Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices Society.
Vegetarianism / v ɛ dʒ ɪ ˈ t ɛər i ə n ɪ z əm / is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat ( red meat, poultry, seafood, and the flesh of any other animal ), and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat, and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter.
- Vegetarianism Category
- Adolf Hitler and vegetarianism
- Carnivore - A carnivore, meaning "meat eater", is an organism that derives its energy and nutrient requirements from a diet consisting mainly or exclusively of animal tissue, whether through predation or scavenging.
- Cultured meat - Cultured meat, also called clean meat, synthetic meat or in vitro meat, is meat grown from in vitro animals cell culture instead of from slaughtered animals. It is a form of cellular agriculture.
- Economic vegetarianism - An economic vegetarian is a person who practices vegetarianism from either the philosophical viewpoint that the consumption of meat is expensive, part of a conscious simple living strategy or just because of necessity.
- Environmental impact of meat production - The environmental impact of meat production varies because of the wide variety of agricultural practices employed around the world. All agricultural practices have been found to have a variety of effects on the environment.
- Environmental vegetarianism - Environmental vegetarianism is the practice of vegetarianism or eating a plant-based diet based on the indications that animal-based industries are environmentally destructive or unsustainable.
- Intentional living
- Ethical theories
- VegSource www
Vegetarian and vegan recipes, VegSource, discussion boards, articles, information from medical doctors, experts and nutritionists, and a community of people who share an interest in health, diet and the planet.
- Lists Vegetarian Tips www
Lists hundreds of tips and mini-facts relating to vegetarianism, Tips, vegans, health, nutrition, animal welfare, environment, and recipes. Vegetarian Tips.
- Rates VRG's Veggie Quiz www
Rates your knowledge of vegetarianism. VRG's Veggie Quiz.
- Provides GladCow www
Provides a resource for people who are choosing a cruelty-free and health conscious lifestyle including discussion forums, GladCow, recipes and news. GladCow.
- Registered Vegetarian Society www
Registered charity present news, Society, recipes, events calendar, and educational material. Vegetarian Society.
- Promoting VeggieGirl.com www
Promoting a vegetarian diet and giving reasons not to eat meat, VeggieGirl.com, ranging from health concerns to animal rights. Quotes from famous vegetarians. VeggieGirl.com.
- Support Savvy Vegetarian www
Support for vegetarian lifestyle. Vegetarian. The site features life coaching, courses, educational articles, reviews, recipes and resource guide. Savvy Vegetarian.
- List Famousveggie.com www
List of famous vegetarians/vegans with quotes, Famousveggie.com, links, recipes and a list of vegetarian restaurants. Famousveggie.com.
- Contains Meat Filter www
Contains information and news for vegetarians and vegans. Meat Filter.
- News VegNews.org www
News and articles, VegNews.org, which may be commented on and submitted by visitors. VegNews.org.
- Lists Veg Dining www
Lists over 1000 vegetarian restaurants located worldwide. Dining. Site visitors can submit restaurant reviews. Veg Dining.
- An In a Vegetarian Kitchen www
An on-line cookbook, Vegetarian Kitchen, featuring dozens of easy low-fat recipes, kitchen wisdom, and tips for new and aspiring vegetarians. In a Vegetarian Kitchen.
- Community Go Vegetarian! www
Community message board for vegetarians and vegans, Vegetarian!, or anyone who is just interested in the meat-free lifestyle. Contains mainly recipes, and questions and answers on vegetarian/vegan food. Go Vegetarian!.
- Humorous, Lettuce Ladies www
Humorous, Ladies, mildly suggestive site includes recipes and factual information about vegetarianism. Lettuce Ladies.
- Providing ChooseVeg.com: A Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living www
Providing news, Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living, videos, vegan recipes, and information about the positive impacts that a vegetarian diet can have on animals, the environment, and your health. ChooseVeg.com: A Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living.
- Covers Vegetarian Resources www
Covers vegetarianism history, Resources, associations and dishes. Vegetarian Resources.
- An Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet www
An essay by Reed Mangels on how vegetarians can easily meet their nutrient needs during pregnancy. Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet.
- Includes The Veg Blog www
Includes news and links. The Veg Blog.
- Includes Veggie Global www
Includes an abundance of vegetarian resources. Veggie Global.
- Offers Abbeys Recipes www
Offers low fat vegetarian and dessert recipes, Recipes, health tips, fitness, nutrition, organic foods, and animal rights. Abbeys Recipes.
- Australian WhyVeg www
Australian site about being vegetarian includes recipes, WhyVeg, ethical and health related information. WhyVeg.
- Vegetarian The Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia www
Vegetarian recipes, Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia, wholistic health and nutrition information. The Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia.
