This section is intended solely as a repository for sites that contain official legal reference materials, and any form of legal advertising or commercial promotion is unwelcome in this section. Reference Law Society.
References can take on many forms, including: a thought, a sensory perception that is audible ( onomatopoeia ), visual (text), olfactory, or tactile, emotional state, relationship with other, spacetime coordinate, symbolic or alpha-numeric, a physical object or an energy projection. (wikipedia)
- Reference A relation between objects in which one object designates, or acts as a means by which to connect...
- Terms of reference Terms of reference define the purpose and structure of a project, committee, meeting, negotiation...
- Reference (C++) A simple reference datatype that is less powerful but safer than the pointer type inherited from C.
- Reference (computer science) A value that enables a program to indirectly access a particular datum, such as a variable or a...
- Reference work A book or periodical to which one can refer for information.
- Reference desk A public service counter where professional librarians provide library users with direction to...
- Digital reference A service by which a library reference service is conducted online, and the reference transaction...
- Reference (film) A 1985 Bulgarian drama film directed by Christo Christov.
- Reference.com Reference.com is an online encyclopedia, thesaurus, and dictionary.
- Reference design Reference design refers to a technical blueprint of a system that is intended for others to copy.
- Reference question A submission by the federal or a provincial government to the courts asking for an advisory...
- Legal Information Institute www
Primary legal materials and links to a wide array of U. Information Institute.S. and international legal reference websites. From Cornell Law School.
- Free, World Legal Information Institute (WorldLII) www
Free, Legal Information Institute (WorldLII), independent and non-profit public access to worldwide law by the Free Access to Law movement. World Legal Information Institute (WorldLII).
- Legal Heiros Gamos www
Legal directory and reference resource including articles contributed by prominent law firms addressing timely issues and events. Heiros Gamos.
- Databases CommonLII - Commonwealth Legal Information Institute www
Databases from 59 Commonwealth and common law countries and territories via the Free Access to Law Movement. CommonLII - Commonwealth Legal Information Institute.
- Free Supreme Court of the United States www
Free public access to legal information including opinions, Court of the United States, court rules, and transcripts of oral arguments. Supreme Court of the United States.
- Free Lawnix www
Free access to legal information including case briefs of seminal legal decisions from common law nations and a case law database. Lawnix.
- Free Southern African Legal Information Institute - SAFLII www
Free legal resources for several countries in southern Africa. Southern African Legal Information Institute - SAFLII.
- A Trans-Lex www
A free legal research and codification platform for transnational law. Trans-Lex.
- An JurisPedia www
An encyclopaedic project of academic initiative devoted to worldwide law, JurisPedia, legal and political sciences. JurisPedia.
- Covers Encyclopedia of Law and Economics www
Covers the current field of law and economics. Law and Economics. Full texts available online. Encyclopedia of Law and Economics.
- Free Justia www
Free public access to information including United States state and federal case law, Justia, constitutions, and codes. Justia.
- References Kenya Law Reports www
References for the laws of Kenya including judgments, Law Reports, rulings, and opinions of the superior courts of record. Kenya Law Reports.
- Public Global Legal Information Network (GLIN) www
Public search engine and database of laws, Legal Information Network (GLIN), regulations, judicial decisions, and other information contributed by government agencies and international organizations. Global Legal Information Network (GLIN).
- English NovexCN www
English translations of selected Chinese, NovexCN, Vietnamese, and North Korean laws, regulations, and resources. NovexCN.
- Databases AsianLII - Asian Legal Information Institute www
Databases from 28 Asian countries and territories via the Free Access to Law Movement. AsianLII - Asian Legal Information Institute.
- With British and Irish Legal Information Institute www
With the exception of Scottish statutes, and Irish Legal Information Institute, and statutory instruments for most jurisdictions (which are promised shortly) BAILII includes all freely available UK and Irish data which is available on the Web as well as much data which is not otherwise available. British and Irish Legal Information Institute.
- Swiss Swiss CPIL (Switzerland's Code on Private International Law) www
Swiss Code on Private International Law), CPIL (Switzerland's Code on Private International Law), English translation. Adobe acrobat format. Swiss CPIL (Switzerland's Code on Private International Law).
- Legal ASIL Electronic Resource Guide www
Legal resources for international law provided by the American Society of International law (ASIL) including internet lists, Electronic Resource Guide, newsgroups and networks. ASIL Electronic Resource Guide.
- Division Organization of American States Department of International Law www
Division of the OAS Secretariat for Legal Affairs which advises the General Assembly on matters of public and private international law. American States Department of International Law. Publications, text of agreements and treaties, and information about department education programs and activities. Organization of American States Department of International Law.
- Search Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations www
Search engine and index of abbreviations of legal publications from over 295 jurisdictions. Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations.
- Andrew LLRX.com Legal Research Guide www
Andrew Zimmerman's guide to legal research including information on U. Legal Research Guide.S., foreign, and comparative law and the Freedom of Information Act. LLRX.com Legal Research Guide.
- Legal NAFTA Secretariat www
Legal texts and panel decisions and reports pertaining to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). NAFTA Secretariat.
- Free PACLII - Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute www
Free legal resources provided through an initiative of the University of the South Pacific School of Law. PACLII - Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.
- Alexa: Reference Law
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Reference Law
- DMOZ: Reference Law
dmoz.org Directory: Reference Law