Labor law describes the relationship between management and labor, usually in the context of unionization and management-union disputes. It is related to employment law, a broader section which also encompasses the individual rights of employees without regard to union membership. Labor and Employment Law Legal Information Law Society.
- Wikipedia: Labour law mediates the relationship between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government. Collective labour law relates to the tripartite relationship between employee, employer and union. Individual labour law concerns employees' rights at work and through the contract for work. are social norms for the minimum socially acceptable conditions under which employees or contractors are allowed to work. Government agencies enforce labour law.
- Labour law Category
- Employee benefits - Employee benefits and benefits in kind include various types of non-wage compensation provided to employees in addition to their normal wages or salaries.
- Benefit incidence - In economics, benefit incidence refers to the availability of a benefit. In the United States, the benefit incidence is calculated by the National Compensation Survey.
- Profit sharing - Profit sharing refers to various incentive plans introduced by businesses that provide direct or indirect payments to employees that depend on company's profitability in addition to employees' regular salary and bonuses.
- Novated lease - The term novated lease is used to refer to a motor vehicle lease which has been novated, that is, the obligations in the contract have been transferred from one party to another.
- Family economics - Family economics applies basic economic concepts such as production, division of labor, distribution, and decision making to the study of the family.
- Family wage - A family wage is a wage that is sufficient to raise a family. This contrasts with a living wage, which is generally taken to mean a wage sufficient for a single individual to live on, but not necessarily sufficient to also support a family.
- Working conditions
- Social programs
- Working time
- Employment compensation
- Articles BNA Employment & Labor Law www
Articles on recent legal developments, Employment & Labor Law, with additional resources available by subscription. BNA Employment & Labor Law.
- An U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide www
An overview of United States labor statutes and regulations as they apply to businesses. U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- Case Northwest Airlines Case Study www
Case of Northwest Airlines employees "sick out" and resulting warrants for personal and work computer seizure. Northwest Airlines Case Study.
- Contending Microsystems Software Litigation www
Contending that an employee was fired by Microsystems Software who becomes injured on the job, Software Litigation, when he traveled to receive medical treatment. Microsystems Software Litigation.
- A Employee Benefits, Compensation and Pension Law www
A bi-weekly electronic journal published by the Social Science Research Network. Benefits, Compensation and Pension Law. A forum for policy makers, practitioners and researchers to exchange ideas on the full spectrum of employee benefits - healthcare, pension and savings arrangements, cash and equity compensation, and Social Security - both in the U.S. and abroad. Employee Benefits, Compensation and Pension Law.
- Providing National Council on Teacher Retirement www
Providing resources on laws and legislation affecting teacher retirement. National Council on Teacher Retirement.
- Information Domestic Worker Rights in California www
Information about basic legal rights under state law. Domestic Worker Rights in California.
- Nonprofit Workplace Fairness www
Nonprofit organization, Fairness, founded to assist individuals in understanding, enforcing, and expanding their rights in the workplace. Workplace Fairness.
- Division Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) www
Division of U. Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).S. Department of Labor that enforces the Occupational Safety and Health Act. Information on workplace safety and health. Contains text of laws, regulations, interpretation letters and memos, compliance guides, field inspection guides. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission www
The agency of the United States Government that enforces the federal employment discrimination laws. Employment Opportunity Commission. Information about discrimination on the basis of age, sex and sexual harassment), race, color, national origin, religion, disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Includes Minnesota National Employment Lawyers Association Chapter www
Includes member list and information on legal briefs (friend of the court) they have filed in Minnesota. Minnesota National Employment Lawyers Association Chapter.
- Makes Chet Levitt Fund www
Makes small grants to cover specific employment court case expenses, Levitt Fund, such as depositions, expert witnesses, and the printing of appellate records and briefs. Information of applying for a grant and donating to the fund. Chet Levitt Fund.
- Selling Amaxx Ventures, LLC www
Selling workers compensation cost containment products for employers. Amaxx Ventures, LLC.
- Source Poster Compliance Center www
Source for mandatory U. Compliance Center.S. state and federal labor law posters. Poster Compliance Center.
- Videos Clientelevision www
Videos explaining the law for consumers and small business owners. Clientelevision.
- Offering WORLDLawDirect www
Offering concise articles for a wide assortment of legal matters, WORLDLawDirect, and paid question and answer service. WORLDLawDirect.
- Alexa: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information
- DMOZ: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information
dmoz.org Directory: Labor and Employment Law Legal Information