- Information Spoon Revolution www
Information and resources on vegetarianism using humour. Spoon Revolution.
- Recipes Meatless Monday Campaign www
Recipes designed to help people reduce their consumption of meats and saturated fat. Monday Campaign. From Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Meatless Monday Campaign.
- Recipes Veggies Unite www
Recipes are included here. Veggies Unite.
- Hosted Delicious TV: Totally Vegetarian www
Hosted by Toni Avtges and produced in Portland, TV: Totally Vegetarian, Maine, cooking and lifestyle series featuring a culinary style that's casual and Mediterranean. Delicious TV: Totally Vegetarian.
- A GoVeg www
A how-to guide to vegetarianism and veganism includes FAQ, GoVeg, links and resources. One of the PETA family of sites. GoVeg.
- Provides Andrew Veg www
Provides reasons to live a vegetarian lifestyle. Veg. Includes nutritional guides, religious and philosophical discussions. Andrew Veg.
- Online Vegetarian Times www
Online companion to the magazine. Vegetarian Times.
- Questions The Veggie Table www
Questions and answers about vegetarianism. Veggie Table. Vegetarian and vegan recipes, cookbook recommendations, getting started articles, and a recipe-exchange forum. The Veggie Table.
- Definition, Vegetarian Diet www
Definition, Diet, origin and history of vegetarianism; lots of useful information, including how to raise infants on a vegetarian/vegan diet. Vegetarian Diet.
- Reports Beyond Vegetarianism www
Reports from veterans of vegetarian and raw-food diets, Vegetarianism, veganism, fruitarianism, and instinctive eating, plus new science from paleolithic diet research and clinical nutrition. Beyond Vegetarianism.
- Lists Vegetarian Beers www
Lists many (mainly British) beers and whether or not they are suitable for vegetarians. Vegetarian Beers.
- Current ErikMarcus.com www
Current and archived writing from Erik Marcus, ErikMarcus.com, publisher of Vegan.com and author of Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating. ErikMarcus.com.
- Resources The Ethical Vegetarian www
Resources for ethical vegetarians and those concerned about deep ecology or animal rights. The Ethical Vegetarian.
- Supports World Animal Day www
Supports good conditions for endangered species and other animals. Animal Day. October 4 was picked as the day to celebrate our fellow creatures. Includes list of events, ways to help, and kid's page. World Animal Day.
- Large Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture) www
Large collection of information resources related to the improved care and use of laboratory, Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture), farm, companion, and exhibit animals. Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture).
- Taking The Vegetarian Conscience, by Harold Hillman www
Taking the consequences of a vegetarian ethic seriously The Vegetarian Conscience, by Harold Hillman.
- Sir Go Veggie with Paul McCartney and Viva! www
Sir Paul McCartney has put his weight behind a Viva! campaign to turn Britain veggie. Veggie with Paul McCartney and Viva!. A joint colourful, upbeat leaflet has been produced to coincide with National Vegetarian Week (June 14-20) encouraging people all over Britain to 'Go veggie with Paul McCartney and Viva!' Go Veggie with Paul McCartney and Viva!.
- Longer Reasons to Go Vegetarian www
Longer life expectancy, Go Vegetarian, reducing pollution, striking at the causes of famine, purging the body of toxins, and saving money. Reasons to Go Vegetarian.
- Reasons 4 Reasons to go Vegetarian www
Reasons include nutrition, Reasons to go Vegetarian, helping to ease world hunger, and stopping animal cruelty. 4 Reasons to go Vegetarian.
- An Good News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship www
An on-line book detailing the relationship between Christian values and vegetarianism and how they strengthen each other. News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship. Includes how to download and donation amount requested. Good News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship.
- Deals Vegetarianism: Movement or Moment? www
Deals with contemporary vegetarian and vegan movement and the reasons why people adopt such a lifestyle. Movement or Moment?. Vegetarianism: Movement or Moment?.
- Directory VeggieBoards www
Directory and message boards for vegetarians, VeggieBoards, vegans, environmentalists, and those interested in animal rights and welfare. VeggieBoards.
- A Veggie Forum www
A vegetarian forum to discuss diets, Forum, recipes and other lifestyle issues. Veggie Forum.
- Works Lucy Stone League www
Works towards equal rights for women and men to retain, Stone League, modify, and create their names at marriage and throughout life and towards equality of patrilineal/matrilineal name distribution for children. Includes a name freedom choice test, news, ways to help, and recommended reading. Lucy Stone League.
- People Society for Barefoot Living www
People who love going barefoot all the time as a lifestyle choice. for Barefoot Living. Informative articles and links. Society for Barefoot Living.
- Alexa: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
- DMOZ: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
dmoz.org Directory: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices