Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices Society.
Vegetarianism / v ɛ dʒ ɪ ˈ t ɛər i ə n ɪ z əm / is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat ( red meat, poultry, seafood, and the flesh of any other animal ), and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat, and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter.
- Vegetarianism Category
- Adolf Hitler and vegetarianism
- Carnivore - A carnivore, meaning "meat eater", is an organism that derives its energy and nutrient requirements from a diet consisting mainly or exclusively of animal tissue, whether through predation or scavenging.
- Cultured meat - Cultured meat, also called clean meat, lab-grown meat, test tube meat, tube steak, or in vitro meat, is meat grown in cell culture instead of inside animals. It is a form of cellular agriculture.
- Economic vegetarianism - An economic vegetarian is a person who practices vegetarianism from either the philosophical viewpoint that the consumption of meat is expensive, part of a conscious simple living strategy or just because of necessity.
- Environmental impact of meat production - The environmental impact of meat production varies because of the wide variety of agricultural practices employed around the world. All agricultural practices have been found to have a variety of effects on the environment.
- Environmental vegetarianism - Environmental vegetarianism is the practice of vegetarianism or eating a plant-based diet based on the indications that animal-based industries are environmentally destructive or unsustainable.
- Intentional living
- Ethical theories
- VegSource www
Vegetarian and vegan recipes, VegSource, discussion boards, articles, information from medical doctors, experts and nutritionists, and a community of people who share an interest in health, diet and the planet.
- Provides Andrew Veg www
Provides reasons to live a vegetarian lifestyle. Veg. Includes nutritional guides, religious and philosophical discussions. Andrew Veg.
- Questions The Veggie Table www
Questions and answers about vegetarianism. Veggie Table. Vegetarian and vegan recipes, cookbook recommendations, getting started articles, and a recipe-exchange forum. The Veggie Table.
- Includes The Veg Blog www
Includes news and links. The Veg Blog.
- A GoVeg www
A how-to guide to vegetarianism and veganism includes FAQ, GoVeg, links and resources. One of the PETA family of sites. GoVeg.
- Includes Veggie Global www
Includes an abundance of vegetarian resources. Veggie Global.
- Lists Vegetarian Beers www
Lists many (mainly British) beers and whether or not they are suitable for vegetarians. Vegetarian Beers.
- Rates VRG's Veggie Quiz www
Rates your knowledge of vegetarianism. VRG's Veggie Quiz.
- Contains Meat Filter www
Contains information and news for vegetarians and vegans. Meat Filter.
- An Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet www
An essay by Reed Mangels on how vegetarians can easily meet their nutrient needs during pregnancy. Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet.
- Reports Beyond Vegetarianism www
Reports from veterans of vegetarian and raw-food diets, Vegetarianism, veganism, fruitarianism, and instinctive eating, plus new science from paleolithic diet research and clinical nutrition. Beyond Vegetarianism.
- Registered Vegetarian Society www
Registered charity present news, Society, recipes, events calendar, and educational material. Vegetarian Society.
- Covers Vegetarian Resources www
Covers vegetarianism history, Resources, associations and dishes. Vegetarian Resources.
- Australian WhyVeg www
Australian site about being vegetarian includes recipes, WhyVeg, ethical and health related information. WhyVeg.
- Definition, Vegetarian Diet www
Definition, Diet, origin and history of vegetarianism; lots of useful information, including how to raise infants on a vegetarian/vegan diet. Vegetarian Diet.
- Lists Veg Dining www
Lists over 1000 vegetarian restaurants located worldwide. Dining. Site visitors can submit restaurant reviews. Veg Dining.
- List Famousveggie.com www
List of famous vegetarians/vegans with quotes, Famousveggie.com, links, recipes and a list of vegetarian restaurants. Famousveggie.com.
- Lists Vegetarian Tips www
Lists hundreds of tips and mini-facts relating to vegetarianism, Tips, vegans, health, nutrition, animal welfare, environment, and recipes. Vegetarian Tips.
- Provides GladCow www
Provides a resource for people who are choosing a cruelty-free and health conscious lifestyle including discussion forums, GladCow, recipes and news. GladCow.
- Recipes Veggies Unite www
Recipes are included here. Veggies Unite.
- Community Go Vegetarian! www
Community message board for vegetarians and vegans, Vegetarian!, or anyone who is just interested in the meat-free lifestyle. Contains mainly recipes, and questions and answers on vegetarian/vegan food. Go Vegetarian!.
- An In a Vegetarian Kitchen www
An on-line cookbook, Vegetarian Kitchen, featuring dozens of easy low-fat recipes, kitchen wisdom, and tips for new and aspiring vegetarians. In a Vegetarian Kitchen.
