Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices Society.
Vegetarianism / v ɛ dʒ ɪ ˈ t ɛər i ə n ɪ z əm / is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat ( red meat, poultry, seafood, and the flesh of any other animal ), and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat, and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter.
- Vegetarianism Category
- Adolf Hitler and vegetarianism
- Carnivore - A carnivore, meaning "meat eater", is an organism that derives its energy and nutrient requirements from a diet consisting mainly or exclusively of animal tissue, whether through predation or scavenging.
- Cultured meat - Cultured meat, also called clean meat or in vitro meat, is meat grown in cell culture instead of inside animals. It is a form of cellular agriculture. Cultured meat is produced using many of the same tissue engineering techniques traditionally used in regenerative medicine.
- Economic vegetarianism - An economic vegetarian is a person who practices vegetarianism from either the philosophical viewpoint that the consumption of meat is expensive, part of a conscious simple living strategy or just because of necessity.
- Environmental impact of meat production - The environmental impact of meat production varies because of the wide variety of agricultural practices employed around the world. All agricultural practices have been found to have a variety of effects on the environment.
- Environmental vegetarianism - Environmental vegetarianism is the practice of vegetarianism or eating a plant-based diet based on the indications that animal-based industries are environmentally destructive or unsustainable.
- Intentional living
- Ethical theories
- VegSource www
Vegetarian and vegan recipes, VegSource, discussion boards, articles, information from medical doctors, experts and nutritionists, and a community of people who share an interest in health, diet and the planet.
- Viva Vegie Society, Inc. www
Takes vegetarian advocacy to the streets of New York. Vegie Society, Inc..
- 49 Good Reasons For Being A Vegetarian www
Compelling reasons for kicking the meat habit. Good Reasons For Being A Vegetarian.
- Vegetarian The Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia www
Vegetarian recipes, Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia, wholistic health and nutrition information. The Black Vegetarian Society of Georgia.
- Provides GladCow www
Provides a resource for people who are choosing a cruelty-free and health conscious lifestyle including discussion forums, GladCow, recipes and news. GladCow.
- A GoVeg www
A how-to guide to vegetarianism and veganism includes FAQ, GoVeg, links and resources. One of the PETA family of sites. GoVeg.
- Lists Veg Dining www
Lists over 1000 vegetarian restaurants located worldwide. Dining. Site visitors can submit restaurant reviews. Veg Dining.
- Reports Beyond Vegetarianism www
Reports from veterans of vegetarian and raw-food diets, Vegetarianism, veganism, fruitarianism, and instinctive eating, plus new science from paleolithic diet research and clinical nutrition. Beyond Vegetarianism.
- Australian WhyVeg www
Australian site about being vegetarian includes recipes, WhyVeg, ethical and health related information. WhyVeg.
- Offers Abbeys Recipes www
Offers low fat vegetarian and dessert recipes, Recipes, health tips, fitness, nutrition, organic foods, and animal rights. Abbeys Recipes.
- Online Vegetarian Times www
Online companion to the magazine. Vegetarian Times.
- Includes Veggie Global www
Includes an abundance of vegetarian resources. Veggie Global.
- Promoting VeggieGirl.com www
Promoting a vegetarian diet and giving reasons not to eat meat, VeggieGirl.com, ranging from health concerns to animal rights. Quotes from famous vegetarians. VeggieGirl.com.
- News VegNews.org www
News and articles, VegNews.org, which may be commented on and submitted by visitors. VegNews.org.
- List Famousveggie.com www
List of famous vegetarians/vegans with quotes, Famousveggie.com, links, recipes and a list of vegetarian restaurants. Famousveggie.com.
- Information Spoon Revolution www
Information and resources on vegetarianism using humour. Spoon Revolution.
- Humorous, Lettuce Ladies www
Humorous, Ladies, mildly suggestive site includes recipes and factual information about vegetarianism. Lettuce Ladies.
- Provides Andrew Veg www
Provides reasons to live a vegetarian lifestyle. Veg. Includes nutritional guides, religious and philosophical discussions. Andrew Veg.
- Hosted Delicious TV: Totally Vegetarian www
Hosted by Toni Avtges and produced in Portland, TV: Totally Vegetarian, Maine, cooking and lifestyle series featuring a culinary style that's casual and Mediterranean. Delicious TV: Totally Vegetarian.
- Recipes Veggies Unite www
Recipes are included here. Veggies Unite.
- Definition, Vegetarian Diet www
Definition, Diet, origin and history of vegetarianism; lots of useful information, including how to raise infants on a vegetarian/vegan diet. Vegetarian Diet.
