphere through broad based educational programs. Office of the Americas.
- Contains Feminist Majority Foundation: Reproductive Rights www
Contains links, Majority Foundation: Reproductive Rights, news articles, action alerts, and reports on the FMF's National Clinic Violence Survey. Feminist Majority Foundation: Reproductive Rights.
- Created Alaska Pro-Choice Alliance www
Created to protect and promote reproductive rights and services through education, Pro-Choice Alliance, advocacy and referrals. Alaska Pro-Choice Alliance.
- Promotes Feminists for Life of America www
Promotes a feminism with a pro-life stance emphasizing nonviolence. for Life of America. Includes Spanish language resources. Feminists for Life of America.
- Non-profit Children of God www
Non-profit prolife organization designed to address current life issues and provide research and response. Children of God.
- A Anti-Telemarketing EGBG Counterscript www
A diagram of questions you can use to give telemarketers a taste of their own medicine. Anti-Telemarketing EGBG Counterscript.
- All Associations Unorthodox www
All about unconventional, Unorthodox, unrestrained and unrepentant strategic thinking on the future of associations and the association community. Associations Unorthodox.
- International Animals Without Frontiers www
International animal and nature organization. Without Frontiers. News, petitions, campaigns, and an Internet based animal identification system. Animals Without Frontiers.
- Registered Worldwide Veterinary Service www
Registered UK charity that supplies veterinary resources, Veterinary Service, in the form of volunteer teams, drugs, equipment and advice to help animal charities and non-profit organisations around the world. Worldwide Veterinary Service.
- Provides North Carolina Child Advocacy Institute www
Provides news, Carolina Child Advocacy Institute, reports, and resources on issues affecting the well-being of North Carolina's children. Special emphasis on child abuse, health care, education, and juvenile justice. North Carolina Child Advocacy Institute.
- Independent Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth www
Independent agency created by the state legislature to advocate for children and support community efforts to improve the lives of children. Commission on Children and Youth. Newsletter, data, and legislation. Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth.
- Minority Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law www
Minority Advocacy. Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. Focuses on Voting Rights, Education, Housing, Lending, Employment, and Public Policy. Contains press releases, links, and job opportunities. Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
- Issues, New South Wales Council for Civil Liberties www
Issues, South Wales Council for Civil Liberties, news, events, and publications, and how to file a complaint. Features letters written by prominent citizens about civil liberties. New South Wales Council for Civil Liberties.
- Alexa: Advocacy Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Advocacy Organizations
- DMOZ: Advocacy Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Advocacy Organizations