- Vegetarian The Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia www
Vegetarian recipes, Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia, wholistic health and nutrition information. The Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia.
- Support Savvy Vegetarian www
Support for vegetarian lifestyle. Vegetarian. The site features life coaching, courses, educational articles, reviews, recipes and resource guide. Savvy Vegetarian.
- Humorous, Lettuce Ladies www
Humorous, Ladies, mildly suggestive site includes recipes and factual information about vegetarianism. Lettuce Ladies.
- Information Spoon Revolution www
Information and resources on vegetarianism using humour. Spoon Revolution.
- Offers Abbeys Recipes www
Offers low fat vegetarian and dessert recipes, Recipes, health tips, fitness, nutrition, organic foods, and animal rights. Abbeys Recipes.
- Recipes Meatless Monday Campaign www
Recipes designed to help people reduce their consumption of meats and saturated fat. Monday Campaign. From Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Meatless Monday Campaign.
- Promoting VeggieGirl.com www
Promoting a vegetarian diet and giving reasons not to eat meat, VeggieGirl.com, ranging from health concerns to animal rights. Quotes from famous vegetarians. VeggieGirl.com.
- Online Vegetarian Times www
Online companion to the magazine. Vegetarian Times.
- Providing ChooseVeg.com: A Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living www
Providing news, Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living, videos, vegan recipes, and information about the positive impacts that a vegetarian diet can have on animals, the environment, and your health. ChooseVeg.com: A Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living.
- Hosted Delicious TV: Totally Vegetarian www
Hosted by Toni Avtges and produced in Portland, TV: Totally Vegetarian, Maine, cooking and lifestyle series featuring a culinary style that's casual and Mediterranean. Delicious TV: Totally Vegetarian.
- News VegNews.org www
News and articles, VegNews.org, which may be commented on and submitted by visitors. VegNews.org.
- The Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals www
The UK-based Vegetarian and Vegan Campaigning Charity Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals.
- Provides Northern Connecticut Vegetarian Society www
Provides support to vegetarians by building a community for them and all those interested in the benefits of vegetarianism. Northern Connecticut Vegetarian Society.
- Supports World Animal Day www
Supports good conditions for endangered species and other animals. Animal Day. October 4 was picked as the day to celebrate our fellow creatures. Includes list of events, ways to help, and kid's page. World Animal Day.
- Large Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture) www
Large collection of information resources related to the improved care and use of laboratory, Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture), farm, companion, and exhibit animals. Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture).
- Discusses Nutritional Pros and Cons of Meat-based and Vegetarian Diets www
Discusses the pros and cons of vegetarianism and offers nutritional reasons why some people are better suited than others for this lifestyle. Nutritional Pros and Cons of Meat-based and Vegetarian Diets.
- Article New Frontier -- The Path of the Vegetarian www
Article by author Linda McCartney outlining the reasons why she supports vegetarianism and why she believes it will help solve the problem of world hunger. New Frontier -- The Path of the Vegetarian.
- Includes Stonyfield Farm - Vegetarianism www
Includes nutritional issues, Farm - Vegetarianism, benefits, WHATIS and references for vegetarianism. Stonyfield Farm - Vegetarianism.
- Consequences Tax Meat.com: The Health Consequences of Eating Meat www
Consequences of eating meat along with the benefits of not eating meat. Tax Meat.com: The Health Consequences of Eating Meat.
- An Good News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship www
An on-line book detailing the relationship between Christian values and vegetarianism and how they strengthen each other. News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship. Includes how to download and donation amount requested. Good News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship.
- Deals Vegetarianism: Movement or Moment? www
Deals with contemporary vegetarian and vegan movement and the reasons why people adopt such a lifestyle. Movement or Moment?. Vegetarianism: Movement or Moment?.
- Directory VeggieBoards www
Directory and message boards for vegetarians, VeggieBoards, vegans, environmentalists, and those interested in animal rights and welfare. VeggieBoards.
- A Veggie Forum www
A vegetarian forum to discuss diets, Forum, recipes and other lifestyle issues. Veggie Forum.
- Works Lucy Stone League www
Works towards equal rights for women and men to retain, Stone League, modify, and create their names at marriage and throughout life and towards equality of patrilineal/matrilineal name distribution for children. Includes a name freedom choice test, news, ways to help, and recommended reading. Lucy Stone League.
- People Society for Barefoot Living www
People who love going barefoot all the time as a lifestyle choice. for Barefoot Living. Informative articles and links. Society for Barefoot Living.
- Alexa: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
- DMOZ: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
dmoz.org Directory: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices