Labor law describes the relationship between management and labor, usually in the context of unionization and management-union disputes. It is related to employment law, a broader section which also encompasses the individual rights of employees without regard to union membership. Labor and Employment Law Legal Information Law Society.
- Wikipedia: Labour law mediates the relationship between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government. Collective labour law relates to the tripartite relationship between employee, employer and union. Individual labour law concerns employees' rights at work and through the contract for work. are social norms for the minimum socially acceptable conditions under which employees or contractors are allowed to work. Government agencies enforce labour law.
- Labour law Category
- Employee benefits - Employee benefits and benefits in kind include various types of non-wage compensation provided to employees in addition to their normal wages or salaries.
- Benefit incidence - In economics, benefit incidence refers to the availability of a benefit. In the United States, the benefit incidence is calculated by the National Compensation Survey.
- Profit sharing - Profit sharing refers to various incentive plans introduced by businesses that provide direct or indirect payments to employees that depend on company's profitability in addition to employees' regular salary and bonuses.
- Novated lease - The term novated lease is used to refer to a motor vehicle lease which has been novated, that is, the obligations in the contract have been transferred from one party to another.
- Family economics - Family economics applies basic economic concepts such as production, division of labor, distribution, and decision making to the study of the family.
- Family wage - A family wage is a wage that is sufficient to raise a family. This contrasts with a living wage, which is generally taken to mean a wage sufficient for a single individual to live on, but not necessarily sufficient to also support a family.
- Working conditions
- Social programs
- Working time
- Employment compensation
- Articles BNA Employment & Labor Law www
Articles on recent legal developments, Employment & Labor Law, with additional resources available by subscription. BNA Employment & Labor Law.
- An U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide www
An overview of United States labor statutes and regulations as they apply to businesses. U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- Contending Microsystems Software Litigation www
Contending that an employee was fired by Microsystems Software who becomes injured on the job, Software Litigation, when he traveled to receive medical treatment. Microsystems Software Litigation.
- Case Northwest Airlines Case Study www
Case of Northwest Airlines employees "sick out" and resulting warrants for personal and work computer seizure. Northwest Airlines Case Study.
- Coordinates American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits www
Coordinates the activities of the employee benefits committees of ABA sections, Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits, and compiles lists of attorney questions and answers provided by various federal agencies. American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits.
- Provides Crain Communications Inc. - Workforce Management www
Provides guidance to human resources professionals on creating and operating employee benefit programs. Crain Communications Inc. - Workforce Management.
- Introducing Department of Labor - Age Discrimination www
Introducing U. Labor - Age Discrimination.S. age discrimination laws. Department of Labor - Age Discrimination.
- Nonprofit Workplace Fairness www
Nonprofit organization, Fairness, founded to assist individuals in understanding, enforcing, and expanding their rights in the workplace. Workplace Fairness.
- Offering US Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics www
Offering statistical information about the economy, Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics, population, demographics, unemployment, wages, staffing patterns. Also contains list of Occupational Codes. US Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Agency Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS) www
Agency of United States Government that handles arbitration and mediation of labor disputes and contract negotiations. Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS). Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS).
- Offering ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law www
Offering committee reports, Section of Labor and Employment Law, meeting materials, "The Labor Lawyer" journal, calendar of events, and discussion groups for section members. ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law.
- Legal Employment Lawyers Association (United Kingdom) www
Legal summaries, Lawyers Association (United Kingdom), member list, and description of legislative and pro bono work. Employment Lawyers Association (United Kingdom).
- Selling Amaxx Ventures, LLC www
Selling workers compensation cost containment products for employers. Amaxx Ventures, LLC.
- Source Poster Compliance Center www
Source for mandatory U. Compliance Center.S. state and federal labor law posters. Poster Compliance Center.
- Offering WORLDLawDirect www
Offering concise articles for a wide assortment of legal matters, WORLDLawDirect, and paid question and answer service. WORLDLawDirect.
- Canadian Duhaime.org www
Canadian legal information and resources. Duhaime.org.
- Alexa: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information
- DMOZ: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information
dmoz.org Directory: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information