- Registered Vegetarian Society www
Registered charity present news, Society, recipes, events calendar, and educational material. Vegetarian Society.
- Rates VRG's Veggie Quiz www
Rates your knowledge of vegetarianism. VRG's Veggie Quiz.
- An In a Vegetarian Kitchen www
An on-line cookbook, Vegetarian Kitchen, featuring dozens of easy low-fat recipes, kitchen wisdom, and tips for new and aspiring vegetarians. In a Vegetarian Kitchen.
- Recipes Meatless Monday Campaign www
Recipes designed to help people reduce their consumption of meats and saturated fat. Monday Campaign. From Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Meatless Monday Campaign.
- Includes The Veg Blog www
Includes news and links. The Veg Blog.
- Providing ChooseVeg.com: A Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living www
Providing news, Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living, videos, vegan recipes, and information about the positive impacts that a vegetarian diet can have on animals, the environment, and your health. ChooseVeg.com: A Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Living.
- Covers Vegetarian Resources www
Covers vegetarianism history, Resources, associations and dishes. Vegetarian Resources.
- Lists Vegetarian Beers www
Lists many (mainly British) beers and whether or not they are suitable for vegetarians. Vegetarian Beers.
- Community Go Vegetarian! www
Community message board for vegetarians and vegans, Vegetarian!, or anyone who is just interested in the meat-free lifestyle. Contains mainly recipes, and questions and answers on vegetarian/vegan food. Go Vegetarian!.
- Lists Vegetarian Tips www
Lists hundreds of tips and mini-facts relating to vegetarianism, Tips, vegans, health, nutrition, animal welfare, environment, and recipes. Vegetarian Tips.
- Questions The Veggie Table www
Questions and answers about vegetarianism. Veggie Table. Vegetarian and vegan recipes, cookbook recommendations, getting started articles, and a recipe-exchange forum. The Veggie Table.
- Contains Meat Filter www
Contains information and news for vegetarians and vegans. Meat Filter.
- Support Savvy Vegetarian www
Support for vegetarian lifestyle. Vegetarian. The site features life coaching, courses, educational articles, reviews, recipes and resource guide. Savvy Vegetarian.
- An Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet www
An essay by Reed Mangels on how vegetarians can easily meet their nutrient needs during pregnancy. Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet.
- The Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals www
The UK-based Vegetarian and Vegan Campaigning Charity Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals.
- Supports World Animal Day www
Supports good conditions for endangered species and other animals. Animal Day. October 4 was picked as the day to celebrate our fellow creatures. Includes list of events, ways to help, and kid's page. World Animal Day.
- Large Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture) www
Large collection of information resources related to the improved care and use of laboratory, Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture), farm, companion, and exhibit animals. Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture).
- Taking The Vegetarian Conscience, by Harold Hillman www
Taking the consequences of a vegetarian ethic seriously The Vegetarian Conscience, by Harold Hillman.
- Information Now Eat Up Your Blue-Greens! www
Information on the algae Spirulina as an alternative for vegans who don't like vegetables. Now Eat Up Your Blue-Greens!.
- Provides Celestial Healing - Health Tips www
Provides information on leading mental and physical life through vegetarianism. Celestial Healing - Health Tips.
- An Good News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship www
An on-line book detailing the relationship between Christian values and vegetarianism and how they strengthen each other. News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship. Includes how to download and donation amount requested. Good News for All Creation: Vegetarianism as Christian Stewardship.
- Deals Vegetarianism: Movement or Moment? www
Deals with contemporary vegetarian and vegan movement and the reasons why people adopt such a lifestyle. Movement or Moment?. Vegetarianism: Movement or Moment?.
- A Veggie Forum www
A vegetarian forum to discuss diets, Forum, recipes and other lifestyle issues. Veggie Forum.
- Directory VeggieBoards www
Directory and message boards for vegetarians, VeggieBoards, vegans, environmentalists, and those interested in animal rights and welfare. VeggieBoards.
- People Society for Barefoot Living www
People who love going barefoot all the time as a lifestyle choice. for Barefoot Living. Informative articles and links. Society for Barefoot Living.
- Works Lucy Stone League www
Works towards equal rights for women and men to retain, Stone League, modify, and create their names at marriage and throughout life and towards equality of patrilineal/matrilineal name distribution for children. Includes a name freedom choice test, news, ways to help, and recommended reading. Lucy Stone League.
- Alexa: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
- DMOZ: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices
dmoz.org Directory: Vegetarianism Lifestyle Choices